• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HERE HOW TO CHANGE LOGO BOOT IN TRONSMART S89/ BEELINK S82/ M8

Hi,

finally I have changed the boot logo of my Tronsmart S89/Beelink S82/M8

You have need of:

1) AMLResSpliter for extract the images for the editing with photoshop or others programs:
    2) logo.zip (thanks to Filness) for logo.img and script
    3) Sign-em (thanks to no_spam_for_me) for sign your file zipped

for download look down

Istruction for use for Windows:

1) Extract logo.img from logo.zip
    2) Extract AMLResSpliter in a folder and put logo.img in same folder, open Command Prompt and write (of course navigate with 'cd' to exact directory):
    AMLResSpliter.exe logo.img
    3) Files will be extracted in folder /out
    So You can edit those *.bpm files with Photoshop.
    4) When You have done editing, in Command Prompt write:
    AMLResSpliter.exe out
    5) it will create newlogo.img
    6) Rename newlogo.img in logo.img and replace it in logo.zip
    7) Open logo.zip with a compressor manager (better with 7zip) e delete files: MANIFEST.MF, CERT.SF, CERT.RSA presents in the folder META-INF and close zip file
    8) Use Sign-me for sign your logo.zip

Istruction for use sign-me:

1. Extract sign-em.zip anywhere on your PC.
    2. Put your files in "Input".
    3. Execute "sign-em.bat"
    4. Your signed files will be in "Output", md5 checksum will be in a file named "md5.txt" in the same folder

Finally your file logo.zip is ready for flash

PS. if you want can flash mylogo_amlogic.zip (for preview look photo)
    Attached Files

THX
    AMLResSpliter.zip was what I'm missing ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      THX
      AMLResSpliter.zip was what I'm missing ...
      you have found now

Comment

Originally posted by freeworld View Post
        Hi,

finally I have changed the boot logo of my Tronsmart S89/Beelink S82/M8

You have need of:

1) AMLResSpliter for extract the images for the editing with photoshop or others programs:
        2) logo.zip (thanks to Filness) for logo.img and script
        3) Sign-em (thanks to no_spam_for_me) for sign your file zipped

for download look down

Istruction for use for Windows:

1) Extract logo.img from logo.zip
        2) Extract AMLResSpliter in a folder and put logo.img in same folder, open Command Prompt and write (of course navigate with 'cd' to exact directory):
        AMLResSpliter.exe logo.img
        3) Files will be extracted in folder /out
        So You can edit those *.bpm files with Photoshop.
        4) When You have done editing, in Command Prompt write:
        AMLResSpliter.exe out
        5) it will create newlogo.img
        6) Rename newlogo.img in logo.img and replace it in logo.zip
        7) Open logo.zip with a compressor manager (better with 7zip) e delete files: MANIFEST.MF, CERT.SF, CERT.RSA presents in the folder META-INF and close zip file
        8) Use Sign-me for sign your logo.zip

Istruction for use sign-me:

1. Extract sign-em.zip anywhere on your PC.
        2. Put your files in "Input".
        3. Execute "sign-em.bat"
        4. Your signed files will be in "Output", md5 checksum will be in a file named "md5.txt" in the same folder

Finally your file logo.zip is ready for flash

PS. if you want can flash mylogo_amlogic.zip (for preview look photo)
        Big thanks, been looking for this.

Comment

just a thought can it be done by creating the bootanimation and then port it with rom toolbox?

Comment

Thanks that looks handy to have.

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
              just a thought can it be done by creating the bootanimation and then port it with rom toolbox?
              I don't know, I never tried it

Comment

i'm currently without any box i am wating for mine to arrive as soon as its gets i will try to see if it can be done and report back here.
                p.s can anyone suggest me a swf to gif converter?

Comment

Is it possible to get this working for MX2 ?

Comment

Hi,

I would like to create my own custom logo. I found this thread by using AMLResSpliter. The stock firmware is from Oman (112k4) at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...eedback-thread

When using AMLResSpliter, this is what i got from logo.img:
                    bootup_720.bmp
                    bootup_1080
                    upgrade_bar
                    upgrade_error
                    upgrade_fail
                    upgrade_logo
                    upgrade_success
                    upgrade_unfocus
                    upgrade_upgrading

The only .bmp is bootup_720.bmp but the rest are just "file". I change bootup_1080.bmp but MS Paint show as invalid image
                    The bootup_720.bmp is only 4W x 14H.

How do i go about? I would like to add the logo.img back into the stock firmware so when it flash, it show my own custom. I do not want to flash separately as OP instructed.

Can I do this? I will use OP file "mylogo_amlogic" as an example.
                    OP bootup_720.bmp and replace with stock bootup_720.bmp
                    OP bootup_1080.bmp--> remove ".bmp" so it will be bootup_1080 to replace with stock bootup_1080
                    then do AMLResSpliter.exe out
                    change the name to logo.img and place it back to firmware then use sign-em?

Will that work?

Comment

Anyone here willing to help? I would like to add my custom to the ROM itself instead of flash alone. How do i do that? I just remove .bmp out from bootup or I can add .bmp and just convert it back to logo.img once done with image editing?

Comment

Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
                        Anyone here willing to help? I would like to add my custom to the ROM itself instead of flash alone. How do i do that? I just remove .bmp out from bootup or I can add .bmp and just convert it back to logo.img once done with image editing?
                        If you're using Finless's ROM then he added additional images, therefore AMLResSplitter won't be able to split the img file properly, and the logo.img flash will not work. He modified it so that it wouldn't be trivial to change it...

It worked for me with MediaMan's custom ROM, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
                          If you're using Finless's ROM then he added additional images, therefore AMLResSplitter won't be able to split the img file properly, and the logo.img flash will not work. He modified it so that it wouldn't be trivial to change it...

It worked for me with MediaMan's custom ROM, however.
                          Thank you. I'm not using Finless's ROM. Using stock rom. But I do not want to flash twice just for the logo. I want to edit stock rom and add my custom logo.

Stock Rom: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...eedback-thread

Comment

Originally posted by cat2115 View Post
                            Thank you. I'm not using Finless's ROM. Using stock rom. But I do not want to flash twice just for the logo. I want to edit stock rom and add my custom logo.

Stock Rom: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...eedback-thread
                            Oh ok, that's easy as long as it has only two files. If you use the AMLResSplitter, then if you get two BMP files, then you're good, but if you get more than 2 files, then AML Res Splitter failed because the sizes in the img are incorrect...

Normally you would have to modify the two BMP files you get from AML Res Splitter, then repack it with AML Res Splitter back to a logo.img file

then you'd make a flashable ZIP by taking the posted logo.zip, removing the sign data (the update-scripts must stay! follow the guide) and then use signem.bat to re-sign it and ta-dah that is a flashable zip

but as I said, I think (I THINK) it works only if you get only 2 files from the AML Res splitter, otherwise you might need to find a newer version of the AML Res Splitter

p.s.: flashable ZIP can be installed from Sd Card in recovery, but I used mouse for that as input and about 1 pixel movement is 1 menu bar so be very gentle with the mouse

Comment

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
                              Oh ok, that's easy as long as it has only two files. If you use the AMLResSplitter, then if you get two BMP files, then you're good, but if you get more than 2 files, then AML Res Splitter failed because the sizes in the img are incorrect...

Normally you would have to modify the two BMP files you get from AML Res Splitter, then repack it with AML Res Splitter back to a logo.img file

then you'd make a flashable ZIP by taking the posted logo.zip, removing the sign data (the update-scripts must stay! follow the guide) and then use signem.bat to re-sign it and ta-dah that is a flashable zip

but as I said, I think (I THINK) it works only if you get only 2 files from the AML Res splitter, otherwise you might need to find a newer version of the AML Res Splitter

p.s.: flashable ZIP can be installed from Sd Card in recovery, but I used mouse for that as input and about 1 pixel movement is 1 menu bar so be very gentle with the mouse

Comment

Working...
                              X