Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi! is that true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Piracy Box Sellers and Youtube Promoters Are Killing Kodi! is that true?

Guys, just read a post saying Kodi will take action to battle against piracy sellers, http://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-seller...-killing-kodi/
    freaktab filled with all sorts of TV box contents, recently I ordered the MX4 TV box which claims to be fully loaded.
    http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px33fwc-p-154403.html

I
    like the fully-loaded feature which give us access to some free media content, there are some problems, though. will the so called illegal addons vanish for kodi's action?

Even if addons go there will always be somethibg to watch. I have netflicks and about 4 other paid prograns all work fine on boxes. Freaktab stays netrual and not really a topic for this site. I for one am glad Kodi is protecting thier name and honor.

Regards
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

As scooter2014 sayed we at Freaktab are Neutral about the Kodi thing.
      I donĀ“t think it Kills Kodi.
      What Kodi.Tv want to say is that this Sellers maybe make Money with this thing.
      They are against this Selling the Boxes as FullLoaded thing cause this can give Kodi a Bad Touch as Pirate Programm.

Regards
      Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by delajr View Post
        Guys, just read a post saying Kodi will take action to battle against piracy sellers, http://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-seller...-killing-kodi/
        freaktab filled with all sorts of TV box contents, recently I ordered the MX4 TV box which claims to be fully loaded.
        http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px33fwc-p-154403.html"]http://www.tinydeal.com/tronfy-px33fwc-p-154403.html

I[/URL] like the fully-loaded feature which give us access to some free media content, there are some problems, though. will the so called illegal addons vanish for kodi's action?
        People are not reading the actual post from kodi properly. Kodi do not want to stop the third party TV/film addons. They are neutral.
        What they want to stop is people saying I used kodi to watch free TV.
        They want people to say I used an add-on to watch TV.
        Two main reasons why.
        First, it gives anyone who works on kodi a bad name, as companies will think they worked on a dodgy project, or no one will sponsor or work with them. They could maybe get sued, and would be hasslen if they are innocent.
        Second, they get fed up of people coming on their forum and saying this don't work, that don't work, fix this etc, when in reality kodi works fine. What doesn't work is an add-on because streams are down or website that it scrapes has changed its code.

They are going after youtubers and box sellers because they are the one pushing the link between kodi and piracy. By going after, they just want them to change their name, not use the name kodi, and stop saying fully loaded kodi box.

In summary, unless people start seeing the difference between kodi and third party addons, then it will kill kodi, and must already be causing them some issues as they have resorted to this.

Comment

Kodi Developers need to be able to maintain a neutral position when it comes to media covered by digital rights... up till now they do what they can to not promote piracy by not allowing talk or placement of plug-ins on any official Kodi site... All these box sellers/manufacturers constantly promoting their own products on the back of Kodi's starts to give the Digital Rights owners a slap in the face which in turn will start to make them act out and want laws reqarding streaming of protected digital media... All Kodi's really saying is that people need to stop using their name (trademarked) in advertisements promoting piracy... Theres lots of places around the world where governments don't give a crap about streaming media but here in North America that's not the case... Here in Canada as a example theres already laws on the books reqarding Canadian and Non-Canadian content that give the cable and satellite company's a protected Canadian Monopoly.... Rogers which is one of Canada's largest media providers has already started squawking to the CRTC about off-shore streaming cheating them out of potential revenue and it wont be long till they ramp-up their whining the same way they did with the whole satellite industry years ago wrecking it for everyone... Im sure theres other places around the world where similar crap happens as well... Kodi and Its developers im sure will be one of the 1st places leaned on by the digital rights owners and the cable/satellite providers when it comes time for them to try and find a way to slow or stop streaming of what they consider pirated media...

All this blatant use by the manufacturers/dealers of Kodi's name is just painting a big target on Kodi as it makes Kodi look like the bad guy when the reality is each kodi member has their own feelings on which side of the fence they sit on as the one thing that binds them all together in the 1st place is their agreement on open-source software and making the best media viewer out there....

Dealers need to smarten up and be a lot more careful in what and how they go about saying things because without Kodi my quess is that the box market would come to a serious crawl because we all know whats really driving the market... this is the same kinda crap the fta and card sharing dealers did that killed the satellite industry while they went about raping the providers forcing them to have laws put into the books that scared the hobby off... its not that smartcards cant be cracked to this day... its the fear of ending up in court being sued for ridiculous amounts of money that finally ended all the fun...

Comment

Your misinformed re canadian providers and crtc. Both companies main ones have been mandated to provide broken up channels and a basic package of 25 per month. Both are moving to try and change laws but have been blocked its now a move on thier end to start there own on line presence that needs to be done. Its not just tv boxes that has the pressure on bell and rogers its the entire world switch to on line watch what you want when you want google and the other giants told crtc to pound salt re content so even that stupid entity is feeling the hard hit from other streaming services.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
            X