Mobileuncle MTK Tools expert advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobileuncle MTK Tools expert advice needed

I bought a Jiake N900W MTK6582 phone like the one in the link.

China-1 Stock | Buy JIAKE N900W 5.5inch MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz Smartphone 1GB+4GB 5.0MP Camera Android 4.2 3G/GPS - White online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Whilst it was in transit from China, I learned that **** had banned the sale of the Star N9500 model because it came with chinese malware that could not be uninstalled.

When it arrived I noted that there were quite a few Chinese apps installed and after uninstalling all those that I could easily do, there were some left, which were reported by a malware detection app that they were potentially dangerous.

So after a little searching, I found a JB 4.2.2 Custom ROM here.

All works well enough except for one rather major issue.

When making or receiving a call, whilst the other party can hear me fine, the volume coming from the inbuilt speaker next to my ear was so faint that even with complete silence it was difficult to hear them.

If I plugin headphones or put them on loudspeaker, I can hear them just fine.

I had used Mobileuncle tools for a few of the utilities that it possessed but after a lot of searching, I came across users of other chinese made phones with volume issues of all kinds.

On a few of the threads there were instructions on using mobileuncle tools to go into engineer mode and alter the variety of audio settings for any/all of the input/outputs.

Trying out what others had tried with various settings for their particular brand of phone, I was able to increase the volume but not to any extent that anybody would find even close to satisfactorily.

So I have a few questions to confirm that I am in the correct area for modifications.

Under the audio section there are categories for Normal Mode, Headset mode etc.

I am working under normal mode, where there are sub categories named:

Sip, Mic, Sph, Sph2, Sid and Media.

Mic would seem obvious as microphone.
    Media would seem to be for playback of music etc.

I'm not sure what Sip, Sph and Sid are though.

From what I have read, my understanding is that Sph is the area that is likely to control the internal earpiece/phone.

Am I correct in that assumption?
    Are there any others areas that I should also be making adjustments?

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

After trying many combinations at altering SPH settings, I could only get a small increase in volume.

In the end I flashed the original stock ROM from the geekbuying site, thinking that this should work correctly and then note all the settings from that.

Unfortunately, the stock ROM sound quality is also crap, so either it's just not a great phone or there is some kind of hardware issue.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

the volume increase in mobile uncle never really made much of a difference for me

Comment

Working...
      X