The 1st Gen Xbox Media Player, XBMP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st Gen Xbox Media Player, XBMP.

If I recall correctly when the 1st gen Xbox got it's guts opened circa 2002 by Xecuter hard chips and the networking abilities started to be exposed by the software creators there was no XBMC the original player as an abbreviation was XBMP.

Edit
    Before posting I was looking for images relating to Xbmp/Xbmc, since that I found my confirmation to my fading memories conundrum.
    www.bit.ly/XBMP_2002

With the popularity of x264 increasing steadily I was glad to discover this out in the wild Xbmc 8.10 Atlantis update that added a little compatibility at least with sd resolution x264 video files, before this I had to re-encode and anything over SD res the Xbox didn't have the grunt to handle.
    Last edited by ModURbox; 03-17-2015, 15:15. Reason: additions

Originally posted by ModURbox View Post
    If I recall correctly when the 1st gen Xbox got it's guts opened circa 2002 by Xecuter hard chips and the networking abilities started to be exposed by the software creators there was no XBMC the original player as an abbreviation was XBMP.

Edit
    Before posting I was looking for images relating to Xbmp/Xbmc, since that I found my confirmation to my fading memories conundrum.
    www.bit.ly/XBMP_2002
    I still have mine in the cupboard, with project mayhem III as the skin. With a 250gb hdd, led light shining through the top and a custom front on with lcd display. Can't bring myself to get rid of it.
    M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
    JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

Originally posted by elgrego View Post
      I still have mine in the cupboard, with project mayhem III as the skin. With a 250gb hdd, led light shining through the top and a custom front on with lcd display. Can't bring myself to get rid of it.
      Same here. I have one in the cupboard but I still have one setup and every now and again my daughter will play Disneys Extreme Skate adventure which was basically tony hawks for kids lol.

This one is hardmodded with xecutor chip and running unleashX dashboard but the one in the cupboard was soft modded with bert and ernie

Ahhh, the good old days.
      To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Brings back a lot of memories, had a lot of fun with that box, modded several for friends and family 😃

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

whom ever said the beast was dead

XBMC

and
          CoinOps
          The Ultimate Xbox Emulator Frontends For All The Family-Gamer-Next Gen-Cabinets, Hardware & Utilities-Arcade / Console Videos & Multimedia-PREMIUM BUILDS The Ultimate XBOX Showcase

still ticking along nicely

Comment

Working...
          X