Have you guys heard of Smarty PCTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guys heard of Smarty PCTV?

Smarty PCTV is a new software program that will be launching in late December 2013. This software is an exciting new product that promises to turn the smart TV revolution on its head by giving you a smart TV for free. It can make almost any unused PC up to around 10 years old into a smart TV, yet only better and far more versatile.
    With up to 26% of people in Great Britain watching TV on demand using their computers, this is a product that is bound to appeal to almost everyone. Sadly, most of these people are using web browsers and favourite’s menus to watch their TV programs and movies, which is not exactly the most pleasant way to watch TV online.

Smarty-PCTV on the other hand has a true TV like interface. It’s also very easy to use and is the only product of its kind that enables an ordinary PC to be used as a smart TV. In fact since even the most basic PC has far more power than any smart TV, its more versatile than any smart TVs currently available.

You can use it to watch TV on your PC or you can connect it to your TV for a full Smart TV experience.

I'm wondering if anyone tried the beta version of this or if it's possible to use them on a tablet?
    I am, whatever you say I am.

Well it sounds interesting but a 10 year old PC? This means either they give hardware to convert old PC monitor output to HDMI or it is composite video which will be ugly on a high def TV! Or they give you an old PCI card that gives HDMI output. Either way they have to solve the PC to TV connection.

The software sounds like it might be XBMC?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I think the idea is the same. I'll have to try it out and see if it's something that I can use.

Comment

Yes, It does work like XBMC but more straightforward and requires less resource. I don't think it's going to work on tablets just yet and is designed for PC viewing. I'm sure they will go that route soon.

Comment

I have a personal freeview box and it allows signal to be sent out so i bought a PCTV card and installed it. But its not giving me a display on pc.
          robot vacuum cleaner

Comment

yeah mates i also liked the idea... hope to use it soon
            atlantarhinoplastycritic

Comment

Working...
            X