This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your gaming history?

Do you still remember the first game you play? The first game console you played on?
    I bring up this thread because i can not remember my first game now. But, i still have a clear clue of the game consoles i've played.
    My game history:GB->N64->PS3-> JXD s7800b
    Now i am thinking buying a Wiiu.
    What's yours? Mind sharing with us?
    This is the game i am now playing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqar1iPalk
    Do not laugh at me, i am into it.

I remember having one of the very early consoles in the 70's that played Pong.

Then moved onto playing Space Invaders, Galaxians etc in the pub based consoles that were around 10 pence a play.

My first real computer of any kind was the Commodore 64 and the very first game I bought for that was the Llamasoft game, Attack of the Mutant Camels, written by Jeff Minter.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Parsec, playing on my TI-99 4/A
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Parsec, playing on my TI-99 4/A
        Parsec? It's a game? Never heard about it.
        This is the game i am now playing:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqar1iPalk
        Do not laugh at me, i am into it.

Comment

Originally posted by fungaming View Post
          Parsec? It's a game? Never heard about it.
          Awesome game, way back when.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

PC gamer here with love for Action like Quake 4, Timeshift, Protoype ... Strategy: Command and Conquer and Age of Empires 3, or Adventure: Fahrenheit

Comment

Age of Empires: The Asian Dynasties, Quake 4, Call of Duty modern warfare and world at war, Duke Nukem and Serious Sam.

Comment

c64 : lemmings
                nes : lots of games (device still running ) mario, mario3, gremlins , mega man , starwars , duckhunt

PC IBM aptiva with voodoo 1 and later added voodoo 2 card : lemmings paintball ,Lomax , quake2 , unreal , redneck rampage , carmegedon project igi ,jazz rabit 2 , starsiege , gore , halve life ,turok , plane crasy , ots of games ( still have PC...running fine )

gameboy : (device still running ) mariolnd , tetris , balloon

pc amd opty 165 / nvidia : lots games ( my first h2o cooled oc PC.. gave it my old men...still running ) serious Sam , forsaken , tone , neighbors from hell , NFS 1\2\3 , odd world Abe ,quake3 , alien vs predator , shogo ,midtown madness 2 ,half live ,descent3 , red fraction, chosen blood 2 , metal of honor
                unreal3
                ​​​​​​
                intel d525 with 8gb ddr3 and nvidia card ( still running libreelec / android x86 / ubuntu )

PC AMD fx 8350 h2o with sli nvidia ( still doing fine.. but these days only booted for gaming )

these days.. you can do so much with android TV boxes ( iptv / netflix / vod / dvd watching / office / email / emu / games ) that I rarly boot windowz

how things changed:
                floppy / tape / CD / DVD / blueray
                win95/98/me/os2warp/linux redhat , suse , openlinux /beos 4 and 5 pro /winnt4/win2000/android/ vista/win7/win10
                33k/56k modem / DSL / gb fiber
                game sizes..1mb back in the day and now 78gb for 1 game
                first game played online : Starsiege universe

cheers
                Last edited by mitchell4you; 02-27-2019, 16:29.

Comment

Super Mario is the first video I ever played.

Comment

My gaming history is far more simple and trivial in a way. CS GO - League of Legends - WoW. Currently switched to World of Warcraft as there is 1 mission which became my obsessive idea. I am talking about Nyalotha. Not untill I have accomplished it will I try some other game
                    UPD: bought a corresponding booster https://overgear.com/games/wow/raids/nyalotha/mythic and passed the mission *happy*
                    Last edited by Frandy; 04-27-2020, 13:51.

Comment

Man this is going WAY back

I had a friend up the street that had some pong game on a litle 13" B&W tv i think it was some kind of sears pong unit. I remember the paddles were stuck on deck there wasnt a wire so you could step back from it. I remember it was on a shelf held with chains holding the tv and the deck at eye level you stood infront of it like an arcade game.

Years later i remember playing a game at a Straw Hat pizza place that had a light shotgun and you would shoot at a moving like clay target. This was in the mid to late 70s

I remember a few cheap haldhelds before my first game deck, electronic football, Merlin, there was a car game i cant remember it had a stickshift and a scrolling motorized screen, and a few space invader type games that got traded around.

I got my first Atari in the 80s i remember my mom worked for Wolco and i went with her one day for a few hours and they had one setup as a demo and i played it for hours waiting on her.

If i remember right the game that came with the first Atari i got was a tank game cant remember fully.

Second game deck was Nintendo it was a few years later. I was never a big gamer as a kid i enjoyed bikes, skateboard and sports outside so the video games were just to pass time when we couldnt go outside.

I got injured in a car wreck when i was 20 that put me into a wheelchair, it as kinda slowed me down in the last 15 or so years and i kinda got back into games a little. Im a sucker for racing games its like digital crack for me. There was one hat hooked me pretty good for a year called MCO Motor CIty Online that game was the best ive played so far.

Played Unreal tournament in the 2000s a little bit not big on first person shooters but that one wasnt bad.

Been laying asphalt 8 since october of 2019 but its getting wore out, ive played it to much and kinda burnt myself out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Invader from space.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	803478Click image for larger version

Name:	Racing game.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	803479

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                        Man this is going WAY back

I had a friend up the street that had some pong game on a litle 13" B&W tv i think it was some kind of sears pong unit. I remember the paddles were stuck on deck there wasnt a wire so you could step back from it. I remember it was on a shelf held with chains holding the tv and the deck at eye level you stood infront of it like an arcade game.

Years later i remember playing a game at a Straw Hat pizza place that had a light shotgun and you would shoot at a moving like clay target. This was in the mid to late 70s

I remember a few cheap haldhelds before my first game deck, electronic football, Merlin, there was a car game i cant remember it had a stickshift and a scrolling motorized screen, and a few space invader type games that got traded around.

I got my first Atari in the 80s i remember my mom worked for Wolco and i went with her one day for a few hours and they had one setup as a demo and i played it for hours waiting on her.

If i remember right the game that came with the first Atari i got was a tank game cant remember fully.

Second game deck was Nintendo it was a few years later. I was never a big gamer as a kid i enjoyed bikes, skateboard and sports outside so the video games were just to pass time when we couldnt go outside.

I got injured in a car wreck when i was 20 that put me into a wheelchair, it as kinda slowed me down in the last 15 or so years and i kinda got back into games a little. Im a sucker for racing games its like digital crack for me. There was one hat hooked me pretty good for a year called MCO Motor CIty Online that game was the best ive played so far.

Played Unreal tournament in the 2000s a little bit not big on first person shooters but that one wasnt bad.

Been laying asphalt 8 since october of 2019 but its getting wore out, ive played it to much and kinda burnt myself out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Invader from space.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	803478Click image for larger version

Name:	Racing game.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	803479
                        Hi ,

with your History you still like Cars , Games with Cars ,

Thumbs up , stay strong ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

hi
                          sometimes i can play wcc2

Comment

Crysis 2 and CoD MW2. That is all at the moment. But want to try Valorant someday.

Comment

Pong in the late '70s on some odd console my Father brought home one day started it for me. Then in -84 I got a C64 and seem to remember that Zeppelin was the first game I ever played on it. Then it progressed to such games like Elite which I must have played for hundreds of hours.

1993 was THE year of gaming for me when I first got my hands on Civilization and Doom. Nothing will ever, ever come close to that.
                              NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                              NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                              X