Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THL 5000 Review

THL 5000

First impressions are everything & the thl5000 has amazed me,The battery life for starters WOW 5days so far & still going 33% remaining.The phone seems to be well built & quite light in the hand & runs very fast no lock up's or reboots .Gps works well too, The camera is pretty damn good 13mp rear camera please see attached photo & 5mp front facing cam (The sample photos are from the rear camera)iv only had the phone just under a week so will add to this as & when i no more

Has anyone else got this phone & if so what do you think of this great device,,im thinking about rooting it but cant find a easy guide yet

specifications

Shell Material: Plastic

Style: Touch Screen Phone, Bar Phone

Color: White

CPU: Octa-core, MTK6592 Turbo

CPU Frequency: 2.0GHz

GPU: OpenGL ES 2.0, Mali-450 MP4

Screen Size: 5.0"

Brand: THL

ROM: 16GB

RAM: 2GB

3G: WCDMA 850MHz, WCDMA 2100MHz

2G: GSM 850MHz, GSM 900MHz, GSM 1800MHz, GSM 1900MHz

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels

Screen Type: FHD, IPS, OGS Full-Lamination, 1080P, Touch screen, Capacitive

Screen Material: TFT, Gorilla Glass 3

Multi-touch: Multi-touch

Battery: 5000mAh, 19.0Wh, Built-in Battery, Lithium, 3.8V

Unlocked: Yes (without contract)

Standby: 2 SIM 2 Standby

SIM Card: Standard SIM Card

Data Transfer: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, HSPA+

Storage: 32GB extended

Back Camera Megapixel: Back 13.0 MP

Front Camera Megapixel: Front 5.0 MP

Camera Functions: Panorama, Auto-focusing, Flashlight, Selfie, Face Recognition, Continuous shot, Zero Shutter,
    Facial Beautification

GPS: GPS, AGPS

Sensor: Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Compass

WIFI: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi hotspot

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0

Ports: Micro USB, 3.5mm Audio Jack, TF Card slot

Language: English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, German, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Greek, Portuguese, Afrikaans, Malay, Amharic, Indonesian, Catalonian, Czech, Danish, Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Dutch, Polish, Norwegian, Romanian, Romansh, Slovak, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali, Urdu

Installed Apps: Audio Player, Google Play Store, Google Map, Google Navigation, Email, Clock, Calendar,
    Calculator, Notebook, World Clock, Stopwatch, Browser, etc.

Other Feature: Pocket Mode, OTG, NFC, Message, VPN, Wifi Display, Scheduled Power On & Off, Sound Recorder, FM
    Radio, Quick Charge, Notification Led Light

Video Resolution: 720P, 1080P

Video Format: AVI, MP4, 3GP, MOV, MKV

Audio Format: WAV, MP3, AMR, MID, OGG

Picture Format: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG

E-book Format: TXT, CHM, UMD, PDF, Relevant app need to be download, etc

Package Content: 1 x OTG transverter, SD Card, 1 x Mobile Phone, 1 x Earphones, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x Battery, 1 x Charger NOTE: Right plug of adapter would be sent according to your shipping country, 1 x Protective Case, 1 x Protective PU Leather Case, 1 x Screen Protector, 1 x User Manual

Size 144.967 x 72.367 x 8.9 mm

Net weight 140g(with a battery)
    Last edited by blinkone; 04-01-2015, 18:15.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Sounds good, I have the thl 11 and like it a lot. Only downside seems to be lack of updates etc to firmware.

Brian
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Thank you for the review, me and a friend are thinking of getting one for ourselves but we have a few questions if you don't mind. You mentioned battery lasted for 5 days but didn't mention what kind of usage you were doing. How long does it last with intensive games ? Was it just browsing + wifi ? Or just phone calls....etc.
      Also how is the camera quality at night, or low light situations. Chineese phones tend to take great pictures in the outdoors, but perform poorly in regular conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
        Sounds good, I have the thl 11 and like it a lot. Only downside seems to be lack of updates etc to firmware.

Brian
        I almost brought the THL11 after reading your review on it (good review by the way a lot better than mine)Anyway i decided to wait for the THL5000 as it was about to be released for presale.As for rooting mine im very tempted to try the method you used on the THL11 (rootgenious) http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=817055 did you have to install any special drivers

Comment

Originally posted by 01101110110110 View Post
          Thank you for the review, me and a friend are thinking of getting one for ourselves but we have a few questions if you don't mind. You mentioned battery lasted for 5 days but didn't mention what kind of usage you were doing. How long does it last with intensive games ? Was it just browsing + wifi ? Or just phone calls....etc.
          Also how is the camera quality at night, or low light situations. Chineese phones tend to take great pictures in the outdoors, but perform poorly in regular conditions.
          Sorry about the missing details in my review but im happy to answer any questions you have.
          Iv played about 20 mins of games each day wifi has been on since day one with about 30 mins of web browsing each day also used the gps for about an hour witch finds the signal in less than 10 seconds,As for phone calls iv made a few test phone calls but not rely done much talk time sorry.I will take a few more test photos for you latter when it gets dark.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
            I almost brought the THL11 after reading your review on it (good review by the way a lot better than mine)Anyway i decided to wait for the THL5000 as it was about to be released for presale.As for rooting mine im very tempted to try the method you used on the THL11 (rootgenious) http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=817055 did you have to install any special drivers
            None that I remember, I did have ADB set-up, and now have drivers for flashing etc. Just found an update on needrom for the thl11 dated June 23 :-).

Brian
            900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
              None that I remember, I did have ADB set-up, and now have drivers for flashing etc. Just found an update on needrom for the thl11 dated June 23 :-).

Brian
              And you were saying there was no rom updates ,My guess is you will have a new rom on your device by the end of the day

Comment

Guilty, just checking a lightly reworked version ;-)
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Night time photos update

With night time photos the inbuilt camera app is USELESS... but all is not lost I downloaded another camera app (ProCapture 2 camera) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rocapture.full with this app the night time photos are good again theres only one photo worth uploading of the inbuilt camera app the rest i took are rubish cant even make out what the object is

1ST photo inbult camera app no other light source in the room

2ND photo (ProCapture 2 camera app) no other light source in the room

3RD photo outside almost dark dusk no flash no light source (ProCapture 2 camera app)

4TH photo same shot with flash (ProCapture 2 camera app)

Again I tried the 3rd & 4th photo with the inbuilt camera app,they were no good at all

So to conclude the inbuilt camera app is no good after dark with the inbuilt camera app the flash will only fire when you press the shutter so you cant see what your taking a photo of in the dark also it wont focus as it cant see the subject.With the (ProCapture 2 camera app) you can turn on the flash light so you can see what your taking a photo of.

Comment

Well I finely got the courage to have a go at rooting my device today,All went smooth no problems at all, I used the vroot method so im now rooted :-)...the next thing to do is a custom rom

Comment

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Comment

faded screen colours

Hi

This phone is great.
                        I followed TWRP recovery flash with root at XDA forum, worked great.
                        Also Gravity box works a treat.
                        My Batt has lasted 4days with fair amount of use.
                        Only one issue, the screen colours look very faded, others have reported this on some devices.
                        Does anyone have any information on this.

Would be good to get a fix or some clarification, maybe newer devices have different hardware?

Thanks, it is not a biggy, overall this phone really cranks!

Comment

KitKat 4.4.2 Stock Firmware v1.0.8 for THL 5000
                          FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.

Update file name: thl.5000.007D.20140830.KK.FHD.EN.COM.16P128_MT6592 T_V1.0.8
                          Archive size: 419 MB
                          Model: THL 5000 Smartphone, only 16P128 MT6592T

Config_version: V1.1.2
                          Platform: Mediatek MT6592T
                          Project: eastaeon92_wet_kk
                          Baseband: MT6592_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V34_P2_1_wg_n

Comment

New update available via OTA V1.1.0

Comment

the photo you have posted is taken by the phone ? it is so high-resolution photo ,
                              like it
                              like cheap tablets ,hopefully can see a lot of models

Comment

Working...
                              X