Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting and Guns...it's not just a hobby, it's a way of life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting and Guns...it's not just a hobby, it's a way of life?

Any other shooters here?

Applied Ballistic Systems Indoor Range fun today.

Went to the range today.

Don't think I did to badly. Hi-Point .45 ACP and ISSC M22 .22LR @ 25 Yards

Comment

Doc, you wasnt aiming for that x was you, hope not
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Hey was going for the HEART and a head shot!

Pretty good grouping Doc.

Daman, in the UK you guys cant own guns right? Or at least hand guns?

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

at 25 yards you can't see that X Lol :P. Nope just center mass chest. Went with a friend of mine who is new to shooting. He purchased a S&W .40 Semi Auto, lets just say you would not want to have been his target...all centered but below the belt. His front sight needs to be adjusted for him, current site sits to tall and cause him to aim down a bit. Lol

Comment

As soon as I get off my lazy butt, Will got me a Sig .45. He is in North Carolina and I just have to go through the pain of getting it transfered to California. Major pain to do that trust me.

Anyone know any tricks or a FF shops here in So. Cali that will do it cheap I would appreciate that!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Hey was going for the HEART and a head shot!

Pretty good grouping Doc.

Daman, in the UK you guys cant own guns right? Or at least hand guns?

Bob
              No if somebody breaks in our houses Bob, we use anything we can find to hit them with, usually a slipper or the wifes vibrator
              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
              </form>

Comment

OK but you guys are allowed to have hunting rifles yes? I mean how do those elitists go "fox hunting"?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  OK but you guys are allowed to have hunting rifles yes? I mean how do those elitists go "fox hunting"?

Bob
                  Nope hunting got banned, it was just a load of posh snobs anyway saying it was to keep foxes under control and they did not use guns they used bloodhounds. You can have guns if you have the proper licences for them etc.

But I could go into a shop and buy a pellet gun or rifle, but nothing big with bullets

</form>

Comment

There are some new BAD ASS Pellet rifles available these days. Dan and Clay are into them Bob. Fully Auto and they say pretty pricey but worth it. I will just stick to the old school stuff.

Comment

Anyone else have a carry permit? Where I'm from in Minnesota we can carry with a permit, which I have. Just waiting on legislation to catch up so I can carry into any state with carry laws, right now it's hit and miss who accepts whose... I don't usually carry but it is nice to know I can if I'm going to be out late at night or in a sketchy part of the Twin Cities. Also makes taking a gun to the range much less complicated, locked cases and all that . . .

Comment

Have you ever wondered why you have a high amount of gun crime over there?

I don't mean to offend anyone and I know its your right to own them but do you not think its a little mad that you have to carry a gun at night to feel safe?

Before you think I am one of those that doesn't like guns, I was brought up in the Royal Air Force and was taught to shoot by the regiment at 15, I own a. 22 air pistol and rifle and my old man was a weapons engineer and bomb disposal. I love the feeling of shooting but when I go out at night a carry a coat not a 9mm pistol.

Just wondering thats all.

Blinky.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Minnesota crime has dropped considerably since they relaxed the carry laws and made it easier to carry. An armed citizenry reduces crime, allowing law abiding citizens to have a means of defence. Criminals are going to have guns no matter what the laws are. I feel safe without a gun, I feel safer with one. Odds are I'll never use it, but it's nice to have just in case. There is no way Americas will ever allow their government to disarm them, just won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WillJames View Post
                            There are some new BAD ASS Pellet rifles available these days. Dan and Clay are into them Bob. Fully Auto and they say pretty pricey but worth it. I will just stick to the old school stuff.
                            yerr some nice auto stuff in the US ,,but in the UK we can only have 12fpds for a rifle or 6fpds in a pistol .if we go above that we are looking at a firearms offence an possible jail time unless we have an FAC. no auto or even semi auto in air guns either it sucs can have semi with live rounds tho

shoot safe
                            Niel

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                              No if somebody breaks in our houses Bob, we use anything we can find to hit them with, usually a slipper or the wifes vibrator
                              the law says reasonable force can be used to detain a intruder in the uk

reasonable force is the 10 ounces it takes to pull the trigger on my ruger 1022 aslong as i shoot the intruder in the front an give a warning before i do,, an dont shoot him running away from me in the back dont think there would be a problem
                              god i wish we still had handguns i miss my 9mm Browning HP

stay safe
                              Niel

Comment

Working...
                              X