This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish List for MTK Phone ROM's

There are literally thousands of different phone models containing MTK processors. While our goal isn't to provide a ROM for each and every one, this is a place for Freaktab developers to place ROM's we've created for our devices and others by request.

If you are needing a custom ROM for your device, please follow these ground rules for your request:

1. Provide the Brand name and Model name and number of your device.
    2. Provide a link to the official factory firmware for your device.
    3. Give us some spec information about the device like screen resolution, NAND memory capacity, MTK chip...etc.... Usually a link to the product page where you purchased the device can give us most of the information.

There's no promise or guarantee we can get to every request, but it's a starting place for discussion. Some of our developers only make ROM's for devices they actually have to test.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

First request

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    There are literally thousands of different phone models containing MTK processors. While our goal isn't to provide a ROM for each and every one, this is a place for Freaktab developers to place ROM's we've created for our devices and others by request.

If you are needing a custom ROM for your device, please follow these ground rules for your request:

3. Give us some spec information about the device like screen resolution, NAND memory capacity, MTK chip...etc.... Usually a link to the product page where you purchased the device can give us most of the information.

There's no promise or guarantee we can get to every request, but it's a starting place for discussion. Some of our developers only make ROM's for devices they actually have to test.
    Hi Randy,

Needless to say that I'm a big fan of your work! You're the master of Pipo ROMS and I'm currently using RR 1.8 Kitkat for my M6 Pro which is awesome. You work is just mind boggling.

Coming back to the thread, I have a friend who is anxious to get a custom ROM preferably KitKat for his mobile device which is MTK based. I'm willing to pay some amount if required for this. Please find below the complete details which I have composed according to the forum rules -:

Brand name - Xolo and Model name/number - Q800

Official factory firmware link: http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-stock-rom-model

Screen resolution: 540x960

NAND capacity: 1 GB

MTK type: MT6589

Link to the specs per manufacturer: http://www.xolo.in/q800

Please let me know if you can do something on this, as we were unable to find any good Custom Kitkat roms for device.

Regards,
    RedHatperl

Comment

The best I can do is make a rooted rom from the current factory firmware. Porting KK is not possible at this time. I'm still learning MTK.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

The factory ROM is very unstable and slow there is no website for this phone and no updates can be expected from the factory.

I currently am running a custom ROM from this Link (http://www.needrom.com/mobile/tengda-s5-dapeng-g9000/) but it two is unstable allthough its much better than stock.

I would really appreciate a stable rom with touchwiz custom firmware but I can live with stable and a little more performance.

Below is the required information I can provide testing of ROMs if needed.

Cheers,
        Gabe.

Brand: Tengda S5 / Dapeng G9000
        Model number: 706_v92_jbla_fhd

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/tengda-s5-stock/

CPU: MTK6592 ARM Cortex-A7 Octa Core 1.7GHz
        GPU: Mali-450 MP
        ROM: 16GB
        RAM: 2GB But its fake its only 1GB (there is a file located /system/ect/changeram.xml)
        Screen Resolution: 5.3 Inch 1920x1080px

Link to more into on the specs page: http://www.chinabuye.com/g9000-octa-...gps-wifi-black

Comment

Elephone p2000

I would love to get a new ROM for that Elephone p2000.

The actual ROM doesn't work with Link2SD and Titanium Bkp. The battery drain to fast...

That may all be better with a custom rom!

Here is a link to the phone with details and the available ROMs:

Model: P2000
          Dimensions: 154*78.2*8.0mm
          Weight: 156g
          CPU: MTK6592
          GPU: ARM MALI-450MP
          RAM: 2GB
          Storage: 16GB
          NFC: Support
          Memory cards: MicroSD
          Display: 5.5inch HD IPS,1280*720pixels
          Battery: 2650mAh
          Camera: Rear-13MP,front-8.0MP
          SIM card: SIM+micro SIM card,dual standby
          Wi-Fi: 802.11n wireless
          USB: 2.0 Micro USB
          Bluetooth: 4.0
          Positioning: GPS,A-GPS

Comment

Custom Rom for MTK6592

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

Hi,

i have a MTK6592 phone sold by a local manufacturer. they provided Android 4.2 on this and doesn't seem to have any plan to update it to the latest version.

If you can help me to create Kitkat rom or rom with Tuchwiz UI, that would be a great help.

I am currently using unofficial MIUI, which is better then my original one...... but again, it is not latest and doesn't have option to update it.

here is the factory rom link: http://iberry.asia/firmware/NucleaN2...are-140702.zip
            you can refer to following link for more information about this phone: http://iberry.asia/nuclea_n2.php

Let me know if you need any more information.

thank you,
            Chetan
            [email protected]

Comment

I've explained all of this before in previous posts...on many threads...and I'm sure that Finless has mentioned it a lot, too.

There are a bunch of MTK phones out there that manufacturers have stopped firmware support. Most of the time, source code for their kernels are kept under wraps. Therefore, as factory support ends, so does any hope of an upgrade to future Android versions. This is the standard approach the factories take. When production stops on a particular model, firmware development switches focus on the newer models.

While there are some developers who have managed to create custom kernels and in turn upgrade to the next Android versions, those developers have their own sources and the actual device to test. Mainly those are for the most popular/common models.

Without a KitKat kernel specific to a device that is running Jellybean, I'm afraid it wouldn't be possible to just port another firmware to your phone. Most attempts to do so end up in bricking the device.

In your case, you have a device from a local manufacturer. That makes upgrading even more difficult...unless the device is an OEM version or a clone of another, more common/popular model that the firmware has been taken from. If you could find out which name brand device your phone is patterned after, you could see if there is firmware available for it...but again...even with OEM/clone versions, there are sometimes significant differences in the components that would make the upgrade brick your device.

I'm not a kernel developer. And, as a matter of fact, I don't know of any of our kernel developers who are working with MTK kernels at the moment. So the best we can do is take the current firmware you have and try to make it better, just short of upgrading to the next version of Android.

If you are rooted, you can make a firmware backup using MTKDroidTools and send me a link to a zip file containing the backup. I can make a rooted, debloated ROM...with expanded user app space and some other tweaks like adding init.d script and busybox support. That's if the file format from your phone is compatible with the system I've set up to work with...there have been some unusual firmware configurations I've not been able to work with. It appears that MTK firmware isn't as consistent as Rockchip firmware when it comes to making modifications.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Whilst this may not be of use for KitKat, this MTK ROM porting tool is available and worth a look?

This tool is used for porting ROMs easily, i just found about it and ported MIUI V5 without any problems. Here is the link: Admin: Version 2 adapter tool: Admin: New version: Be sure to click Thanks,

Видео инструкция по пользованию программой MTK FirmwareAdapter Tool V2Включите аннотации!---------------------------------------Смена языка: http://www.youtu...
                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I actually played around with it last night for a while. It seems to make ROMs alright, but the lack of documentation is a little frustrating. I'm not sure I can trust the end product. Has anyone else tried it?

Sent from my P1
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I tried it myself a few weeks ago but like you, found the lack of documentation made it hard work.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Custom ROM for Elephone P2000

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                      I would love to get a new ROM for that Elephone p2000.

The actual ROM doesn't work with Link2SD and Titanium Bkp. The battery drain to fast...

That may all be better with a custom rom!

Here is a link to the phone with details and the available ROMs:

Model: P2000
                      Dimensions: 154*78.2*8.0mm
                      Weight: 156g
                      CPU: MTK6592
                      GPU: ARM MALI-450MP
                      RAM: 2GB
                      Storage: 16GB
                      NFC: Support
                      Memory cards: MicroSD
                      Display: 5.5inch HD IPS,1280*720pixels
                      Battery: 2650mAh
                      Camera: Rear-13MP,front-8.0MP
                      SIM card: SIM+micro SIM card,dual standby
                      Wi-Fi: 802.11n wireless
                      USB: 2.0 Micro USB
                      Bluetooth: 4.0
                      Positioning: GPS,A-GPS
                      Hi friends, excuse me for my english. I have this phone and battery drains really fast, this is the main problem. A custom ROM to solve the battery issues would be great. Original firmware can be located here: http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod...extra=page%3D1

Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Rock View Post
                        Hi friends, excuse me for my english. I...!

Hi,

You just need to change the SU app to get Titanium bk to work. If you read the Elephone forums, You will find links to Marsapa V3 Custom Rom. You can install it via recovery and it allows you to repartition the memory so you'll get 7GB or 10GB of App space... No need to link2sd in that case, but I think it would probably work with this ROM if you still want it.

As for battery drain, that ROM is a bet better but don't expect more than that... A ROM will not fix that HW issue.

Regads.

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                          Hi,

You just need to change the SU app to get Titanium bk to work. If you read the Elephone forums, You will find links to Marsapa V3 Custom Rom. You can install it via recovery and it allows you to repartition the memory so you'll get 7GB or 10GB of App space... No need to link2sd in that case, but I think it would probably work with this ROM if you still want it.

As for battery drain, that ROM is a bet better but don't expect more than that... A ROM will not fix that HW issue.

Regads.
                          Thanks for your reply, I will try to install the Marsapa Custom ROM.

Regards!

Comment

Elephone p3000s

Hi, i just bought the Elephone p3000s cellphone. The official firm is not bad but a custom firmware is always better with some overclocking it would be great.

The official rom page is http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-2027-1...l#.VMVDaP6Ud24.

The full specification phone page is http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Eleph...-4-333172.html

Thanks in advance. mt6592 to mt6592T with 2ghz speed would be awesome...

Comment

A friend of mine's been looking for a Kitkat ROM for his BLU Studio 5.0 II. I was wondering if it's feasible to do so assuming that BLU released sources to most of their devices, but I have a feeling this is more or less a long shot, and it ain't worth it as buying a phone with the MT6582 or higher would be a more sensible option:

BLU Studio 5.0 II,BLU,Studio 5.0 II,GSM,mobile,phone,cellphone,information,info,specs,specification,opinion,review

Comment

Working...
                              X