Pc will not shut down [SOLVED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc will not shut down [SOLVED]

Im no expert but i do not a fair bit but its all self tought (Dont think i no enough to solve my issue)

A brief description of my pc and the problem.(Pc will not shut down)

Dell optiplex 7010

10GB of ram installed (I always asumed more was better)That's been in there for over a year Runs sweet.

500GB sandisk SSD (Brand New last one died so got sent a replacment)

The problem that's driving me nuts

The pc run's perfect,fast and does everything i want it to apart from it will not shut down,sleep or hibernate.

It will shut down but after about 5 seconds it will just turn back on by its self

I had this problem when i installed the first SSD that died (I did fix the shut down issue)But i can not for the life of me remember how i fixed it)

I seem to remember i fixed it by CMD powercfg -h off But that does not fix it this time (Maybe it was not this that fixed it last time)

Its a fresh install of win 10 all leagel (I first installed win 10 when it was free)

Since then iv installed win 10 many many times to try and fix the shut down isseu with no luck.

There's nothing on the pc its a fresh install apart from me adding drivers and things trying to fix it with no luck.

Bios is up to date too

So now im turning to the freaktab expert's before it drive's me even more nuts than i already am

Blinky
    Last edited by blinkone; 02-07-2017, 17:58.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

I'm no expert either, but curious if you run a LiveCD Linux distro, does the shutdown stay shut down?

Comment

Thanks for the reply RISCy Dude,

Na mate same result, tried and tested just reboots

Comment

• blinkone
        blinkone commented
        Editing a comment
        UPDATE:

I just installed win 10 again let it do all its updates (So its all up to date) Not installed any extra drivers this time)

Same issue wont shut down just reboots

Does a hard shutdown stay down?

Comment

Na mate same thing just reboots.

But if I press the power button at the right time when its rebooting (The dell logo) it will turn off

Comment

Is the BIOS current?

Comment

Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power Settings -> Choose what the power buttons do -> Change settings that are currently unavailable
            Then remove the check from Turn on fast startup (recommended)
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
              Is the BIOS current?
              Yes the Bios is up to date,, latest bios on dell system detect website

Photo of my Bios

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep -> Additional Power Settings -> Choose what the power buttons do -> Change settings that are currently unavailable
                Then remove the check from Turn on fast startup (recommended)
                Yep tried that already makes no difference,Still reboots instead of shutting down.

Well it does shut down but will turn back on again after 4/5 seconds

Comment

Do you have wake on lan turned on your network adapter or in the BIOS?

If you disconnect from ethernet/wifi and pull your internet cable out, does it shut down then?
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

2012 bios....Doomed..well maybe not

What Version of win 10
                    I recall I had a problem with my 2014 laptop after a few updates it all went away...

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      Do you have wake on lan turned on your network adapter or in the BIOS?

If you disconnect from ethernet/wifi and pull your internet cable out, does it shut down then?

Yes also tried turning off wake on lan in the Bios.And removed the Ethernet cable

Also removed the monitor cable,removed everything from the usb ports keyboard,mouse

Still reboots

I keep coming back to its maybe the power button gone bad

But if i press the power button at just the right time when its booting up (Dell logo) it will power off then and stay off, but it has to be at the exact time, one second either way it will still boot.

Keep theses ideas coming guys I really appreciate it

Comment

So if you hold the power button in to do a forced shutdown, does that keep it down?

Comment

You can also try resetting the BIOS back to defaults or even taking out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes to guarantee a correct reset.

Comment

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\PowerdownAfterShutdown

Set the value to 1

Comment

Working...
                            X