No announcement yet.

A95X F2 Amlogic S905x2 Android 9.0 TV Box Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When viewing the original 50 fps IPTV channels, the system freezes and crashes. The AFRD has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Porkie like I said when you first mentioned this problem, it all has to do with how the Firmware is being compiled by the manufacturer. The programmer is not activating a flag or omitting flags that correspond to Notifications in the build process.

Notification access is Not being blocked by Google "just for tv boxes." Notification access is fully supported in Pie AOSP (Android Open Source Project) Google's open source code base which TV boxes firmwares are all based off of.

Another alternative thing to check or research is the framework-res.apk and see if the A95X is activating TV-UI instead of Default-UI (phone standard) and that somehow kills all notifications in Pie, I don't own a stock androidTV OS but I'm fairly positive the official TV OS blocks Notifications/StatusBar for immersive fullscreen viewing so activating TV-UI flag may be one of the problems.
      Its like you cannot read, cause I clearly said the notification access problem was caused by the developer not including notification access in the firmware, and there would not be a fix till it gets added to the firmware. I am convinced you are just trying to be an asshole on here for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mart_71 View Post
        When viewing the original 50 fps IPTV channels, the system freezes and crashes. The AFRD has nothing to do with it.
        Just trying to help,

You said issues with 50 fps content, a software problem Amlogic is known for in Android, and this is specifically an AUTO Frame Rate problem. AFRd is an apk to address this issue and if you don't want to use, you don't have too. In my testing the AFRd works great and picture quality is perfect if your tv can handle changing framerates.

Alternatively you IPTV client(app) may not handle 50 fps correctly and crash due to bad code or compatibility issues with Android 9.

Comment

I just got this box and I was experimenting with Linux on SD card, but no luck so far.
          Is there a good Linux image for this box to install in internal eMMC? If not, which Linux distribution would be the best to run from SD card?
          Is there LibreElec image for this box?
          How do I backup the original firmware in case I brick the box?
          What is the best way to root this box (safely and without installing spyware)?

I am new to TV boxes, but Linux does not have many secrets to me. I use Linux a lot and I would like to turn this (or another) tv box into RPi like computer. I have two goals- Linux on a TV box for home automation scripts and software and second multimedia box (the thing, that tv boxes are ment to be originally, but ideally with Linux, not with Android).

Comment

Originally posted by Dictador View Post
            I just got this box and I was experimenting with Linux on SD card, but no luck so far.
            Is there a good Linux image for this box to install in internal eMMC? If not, which Linux distribution would be the best to run from SD card?
            Is there LibreElec image for this box?
            How do I backup the original firmware in case I brick the box?
            What is the best way to root this box (safely and without installing spyware)?

I am new to TV boxes, but Linux does not have many secrets to me. I use Linux a lot and I would like to turn this (or another) tv box into RPi like computer. I have two goals- Linux on a TV box for home automation scripts and software and second multimedia box (the thing, that tv boxes are ment to be originally, but ideally with Linux, not with Android).
            Talk to balbes150 for all things Linux!
            See his post here:
            https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930...l-41x-ver-555/

- CoreElec should support this box with their S905x2 images, is same concept of LibreElec Kodi on Linux OS.
            edit: LibreElec has generic LibreElec images made by balbes150 for both g12a platforms S905X2 and S922X, see: https://yadi.sk/d/DHePyyRcterLf

- Should be able to download a backup Android firmware image from Chinagadgetsreviews.com or AndroidPCTV.com

- Box should already be rooted with android, check '/system/xbin/su' for su binary.

Hope that helps,
            Cheers
            Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-13-2019, 11:17. Reason: Edit info about LibreElec

Comment

Hey all. With regards to the WiFi..

Its complete garbage with the 866 Mbps chip. At least in my experience. I ordered one from amazon originally it has the 433 Mbps chip and is solid, constantly getting 200 mbps up and down. I have 750/750 mbps up/down.

So I ordered 10 from a seller off Alibaba that claims his shop is the manufacturer of the a95x boxes. The WiFi with the 10 boxes I got have the 866 mbps and in my tests the speed drops almost immediately after connecting, so low its not feasible for me to play videos on my local emby server. For it to work again I have to disable wifi, then re-enable and reconnect to my wireless. Furthermore, pretty much all functionality of anything with regards to internet becomes extremely slow. It drops from 200mbps to nowhere even higher than 10mbps. I thought okay maybe for some reason this device doesn't jive with my internet or wifi for some reason. So I ended up taking a couple boxes over to my brothers house. He lives in a completely different city and has different internet provider. He has the exact same issue.

I actually sent the guy from alibaba several videos and screenshots explaining my situation. Hey did the same tests and verified the issue by sending me pictures of his speed tests. Same thing, speed drops after a matter of minutes. However, he told me the speed test app was not accurate and would only refund me money if I paid for full shipping back to China ($200 CAD). What a joke! The boxes are completely useless to me, so I want all users on here to be careful buying this product. It may work for you, but definitely didn't for me.

A couple other notes:

I have never had this issue with any box I have ever had (I have x96 max, tanix, firestick), plus all my other devices (cell phones, laptops, etc) never have this issue with speed drops. I decided to try 3 different routers in my condo, all the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by chabs View Post
                Hey all. With regards to the WiFi..

Its complete garbage with the 866 Mbps chip. At least in my experience. I ordered one from amazon originally it has the 433 Mbps chip and is solid, constantly getting 200 mbps up and down. I have 750/750 mbps up/down.

The WiFi with the 10 boxes I got have the 866 mbps and in my tests the speed drops almost immediately after connecting,.... to nowhere even higher than 10mbps.
                Does the link speed drop so low on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz on boxes with MTK7668? Or on 5GHz band only?
                Does it work correctly with MTK7668 in 2.4GHz band?

Comment

Originally posted by Dictador View Post

Does the link speed drop so low on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz on boxes with MTK7668? Or on 5GHz band only?
                  Does it work correctly with MTK7668 in 2.4GHz band?
                  Hey there,

I was only testing 5ghz band because I play 4k through my Emby server.

The routers I tested were within 10 feet of the box. Same with my brothers router at his house.

As I said I've not had this issue before with any other android box or other device. I tested all 10 of my boxes that I bought to make sure it was a definite issue. Same results on all 10.

I also tested all kinds of different WiFi bands in the 5ghz range. The box just doesn't work for me with anything I do. I encourage anyone that has any to test yourself.

I like the box itself but its not useful for me under these circumstances.

Comment

If can someone verify if 4/32 and 4/64GB they both have WiFi: 2.4G / 5G WiFi and especially 5G because the router is far away from my room

Comment

Aloha. Not quite sure if this is the right place / shoulder to cry on but this is the device and I am / was / hopefully am a proud owner. It was working properly for about two months and than it stopped. I am not a "power user" so I was not doing anything like gaming or anything that would cause -I don't know - overheating. It was connected via HDMI so I was able to control it with my TV-s remote meaning that it would shut down when I shut down my TV and vice versa. The situation at the moment is that I have tried everything that I could find on Internet or imagined that would work one way or the other and this is my last resort.
                      1. First I tried to contact the seller on AliExpress to help me solving the problem but after few replies he stopped communication so I gave up that making a mental note that I will not buy anything worth more than 5 USD from AliExpress in the future.
                      2. Downloaded and tried to flash the firmware with USB cable and with 32GB sd card without any success. With SD card it doesn't do anything and with cable it stops after 7% with error " [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error". Firmware and tools I downloaded from many other places, wherever I found A95X F2 on internet I downloaded but with the same result. There's a lot more things i have tried and I would say anything but messing with pins on the chip.
                      3. Tried to contact manufacturer : without success. This makes me think that these boxes are not really supported by their manufacturers.
                      Anyway the box is dead except when it is connected with PC via USB and than it have written "boot" on it's screen. Is there anything else that I can do? And how?
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Just to add some pictures of the device
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mao Runzhi View Post
                          ... tried to flash the firmware with USB cable ...
                          Try customized stock image: Android_9_A95X_F2_19.07.31_Vasily_5.img

source: 4PDA.ru

Comment

Tried twice, same same.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hi to all,
                              do you know if this device support usb multitouch screen?
                              ​​​​​​​thank you

Comment

Good afternoon. So I’m thinking of purchasing this device on SwitchOnShop. Do you think it's worth it? Or can you offer another seller?

Comment

Working...
                                X