Beelink GT1-mini② Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink GT1-mini② Review

Thanks to Beelink, I have the privilege of testing their box with the new Amlogic S905X3 SoC, the Beelink GT1-mini2.

Information collected form Geekbuying https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Beel...4G-417923.html

Amlogic S905X3

Amlogic S905X3 applies quad-core Cortex-A55 processors, which is described as an "advanced application processor designed for hybrid OTT/ IP Set-Top Box (STB) and high-end media box applications. The Cortex-A55 cores deliver up to twice the performance compared to Cortex-A53 in memory benchmarks, and a more typical 20 to 30% performance improvement for common tasks at the same frequency.

Android 9.0 OS

It is based on the latest Android 9.0 OS, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.

Voice Remote Control

Just speak into the remote control and GT1 MINI-2 TV Box will search for what you want.

2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi

With support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, it can transmit higher amounts of data.

Gigabit LAN

First observations upon opening the box, is the size, it is very tiny.

My major concern would be heat dissipation, because there are only a few vent holes on the bottom. Since the box is unrooted, I installed the Cpu Temp app with the temp overlay, so I could monitor the temps. You can see the temp at the top of the screen.

Another pleasing observation, the Widevine CDM Security Level is L1 and the Max HDCP Level Supported it 2.2. This does seem strange since this box is rooted has an unlocked boot loader. Tested using the DRM Info app.

Network speed is very good with Ethernet, but WiFi speeds are low. Tested using the ?Fast? speed tester. My WiFi router is approximately 10 meters and direct line of sigh, of my Asus router. The Ethernet connection maxed out my internet bandwidth.

This device ?says? it has hardware decoding capabilities for almost every codec in existence. It does play all my video codecs, EXCEPT my VC-1 codec, and it does not work. I believe, that is an issue with Amlogic, since NONE of the Amlogic SoC?s will play that codec without issues. Asso, it only supports DD and DTS, not any of the HD audio codecs. What is curious, under Android those codecs are limited, but under LibreELEC/CoreELEC, all those codecs play perfectly.

Now for the system information using the Aida64 app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aida 64 system.png
Views:	887
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	781782
    ​ ​​​​​Now for the Antutu bench marks​​.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Antutu Bench Mark.png
Views:	270
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	781783Click image for larger version

Name:	Rootchecker 2.png
Views:	277
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	781786Click image for larger version

Name:	recovery menu.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	781793Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminal Emulator.png
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	781790
    Attached Files
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

That Antutu score seems low, preliminary test with X3 chip showed it getting around 60-65k in the Antutu benchmark. Hopefully you get a firmware update soon, the low score is probably software related.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      That Antutu score seems low, preliminary test with X3 chip showed it getting around 60-65k in the Antutu benchmark. Hopefully you get a firmware update soon, the low score is probably software related.
      Yes, I ran the test twice because I thought the test were too low. The rep from Beelink, said they are still working on the firmware.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I think you will find only 2 cores of the CPU are running by the look of those scores

This is whats it is like when your on the EDGE with cutting technology
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          I think you will find only 2 cores of the CPU are running by the look of those scores

This is whats it is like when your on the EDGE with cutting technology
          Good point, Trebor.

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            Look at CPU-Z or Antutu I think you will see only 2 cores are activated/running out of the 4

Its all in the Firmware

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Good point, Trebor.
          Do you try diferent version ,my mini go up to 61k(amlogic s905x2)

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
            Do you try diferent version ,my mini go up to 61k(amlogic s905x2)
            this is a brand new device with different CPU chip the S905x3
            only firmware available is the one it shipped out with.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

this is a brand new device with different CPU chip the S905x3
              only firmware available is the one it shipped out with.
              Ok i know that -new with amlogic s905x3 ,becouse that i write result antutu on amlogic s905x2 i see antutu 69k on new amlogic s905x3 but that is not important(antutu,score) if is all fluid and fast why care about antutu.About version i ask about old antutu and score _antutu 6....

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                ...i see antutu 69k on new amlogic s905x3 but that is not important(antutu,score) if is all fluid and fast why care about antutu.About version i ask about old antutu and score _antutu 6....
                Ok, I understand you better now. Makes sense that the version of Antutu being v7.2.3, which may not have been testing the GPU properly and giving a lower score. That is the main difference of the Antutu6 and Antutu7 is the way the Benchmark calculates the GPU, Graphics, and 3D Gaming Performance, is why the score with Antutu6 will always be lower sometimes by 10k+ points. This happens on other tvbox's generate a bad GPU score because the System is not properly displaying that it has OpenGL ES 3.1 or above, when communicating to the Antutu App and then scores will be lower like this device displayed.

Comment

Finally got around to making a YouTube video of this NEW Beelink GT-1 mini 2 box, with the new Amlogic S905X3.

Thanks to Beelink, I got to test their newest Android box using the latest Amlogic SoC, the S905X3. According to the Beelink rep, they are still working on ...

Comment

Yep only running two core

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Have you tried Kernal Tweak app...perhaps it will force activity thru settings?
                      You state both root and unroot, which is correct? ...and reports an unlocked Bootloader?
                      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                        Have you tried Kernal Tweak app...perhaps it will force activity thru settings?
                        You state both root and unroot, which is correct? ...and reports an unlocked Bootloader?
                        It is rooted and has an Unlocked bootloader.

Comment

Trebor is correct, it never uses the last 2 cores. I emailed Beelink about that problem.

Comment

very nice review, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X