X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boilerplate split from good thread

i dont see no ads
    theres a very elegant solution for your pains
    This article provides details on blocking Ads, Banners, Parasites, and Hijackers, web bugs, possibly unwanted programs etc. with a custom HOSTS file
    Arnova10G2: USB to Ethernet - PLEASE TELL ME HOW?

Originally posted by register View Post
    i dont see no ads
    theres a very elegant solution for your pains
    http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
    If you had the choice of using a dedicated media server that belonged to you with NO ADS, NO TRACKING, NO BS like Bob has, why would he choose to use the spam DL sites?

I am not understanding how you can keep going on about SPAM DL sites when you know Bob has his own FAST, NO SPAM, NO TRACKING dedicated server to serve his ROM's from.

Comment

theres more to the internet than this forum will

Comment

I was just answering one of the many similar posts you have made with truth and logic.

theres more to the internet than this forum will
        HAHAHAHA are you sure? I never noticed. Great reply, EXACTLY what we all expected.

I have a question for you now. Why do you think we pay money to have dedicated servers instead of forcing our members to go to spam, tracking BS free sites?

Oh well, I guess before you come up with more nonsense, it is because we want to provide the BEST and easiest method for our members to get our content and communicate with each other, FAST with no SPAM or BS.

Nobody gave us anything we work jobs like everybody else and we spend money to help others. Not sure why you just can't seem to grasp that concept. We make nothing but thanks and we host what we think would help people. It is very simple, not sure why you want to dance around the facts, people can easily see what you are trying to do, but it is not working because what we are doing is transparent and obvious. There are some people who appreciate what we are doing, obviously you are not one of them and that is fine. To each his own.

Comment

When I first got into this ROM hacking stuff, I freaking had to go download a tool or something that was a link off XDA. It infected me instantly with the stupid Windows 7 Antivirus 2012 crap. It took me 2 hours to get that crap off my system and I was considering just reformatting and reinstalling windows. We all know that is no fun!

Since then, I will not go to these places. How do you think their bandwidth is getting paid for? They are all doing something to get paid by either advertisers or by selling your information.

So the answer is to install all kinds of programs to block thngs, watch for tracker installs, spyware, etc. etc???? NOT.... In my mind that is stupid because it is a never ending game!!! The sites change to get around the current blocking tools and then you have to update those, etc.

The fact that I have good antivirus software yet I still got infected by one of these sites PROVES it is a never ending game. The best way to avoid getting screwed up is to avoid the problem to begin with.

Now lets talk about history of data, tools, etc. There are now SO MANY broken links to megauploads all over those other forums. You read a post about how great this tool is or what that tool does and you go to download it only to find it is gone. How is that of benefit to anyone? A bunch of worthless posts with links to dead content.
          These other forums should have been hosting member content to begin with. They are making money with advertisers in a nice way yet they make users have to use these crap download sites that one day maybe gone anyway!!!

We are doing it differently here period. I can give Gerry a FTP login if he wants to upload his stuff for me to look at. Gerry, let me know if you want to do that.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by WillJames View Post
            I was just answering one of the many similar posts you have made with truth and logic.
            im not sure what you mean here will
            care to elaborate?

HAHAHAHA are you sure? I never noticed. Great reply, EXACTLY what we all expected.
            we? who are you referring to will?
            anyway - im glad im keeping you entertained

I have a question for you now. Why do you think we pay money to have dedicated servers instead of forcing our members to go to spam, tracking BS free sites?
            because you have money to spend? good for you will - at least you spend it helping others

Oh well, I guess before you come up with more nonsense, it is because we want to provide the BEST and easiest method for our members to get our content and communicate with each other, FAST with no SPAM or BS.
            nonsense?
            care to explain this insult will?

Nobody gave us anything we work jobs like everybody else and we spend money to help others. Not sure why you just can't seem to grasp that concept.
            thats all great - not sure why you think i dont get the concept
            elaborate will - explain yourself more clearly

We make nothing but thanks and we host what we think would help people. It is very simple, not sure why you want to dance around the facts, people can easily see what you are trying to do, but it is not working because what we are doing is transparent and obvious.
            facts? what facts will?
            i dont seem to get anything of what youre saying but for some reason it sounds hostile
            what am i trying to do?
            i just posted a way to help people never see another advertisement online
            do you have a problem with that?

There are some people who appreciate what we are doing, obviously you are not one of them and that is fine. To each his own.
            how did you reach this conclusion will?
            you seem to talk about something only you know what it is
            i find your attitude rude
            you may be paying for hosting here but that doesnt give you the right to insult people
            i hope you could explain your attitude
            or is this another giant misunderstanding?

Comment

Off topic guys settle your dispute elsewhere
              Persistence will pay off ,Trust me !!!

Comment

OK this BS has gone on enough. Register, are you always this argumentative and condescending?

The forum is about helping folks. This thread is now BS due to you just coming here to argue with people.

Let it go and lets get back on topic which is to help Gerry help people get the Market without rooting.

Want to help him make that happen? Stop the arguing then and try to help or just get out of it. No sense in posting dribble as it is helping NO ONE.

I am not going to put up with it too much longer.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
                  Off topic guys settle your dispute elsewhere
                  Exactly Gerry! Thank you.

Bob

Comment

im sorry bob - i just dont leave people to insult me - thats all
                    maybe you should speak with will to see what is his problem

Comment

im sorry bob - i just dont leave people to insult me - thats all
                      maybe you should speak with will to see what is his problem

Anyone can see your post history on this site as well as my own and decide for themselves who is being insulting. That is plenty of an explanation. No more thread hijacking.

I sent you the FTP drop box info for Gerry Bob. Thanks for sharing Gerry.

Comment

will - do me a favor - do not reply to my posts from now on - thank you very much
                        Last edited by register; 03-14-2012, 19:51.

Comment

Gerry, PM sent with FTP info.

Register. Will is part owner of this site with me. You are trying to argue with the owner of this site.
                          Do you do that when you go to other peoples houses?

If your being pushy and non-helpful Will, Daman, or I will respond.
                          So realize who your spatting with.

Bob

Comment

i am not arguing with anybody - i made a very simple request - i expect it to be respected - it is very easy indeed
                            let me say it again:
                            will - do me a favor - do not reply to my posts from now on - thank you very much

Comment

Register everybody has the right to speak and engage in the forum, but you do not have the right to tell anybody not to respond to anything that you say, we are not running a Communist forum!

If you want to participate than do so but don't tell people what and to whom to reply to

Thank you

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
                              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              </form>

Comment

Working...
                              X