android box question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

android box question?

what box manufacture does android os updates and not just bug fixes?

Hi bonez8

liike Ugoos,Zidoo,and some others.You know that nearly every of those boxes has Bugs.

Hope you find the right Box.If you want a really good Box buy a Shield.But for that you need

fast Internet.For what you need the box is important for choise.Good luck.

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Sadly.. there no vendors.. how provide Android upgrades on Arm based systems
      *that's mostly caused by amlogic/Rockchip/Allwinner, not releasing a new SDK/source code or driver updates
      **Even if the did..it upto the vendor to compile a firmware...most don't

rikomagic/Ugoos/zidoo/wetek/minix/nagrace/beelink/inphic have a good reputation for providing bug fixes

If you seek real upgrade path's.. then buy a X86 pc.. that has android x86 support (example asus n3150cl or gx620)
      *here you can install win10/android x86 nougat or RemixOs v2 or v3 /cm12 or 13 / libre-elec / linux etc
      **also you are no longer limited to install space and ram limits (well android 32bit sees 3gb / 64bit offcourse more)

Anyway... what are you looking for?

Comment

If you seek more info.. about tvbox's...this post got updated

Cheers

Comment

Funny that Rockchip devices not listed. But that seems to be a true fact of the support for them. Crap... Gpu and coding seems to be very lacking from rockchip and player support is just as bad.but the plus is amilogic. I dont agres with his comments re sub 905x and others that support the device. They listed only those supporting kodi and thats bias to me 😃 But is a good read. 
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

i own Minix Neo X8-H Plus and it's running Android 4.4 i can't find a rom for Android 5.0 Lollipop i want run kodi 17 or higher when it get stable stage.(by the way i just bought the unit last year) i don't know if i should try crossflash my box with different firmware if it would work or not. thanks everyone for the help i will read up.
            Last edited by bonez8; 09-12-2016, 05:27.

Comment

NVIDIA SHIELD TV question can it be updated passed android 6.0 marshmallow ? is the unit at the end of it's life cycle you know where new unit getting ready comeout.

Comment

It is already on marshmellow lean back os. If you want open android then your best to try droid modes full android 6.0 😌
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

i am not sure what i want yet just something not outdated fast and going last few years. i am not sure what droid modes full android 6.0 is i am newbie.

Comment

Its full android 6.0 on the shield.remote have to be hard wired or us xbox controler but much faster and some like better just google it or youtube full android on shield. 

Comment

sideloading apps on shield got me confused because act like it's easy some act like you need ftp apk file over to device first then you can install the app when watched youtube videos.

Comment

Yes side loading has draw backs but i use dropbox on mine to load apks there are a few ways to do it. 

Comment

can it run any app like any normal android box?

Comment

Yes sir. 

Comment

Working...
                            X