Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android x86 - Build for AMD Radeon 5800K (maybe others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android x86 - Build for AMD Radeon 5800K (maybe others)

Hi everybody,

I believe many of you know the android-x86 project (porting Android SO to netbooks / x86 hardware in general). It's a very cool project in my opinion

The current release support some gpus (intel, some radeon nvidia), but my hardware (A10 5800K, Radeon 7660D IGP) was not supported (I could boot with modesetting disabled, which means I couldn't use hardware acceleration).

With help of lots of pages/forums infos (including android-x86.org itself), I could compile a version that worked (not 100%, but worked) on my PC.

If you want to test Android-x86, have a Radeon and had some problem booting the official release from
    www.android-x86.org, you could try this iso (at your own risk, of course - can damage your computer):

Create a bootable flash drive with this image (you can use http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/, or any other of your preference).

Originally posted by pstglia View Post
    Hi everybody,

I believe many of you know the android-x86 project (porting Android SO to netbooks / x86 hardware in general). It's a very cool project in my opinion

The current release support some gpus (intel, some radeon nvidia), but my hardware (A10 5800K, Radeon 7660D IGP) was not supported (I could boot with modesetting disabled, which means I couldn't use hardware acceleration).

With help of lots of pages/forums infos (including android-x86.org itself), I could compile a version that worked (not 100%, but worked) on my PC.

If you want to test Android-x86, have a Radeon and had some problem booting the official release from
    www.android-x86.org, you could try this iso (at your own risk, of course - can damage your computer):

Create a bootable flash drive with this image (you can use http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/, or any other of your preference).
    Great work! I have a zotac radeon hd4200 mini-itx board that I have been testing with android x86 for a few weeks now and I love the project. Some issues I have came across is HDMI audio does not work but alsa_aplay finds the hardware, card 1 device 3. I tried an asound.conf in /system/etc and also i disabled the AC97 audio controller in the bios so the HDMI is the only audio device but I still have no audio. Maybe there is a KMS grub setting I am missing...

Another issue is MX Player. MX Player with the 4.4 RC1 build will say device not supported for my zotac/radeon board but the same build on my eeepc netbook mx player works fine just no hardware acceleration, I tried editing my build prop to no avail.

I will try out you iso and see if I have the same issues. Mucho thanks for this! Hopefully we can start a sub-forum here for x86 devices and developing.
    Last edited by Gfunk; 04-29-2014, 01:53.

Comment

pstglia can you get mx player or xbmc working on your hardware? I tried your x86 build and I still have issues with mx player saying unsupported device and xbmc 13 gotham just crashes after first run.

Still no hdmi audio

On a plus note looks like full video hardware acceleration works, benchmark 23000+

I really hope i can get mx player and xbmc working otherwise this box is useless as a media box

Comment

Originally posted by Gfunk View Post
        pstglia can you get mx player or xbmc working on your hardware? I tried your x86 build and I still have issues with mx player saying unsupported device and xbmc 13 gotham just crashes after first run.

Still no hdmi audio

On a plus note looks like full video hardware acceleration works, benchmark 23000+

I really hope i can get mx player and xbmc working otherwise this box is useless as a media box
        I tested mx player and it worked for me.

Yesterday Android-x86 4.4 RC2 was released. Maybe you have more luck with it

Also, get some info from logcat and dmesg. Maybe it will give hints on what is happening.

Cheers,
        pstglia

PS: Android-x86 has a forum. You can post your problem there. Maybe someone else can help

Comment

Working...
        X