This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreakTab ROMs - Boot Screen and Animation Art Discussions

ok guys so our great and powerful Bob has asked if i would make a attempt at making you guys some boot screens and animations. so i have been into this for a short time but i am becoming rather good at it ,now i will make a boot screen /animation based on what i hear from you all , if you have not looked there is some of my first attempts at this art here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...boot-animation now ,i do not mind even making personalized screens i.e names and such but before i do this stuff Bob will have to express he does not mind putting them in place for you. i will make a coverall type screen for Bob's roms .but i need feedback from you . ok . to see my animations i have done your rooted so you can view them quite easily.rename zip to bootanimation.zip place in system media tick all permission boxes and reboot .i am assuming these tv players are similar to our regular tablets .so enough of my jabber ,tell me some things you want to see and i'll get to work. i also think maybe ,we should start a thread for this in the art part of the forum so we don't clutter up this thread .
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK, I get this "ask" all the time. And what exactly is a nicer boot screen?

TRUST ME... everyone wants something different. So what you consider a "nicer" boot screen another may not!

But then I go to this question. For as SHORT as the boot screen etc is up, does this really make a difference vs what I do in my ROMs to make the user experience better?
    I mean really? Is it that important?

OK so I will ask my friend Tattman to cook up a boot screen. But you all better help him with what you want! I will link you to a post he will create when I ask him.

But I still am confused by this constant request! A "nicer" boot screen. NO ONE has ever explained to me what that is
    More it seems like a bunch of art critics that cant decide

Bob
    I can tell you what I like.

I like the stock R-BOX boot animation. You can add your name to it if you want to.

I also like the original Android boot animation.

BTW, if it doesn't make any difference, you can keep the stock one and spend your time on the user experience improvements

Thanks

Comment

Tattman will be doing some boot screens for my ROMs. You guys work with him on what you want!

But please do not make it a pain is the butt for the guy! He has a real job like all of us

Have at it Tattman! Lets see what you can cook up!

Tattman, I am not sure what you signed up for my friend.... It seems 2 seconds of someone's life is a big deal! Damn art critics

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thats what i like immediate reponse , so anything that you guys think you want to see in your animations if you know where a stock one can be found please direct me towards it .you know how vast the web is .i will try to help you all get what you want within reason .like Bob said i do have a life .i will also make some of my own ideas and post along with them a static picture so you can have some kind of idea what it looks like .now keep in mind i am really fresh at this so my skill set is somewhat limited i can make simple animations.but the ones i have made are pretty decent. i'm just now starting to teach myself how to do actual animated ones .so ,with that said start giving some input and we'll make it happen.i'm on the site daily so i will check the posts and try to respond as fast as possible .thanks ,tattman.
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Re: Boot Screen and Animation Art Discussions

I'm interested in this. What I think would be great for me is a images collection for a ROM. What I mean by this is an appropriate background plus some additional graphics that I can overlay.

I'm using gimp on Linux for a few bits and pieces and think that will the above I can easily maintain a themed service of images for kernel, boot image and then boot animation. For minor version updates I could easily increment from 1.1 to 1.2 etc and only call on your time for new tabs and major versions when a new look is required.

What do you think?
          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

I think what most of us mean is a bootscreen which isn't "branded".

Perhaps a generic android bootscreen? Even the simple android text boot screen would be better.

To further explain the term generic, something which could be applied to more than one instance of use. A green android robot dancing, etc etc. Without the in4dealz thing.

Comment

as somebody once said, you can't please all of the people all of the time, so in the absence of using an heroic picture of myself, i suggest something as minimalist as possible, though i always like the principle of showing some sort of progress bar so i know something is happening, by all means with a finless logo and version number

Comment

Originally posted by lambstone View Post
                I think what most of us mean is a boot screen which isn't "branded".

Perhaps a generic android bootscreen? Even the simple android text boot screen would be better.

To further explain the term generic, something which could be applied to more than one instance of use. A green android robot dancing, etc etc. Without the in4dealz thing.
                I very much agree with lambstone. But I do understand the advertising thing. Everybody does it.
                Again as lambstone said something generic would be good, with preferably darker background (matching the TV ) and something to show that the thing is still loading (turning circle, flashing dots, you can see I have got little talent in design)
                And as few wrote before you might not please everybody, but the boot screen is shown only for 20 or so seconds so. And if you leave the "mini pc" on it doesn't matter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lambstone View Post
                  I think what most of us mean is a bootscreen which isn't "branded".

To create custom ROMs requires
                  1 a little knowledge
                  2 a fair amount of time
                  3 hardware to test them on and time to test

If I want to make them available for others to use then i need in addition
                  4 a download site with sufficient storage availability and bandwidth
                  5 a forum to publish and support via
                  6 a network of devs testers and other who will offer feedback

To provide 4 to 6 costs someone (Will James, Bob) money.

(Rant mode on)
                  please so not cry about a little branding, advertising during boot, all the boot images I have seen used are low impact in terms if load time.
                  (rant mode off)

Constructive criticism always welcome.

900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

I just created a boot animation if anyone is interested:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UG_000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	429209

Comment

Originally posted by samyboy89 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]889[/ATTACH]
                      That's what I imagined, a stock MK808 Google TV logo with Finless signature... exactly.
                      I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by samyboy89 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]889[/ATTACH]
                        I like it, but this is more Android Tv than "Google TV", in't it?
                        Attached Files

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

You're all better than me with boot screen design.

I'd like to see the freaktab logo in there.
                            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                              You're all better than me with boot screen design.

I'd like to see the freaktab logo in there.
                              I couldn't find one. Can you give me one, that is transparent, and I'll put it right in

Comment

Working...
                              X