RC Helis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Helis?

So, I'm assuming that this sie is at least somewhat related to helifreak.com? Just a general rambiling here...

I'm just starting to get into RC helicopters (just the "toy" level really at this point). I have a bunch of little indoor 3 channel micro helicopters - some with gyro chips, some without. I must say, the little Gyropter unit that I have is really easy to fly and really fun....

I also had the wife buy me a large outdoor heli for x-mas, which I STILL havent flown (waiting for a nice, perfectly calm day).... It' has a little phot/video unit attached to it so that I can take pictures and/or record video remotely (onto an SD card). It's called an "EAGLE EYE', made by iWave. It was bought at TJ Maxx, and I have not been able to find ANY info onit on the internet ANYWHERE - almost like it never existed! If anyone knows anyting about it - let me know!

Not to burst your bubble but that is kind of what is considered a toy heli. There are many clones of that running around too. It's a little coax. Sure it will probably fly and "might" be good to learn "some" of the basic on but I do not know. It my fly like junk like many of the toy helis out there or may just be unreliable.

The best thing to get when start is a RC Simulator. There are many good one
    Realflight
    Phoenix
    etc....

These will save you lots of money later instead of learning ther hard way through crashing and buying parts!

Yes, Will owns Helifreak and I am a big supporter of Helifreak site by doing training videos, how to build and setup videos, etc.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Believe me - I understand that all of the helis I have are "toy" helis (I even mentioned that in my email)! Especially considering what I paid for them! The little ones are $20/$30 each and the big one with the camera was only $99. All are only 3 channel "toy"grade helis....But at my skill level, they are just right! :-)

Where did you even find any info anbout the Eagle Eye? I searched high and low and found nothing (I did find an Eagle Eye, but it was nothing like the one I have)...

Comment

Heli's are great and the helifreak website is great for information and advice. Bob is the man for getting your heli's in the air and working well, his videos are the first port of call for everyone starting out.

A word of advice though, if you are interested in starting in the heli world then dont do what I did and buy cheap ones thinking you'll learn fast before getting the real thing. This just wastes money, have a serious look at a simulator. Once you have a good grasp of how to control a heli get the real deal and you'll never look back.

Blinky

Sent from my AN8G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with your thought.Thank you for your sharing.
          Supra Society Shoes, Supra TK Society, Supra TK Society Shoes

Comment

Android controlled heli...

Hello all co-members,

I have found an interesting thing on the internet. As there are so many android developers & heli lovers present in this forum, I'd like to share it here. This project can be useful to you guys. To control a heli using Android & wireless communication...

Check it out. I hope you all will love it.

Comment

Not something I'd like to use on my copterx 450 but I would say it would be good for a car or boat maybe.

Good find though mate.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

bought one of those clone china toy helicopters, it didn't fly, hahaha.
                Android TV box and Mini PC comparisons

Comment

Working...
                X