home page changed to traffic.outbrain.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home page changed to traffic.outbrain.com

I've no idea but the unknown website pops up on the screen again and again when I launch Safari browser. My laptop performs much slowly as well. I do not find anything suspicious in browser add-ons and Programs and Features in Control Panel. Google (Reference-1) tells it could steal my private data. I dare not surf the net with Safari which is used to be my favorite. What should I do now? Thanks for any input.
    http://www.removevirusfix.com/how-to-removeget-rid-of-traffic-outbrain-com-virus-and-fix-redirects.html

You better be carful. Such 'helpful sites' could be dangerous.
    Try full scan of your prefered antivirus programm, maybe an anti Malware tool could help, too.
    Good luck.

JD

Comment

AVG offers a free bootable rescue CD. Can also run from flash drive. This tool will perform virus scans without loading Windows. This will allow for scans unencumbered by running processes or malicious code interference. Of course I don't think it help with a corrupted BIOS. But it should be good at catching things like you are experiencing, BHOs or other browser hijack attempts.
      Happy hunting.

Comment

I suggest you perform a scan of the system by using the free version of Malwarebytes. It can detect and remove esurf.biz for you.
        Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X