cant get custom bootanimations to work on android tv box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant get custom bootanimations to work on android tv box

ok so I am trying to get a custom boot animation onto my M8 android kitkat tvbox and for some reason it will not work no matter what I try. I can download other animations from xda and paste it into system/media with root explorer fine. I followed instructions I found online, made a simple text on black background image in a folder called project. In that folder I have another folder called part 0 and placed my .png image into that folder and named it image0000.png. I create a desc.txt notepad file that says

720 1280 15
    p 0 0 part0

I changed it to 15fps since its only 1 or 2 images. I zipped it using the store compression option and named it bootanimation.zip I then tested it with a bootanimation viewer on my pc and everything works right. I then copy it onto my box in system/media after deleting the stock one. Then I reboot the box.. it shows the very first amlogic logo and then just sits there forever. I can hear the navigation sounds so it does boot into the homescreen but no matter what it just shows the first boot screen and never shows my animation never leaving that screen even after a reboot.

As a test, I edited a downloaded bootanimation that works on my box and tried to insert some of my images just to see if they would popup and the animation actually skips over them and just displays the original animation I downloaded. I dont see why it refuses to show any of my images since they are very small and the same exact dimensions as the working animations. Any ideas its driving me nuts.. i have to reflash everytime it gets stuck at the first boot screen.

btw i have given the animation full permissions

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    ok so I am trying to get a custom boot animation onto my M8 android kitkat tvbox and for some reason it will not work no matter what I try. I can download other animations from xda and paste it into system/media with root explorer fine. I followed instructions I found online, made a simple text on black background image in a folder called project. In that folder I have another folder called part 0 and placed my .png image into that folder and named it image0000.png. I create a desc.txt notepad file that says

720 1280 15
    p 0 0 part0

I changed it to 15fps since its only 1 or 2 images. I zipped it using the store compression option and named it bootanimation.zip I then tested it with a bootanimation viewer on my pc and everything works right. I then copy it onto my box in system/media after deleting the stock one. Then I reboot the box.. it shows the very first amlogic logo and then just sits there forever. I can hear the navigation sounds so it does boot into the homescreen but no matter what it just shows the first boot screen and never shows my animation never leaving that screen even after a reboot.

As a test, I edited a downloaded bootanimation that works on my box and tried to insert some of my images just to see if they would popup and the animation actually skips over them and just displays the original animation I downloaded. I dont see why it refuses to show any of my images since they are very small and the same exact dimensions as the working animations. Any ideas its driving me nuts.. i have to reflash everytime it gets stuck at the first boot screen.

btw i have given the animation full permissions
    it may only use jpeg images for the animation. some devices use both . some just one or the other .

use bootanimation factory as well . try jpegs and see what happens.
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Working...
    X