Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make your wallpaper fit to the screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make your wallpaper fit to the screen?

Hey guys Rivers here from SomeCoolTech on YouTube,

If you're like me one of the coolest things about having Android on your TV is that its super customizable. I like everything to look really clean and organized. I actually spend hours arranging the desktop and setting up all the effects and transitions on different launchers. That's why its driving me crazy when you set a wallpaper and it zooms in and crops off the outside which makes it look bad a bit blurry too.

I have tons of awesome wallpapers but when they are not made to be cropped. Even when I use different launchers or turn off the dynamic wallpaper scrolling effect my wallpaper still gets cropped.

Can anyone help with this? I don't know if it's something in the ROM or if there is and app that can set the wallpaper correctly. If you can make a fix I'll put it in a YouTube video and give you credit.

Thanks for any help,

Rivers

Hello Rivers,

It is easy or not :-)
    You must Open framework-res.apk go to res and then /drawable-sw720dp-nodpi.
    There you find default_wallpaper.jpg.
    Copy it out and open it with your Graphic Program.
    You will see the Picture is bigger than Screen. There put in your Picture with the right Size for your Resolution. After doing that copy it back.
    And that´s all.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello Rivers,

It is easy or not :-)
      You must Open framework-res.apk go to res and then /drawable-sw720dp-nodpi.
      There you find default_wallpaper.jpg.
      Copy it out and open it with your Graphic Program.
      You will see the Picture is bigger than Screen. There put in your Picture with the right Size for your Resolution. After doing that copy it back.
      And that´s all.

Neomode

I have been wondering how to find the default wallpaper, but it might help some to be a bit more specific:

1. Locate: /system/framework/framework-res.apk

2. Open framework-res.apk with "Package Installer", select 'View'.

3. Locate: /res folder/drawable-sw720dp-nodpi

4. Extract: drawable-sw720dp-nodpi, then 'go to extracted'.

5. Open: drawable-sw720dp-nodpi

6. Copy: default_wallpaper.jpg to /mnt/external_sd

7. Unmount the external-sd card, then...

8. Open: default_wallpaper.jpg with your graphics program.

You will see the picture is bigger than the screen. Put in your substitute picture with the right size for your desired resolution. Then, copy it back to where you found it.

Comment

or you can install wallpaper wizardrii from GP

Verstuurd vanaf mijn V370 met Tapatalk 4
        if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Thank you so much guys

Thank you guys for the info. I've been knee deep in a review of the Minix A2 remote all day (great remote by he way)and haven't had time to try anything yet but I can't wait. I've had a lot of people ask me this too so this should help a lot of people.

Thanks and once i get it figured out I'll make a review and give credit.

Aloha,
          Rivers

Comment

I have this problem. It's great advice for me, thank you.

Comment

Maybe this guide can help you solve the problem, https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000592.htm, you should check it out

Comment

Before this, I also had this problem. I think this is a good suggestion.

Comment

As I do, first I look at what screen extension and then in the menu I choose a site that edits the image to the parameters I set! I edit this post and put it on my desktop! It's very simple, I as a graphic designer know this, for example, the last of my projects went cool betwinner!

Comment

Working...
                  X