Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re Sellers RANTS AND BITCHES!

Hi ALL

Just a personal rant in Canada there is a growing number of companys that offer the free tv box. to get free tv they load not the maunfactures roms but the devlopers roms on the devices and re sell them for 2-3 times the value. This market only exsists because the normal person can not set up one of these boxes off the shelf as easy with roms that dont work 100 percent. On top of that the original developer doesnt get any roalty or fee (most of the time a rant or bitch because his software has an issue. )

If a developer offers a fee to use his software he is depicted as being un fair and not what this entire open sorce is about.
    we have adds in papers on line offering beyond xbmc as part of the finished box BOB, WASSER,HWG,LEOLASS, roms in the ads to sell these boxes yet i dont think any one of these companies vet one single line of help or donation to others,

I for one see no problem with a fee to use others work. Or least a email or text asking if it is ok.

Manufacturing and suppliers are just as fricking bad taking fixes and not offering to even say thanks or give credit. Finally a few and i do mean a select god dam few have stepped forward and started to work with the developers that without would have killed most of these products.

I will NOT ever again buy a box or product that is not working hand in hand with the Developers from Freaktab and this community. Its simply not worth the bullshit that comes without thier involvement. BOB and the rest of the freaktab team have every right to charge and get something in return for thier support at the very least our respect. Very proud anyone associated with them should be.

RANT OVER.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

It all depends. I think it's ridiculous what 'services' some people sell, but then again, if people are willing to pay for it - what can we say at the end of the day?

I remember last year when I saw this particular site in the screenshot offering its 'services' I was on the floor laughing. I don't even know if they were affiliated with Finless or not, either way, it's a trip.

Comment

Thanks for the Information. Please give me the Names of Company that doing this.
      We will write him a Letter.

Ray aka Neomode

Comment

alot of these places are fly by night neo but youll see what i mean heres one. I know most on this site have beyond xbmc loaded and bobs,and others roms installed.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          alot of these places are fly by night neo but youll see what i mean heres one. I know most on this site have beyond xbmc loaded and bobs,and others roms installed.
          http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/c...ationFlag=true

I don't see how this guy is making a ton of money, he's selling this thing for 60 bucks canadian, and the cheapest it costs is around 50 bucks canadian shipped, that's the cheapest, they go for up to 80 bucks shipped, cost wise. So, he's making 5-10 bucks after all the hard work of installing rom and apps etc., and he's still giving credit to finelss the creator of the rom.

I paid a 100 bucks 6 months ago for my first mk808, localy, with nothing done to it, fresh from factory, no xbmc or extra apps, etc., so I thing this is a pretty good deal, they guy might even be taking a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
            I don't see how this guy is making a ton of money, he's selling this thing for 60 bucks canadian, and the cheapest it costs is around 50 bucks canadian shipped, that's the cheapest, they go for up to 80 bucks shipped, cost wise. So, he's making 5-10 bucks after all the hard work of installing rom and apps etc., and he's still giving credit to finelss the creator of the rom.

I paid a 100 bucks 6 months ago for my first mk808, localy, with nothing done to it, fresh from factory, no xbmc or extra apps, etc., so I thing this is a pretty good deal, they guy might even be taking a loss.

Yes that is one of 200 ads for toronto area alone thats not canada wide and if you look boxes selling some of them for 250 set up with developers roms and other ad ons done by others. Still doesnt make it right does it? Sorry for the sarcasim but you just dont get it.

Comment

I know what you mean, there are ads all over the kijiji for these sticks, but to tell the truth, these guys are not making a killing on these things. My friend just bought a X8-H genuine minix box from a seller on kijiji in Toronto for 170 bucks unprogrammed. I think they charge about 20-30 bucks more if you want xbmc on it with your choice of addons etc., Which is reasonable if you don't know how to do it yourself.

I helped him out with setting up his X8, so it was cheaper.

There are a few who are obviously asking for much over the cost of these android boxes, but if you shop around you can find many others selling for cheaper.

It's quiet easy to set up xbmc, takes about 20 minutes total with xbmchub addon, however, some people are not too computer friendly, so if they need someone else to do it for them, they have to pay a little fee, which I think is reasonable.

Comment

Working...
              X