X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    2012 bios....Doomed..well maybe not

What Version of win 10
    I recall I had a problem with my 2014 laptop after a few updates it all went away...

The bios date is 12/12/2016 A24 version .. I first saw it as 2012 but its 2016 your looking at the manufacturer date.

Windows 10 pro

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.693
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      So if you hold the power button in to do a forced shutdown, does that keep it down?
      No mate, Holding the power button will shut it down but it will just boot back up again.Same if I pull the power cord. boots right back up once the power cord in inserted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\PowerdownAfterShutdown

Set the value to 1
      Same boots right back up

You can also try resetting the BIOS back to defaults or even taking out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes to guarantee a correct reset
      Done and done

Same still boots right back up

Comment

When you ran powercfg h off, you did so from an elevated command prompt?
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Also run the Windows troubleshooter just to eliminate anything that it may find.

Comment

Does shutting down from an elevated command prompt do the trick?

shutdown /p

Comment

When you ran powercfg h off, you did so from an elevated command prompt?
              Yes Mate Ran as Administrator ..That does remove fast start up from the power options window,But the dam thing still reboots lol without the lol

Also run the Windows troubleshooter just to eliminate anything that it may find.
              Returns no errors, Been driving me nut's for a while now,Would not be so bad if it would go to sleep that would do for now but nope it wont sleep either.

Comment

Iv also tried putting the old original HHD back in that still has the win 7 on and it does just the same with that.

Comment

Starting to sound like a hardware related issue.

What other devices do you have connected/installed apart from the SSD that did not come with the machine?

Comment

Starting to sound like a hardware related issue.

What other devices do you have connected/installed apart from the SSD that did not come with the machine?
                    Yes your thinking the same as me (Hardware) or something in the bios itself

The only hardware iv added to it is a wifi card and ram.

I have tried removing ram one by one that give's me the same issue reboots... BUT I have not tried removing the wifi card as of yet (Going to do that now)

Thanks again bluesmanuk,Many heads are better than one.

Edit:But if its hardware why does pressing the power button at just the right time (Dell logo) Power it off. Seems odd

Comment

I am also inclined to believe hardware could be suspect. Specily since running a Live CD produces no change in shutdown behavior. Bad PMD or Power Supply.

Disconnect drives and see if the behavior persists with LiveCD distro via USB.

Comment

Pull the PSU from the board for 10 mins too

Comment

Guys guys guys We have Shutdown

This was the swine stopping the shutdown The wifi card A big thanks goes out to you all for your suggestions and time ..

I don't no why I did not try this bluesmanuk thanks for pointing me in the right direction excellent.

Blinky

Comment

Good to hear.

Comment

Glad you resolved it.

It was certainly an unusual one for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X