No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Max TV Box Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More info I cant go back to stock yet as I only have a update Zip for my M8S Max and now my box thinks its a q20x and gives me an error when I try to use the stock update zip.

The error it gives me is This package is for the "m8s_max" Devices; This is a "q20x"

So for now I advice dont flash any other roms to the M8S MAX until we can get a image we can flash with the usb burning tool for the M8S max.

Blinky
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Ok Good news im back to stock FW now thanks to Freaktab Dev superceleron Within 10 Mins he had a fix for me

Remember to send them a if you use there work.

Blinky

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        Ok Good news im back to stock FW now thanks to Freaktab Dev superceleron Within 10 Mins he had a fix for me

Blinky
        Superceleron is awesome!!!!
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Blinky
          Thanks for the detailed info about the firmware flash.

Shame that the Wifi didn't work, otherwise it would probably have been perfect.

My box is set to be delivered today.

Would you mind to reveal the fix Superceleron gave you?

Comment

OTA update - not working (as usual)

TV Center on home screen - Useless apk stuck on the home screen at Kodi 17.6 and impossible to update to newer Kodi versions now at 18.3.

Very few updates (if at all from the manufacturer)

No security updates, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks for the detailed info about the firmware flash.

Shame that the Wifi didn't work, otherwise it would probably have been perfect.

My box is set to be delivered today.

Would you mind to reveal the fix Superceleron gave you?
              Yes sure this is the stock FW in zip form with out the checks thanks to superceleron

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freaktab.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freaktab.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Yes sure this is the stock FW in zip form with out the checks thanks to superceleron

http://freaktab.org/464ec7d6b532c4f4
                Thanks again for that, and of course to superceleron for making the quick fix.

My box arrived so will check it out later today.

I notice from the pictures in the review threads that the Max has a different wifi chip than the Pro L, so probably moving the correct lib files from the original firmware to the Nano firmware may fix it.

I recall on developer, forgot name now, did it for S905X device with an RTL chip, and that mod worked perfect.

The wifi chip for the Max is the same as for the Tanix TX92.

Now only need to know which files have to move lol

Comment

http://freaktab.org/464ec7d6b532c4f4
                  I just flashed the Nano rom for the Pro L ( not LB ) and everything works.

Wifi - bluetooth - Ethernet - Playstore. Don't know how to check HDMI CEC, but since everything works I assume that one will work also.

Took 2.24 min to flash with USB burning tool 2.0.8.

The only thing strange I noticed was that on first boot, there were no yellow tabs on the blue screen.

The vision and let's go tab normally have a yellow background.

First boot was also extremely fast, I din't check the time, but i have a feeling that it was half the usual time.

Will download an flash the firmware again anyway, and then time the first boot.

Comment

• blinkone
                    blinkone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great the WiFi works.did you try to get back to stock yet.

No I didn't try to get back to stock, because since the Nano firmware works perfectly, I have no reason for it. But I assume that with the modded file you uploaded it will work.

The only thing I would need to change is that it's called Max instead of Pro L in the About.

You think I can make those changes in the Build properties?

Comment

I re-downloaded the Nano Pro L and flashed again.

1.40 minutes to get to the blue setup screen, still no yellow backgrounds on the tabs, so I guess that is in the firmware file.

Total of 3.35 minutes from power up to setup completed.

Firmware is really snappy, and everything works perfectly.

Wifi is also pretty quick to connect, as my signal is low, but it connects instantly. Other Mecool boxes I have I get the impression that it takes longer.

This boy is happy with what he sees.

Will later on do a Antutu test and see what that gives.

Comment

Antutu Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_07_18_19.02.19.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	778850Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_07_18_19.02.06.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	778851

Comment

Jancales that is impressive for an S912 to be scoring almost 55k with the firmware Mod, if you notice the OP review posts pic shows it stock at 48k.

Comment

Which way is better to flash?

Comment

Don't remember how many of these boxes I have flashed, but now I have one that burning tool doesn't want to see.

Anyone know which the pins are in the eMMC of this box?

Comment

Working...
                            X