A95X F2 Amlogic S905x2 Android 9.0 TV Box Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldurg View Post
    Good afternoon. So I’m thinking of purchasing this device on SwitchOnShop. Do you think it's worth it? Or can you offer another seller?
    If you like this device, Amazon sells this device with Vankyo branding, the tv box is exactly the same hardware, but with slight modifications to the firmware to be unique for Vankyo.

Comment

Originally posted by baldurg View Post
      Good afternoon. So I’m thinking of purchasing this device on SwitchOnShop. Do you think it's worth it? Or can you offer another seller?
      My experience with this devices is not so good, at the end I'm stuck with box that can't be repaired. What I have been told is that the problem with this boxes is poor grounding. What happens is that static electricity from HDMI cable somehow find its way to and destroy ram memory. Might be that it's just my luck, where I would advise you to make sure you have warranty of some kind just in case, and be careful when plugging in or out HDMI cable (switch off device) .

Comment

Originally posted by Mao Runzhi View Post
        Aloha. Not quite sure if this is the right place / shoulder to cry on but this is the device and I am / was / hopefully am a proud owner. It was working properly for about two months and than it stopped. I am not a "power user" so I was not doing anything like gaming or anything that would cause -I don't know - overheating. It was connected via HDMI so I was able to control it with my TV-s remote meaning that it would shut down when I shut down my TV and vice versa. The situation at the moment is that I have tried everything that I could find on Internet or imagined that would work one way or the other and this is my last resort.
        1. First I tried to contact the seller on AliExpress to help me solving the problem but after few replies he stopped communication so I gave up that making a mental note that I will not buy anything worth more than 5 USD from AliExpress in the future.
        2. Downloaded and tried to flash the firmware with USB cable and with 32GB sd card without any success. With SD card it doesn't do anything and with cable it stops after 7% with error " [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error". Firmware and tools I downloaded from many other places, wherever I found A95X F2 on internet I downloaded but with the same result. There's a lot more things i have tried and I would say anything but messing with pins on the chip.
        3. Tried to contact manufacturer : without success. This makes me think that these boxes are not really supported by their manufacturers.
        Anyway the box is dead except when it is connected with PC via USB and than it have written "boot" on it's screen. Is there anything else that I can do? And how?
        Thanks in advance.
        Hello Mao Runzhi, the same thing happened to me, the device turned on the boot, marked the time but without a video signal on the TV, not even through the av outlet. I even changed the firmware that the seller sent me and nothing, I put Vasily's and neither, so I took it apart and cleaned all the connections with a swab with alcohol and disconnected the display, let it dry well and mount it again, and I could not find the screws on the plate so I fastened it with a band-aid, and plugged it in again but this time I just plugged in the device and waited for the display to tell me the time, I put the network cable and the time was modified, so the firm was fine and at the end the hdmi cable and great, working perfectly, apart from kodi, I already installed telegram, stb, blothod headphones, and perfect, that if with the image that our Vasily's companion mAtvXkj. Well I hope it helps you. Greetings to all and thanks

Comment

hi friends.hdmi is not working.I changed the cable, it didn't work again.
          hunting is running.hdmi how to get rid.AV is running

Comment

Originally posted by kipir View Post
            hi friends.hdmi is not working.I changed the cable, it didn't work again.
            hunting is running.hdmi how to get rid.AV is running
            Try unplug device, use toothpick to hold reset button in, then Plug power back in so that the device enters Recovery Mode, then reboot system with only HDMI plugged-in and preferably in the HDMI-1 port of your TV.

Comment

Guys need help, is there any way to use Netflix tv app and prime video tv app. Currently mobile versions of Netflix is not working. I know drm is missing. And any way to get android tv version firmware for this device?
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello fellow tv-boxers! There was thunderstorm at my place, lightning struck near building and did fry my router and HDMI output on my a95x. The incompatibility of A/V cables/connectors is hard to describe, really idiotic. I have managed to connect some A/V cable and get video from it, but no sound. Then I had idea, got optical audio cable, hooked it up, but no audio from there. Is there something to be configured so audio is enabled?? from optical output?
                What would you do in my case? Try to re-solder HDMI pins? What died most probably? Connector or some part of circuit that connects HDMI connector to chipset?
                Real buumer, fully funcioning computer... but no output...

Comment

Anybody have a rom that fixes the mt7668 WiFi issue from dropping the speed down to 10MBps?

Update: The atvxperience rom was giving me the same wifi issue. I downloaded and used the Automate app to force the WiFi to toggle off and on every hour. WiFi has been working with no issues now.
                  Last edited by Rccm1112; 07-26-2022, 19:55.

Comment

I found that changing my DNS server from Xfinity/Comcast to google’s DNS servers fixed my MT7668 WiFi issue.

*Update* Problem still persists
                    Last edited by Rccm1112; 08-23-2023, 11:39.

Comment

This is a very useful and informative article. I learned a lot about how to install TWRP Recovery for Amlogic S905X2 devices. I think TWRP Recovery is a very handy tool for customizing and optimizing Android TV devices. It allows you to flash custom ROMs, backup and restore data, and perform other advanced tasks. I appreciate that the article provides clear and detailed instructions for the installation process. I also appreciate the links to download the necessary files and tools. I will definitely try this method and see how it works.
                      retro bowl

Comment

Working...
                      X