Ellephone P3000S RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellephone P3000S RileyROM 1.0

This ROM is based on official Ellephone firmware dated 1/20/15....as requested in the MTK Phones Wish List thread.

ROM Features

Rooted with Superuser (Koush)
    Debloat
    init.d and busybox support
    English as default language (full international support)
    Multi-User activated
    Auto install of apks in your external SD autoinstall folder
    Tweaks added to improve the likelihood of being able to write to SD
    CWM Recovery created with MTKDroidTool

Back Up NVRAM/IMEI
    Back up your NVRAM/IMEI data before flashing this ROM. You can easily do this by:

1. Turn your tablet off.
    2. Install the PDAnet app included in the ROM kit to install the drivers. (If you haven't done so yet)
    Open the flash tool on your Windows PC.
    4. Load the scatter file as prompted...it's in the RileyROM folder of the ROM kit.
    5. Uncheck everything from the list of files to flash except recovery.img.
    6. Browse by clicking the recovery.img line in the flash tool, and select CWM_Recovery.img.
    7. Click Download (with Download Only setting on the flash tool)
    8. Connect the USB to your tablet.
    9. When the flash has completed (a box will show up saying so), unplug the USB from your tablet.
    10. Hold the Vol+ button and press power. Your tablet will boot to CWM Recovery.
    11. Open the MTK Droid Tools app (located in the ROM kit).
    12. Connect USB to tablet and watch for your tablet info to populate on the MTK Droid Tool.

13. Click the IMEI/NVRAM button.
    14. Click Backup. (Your Backup will be in the Backup folder of the MTK Droid Tools folder.)
    15. Disconnect your USB when the backup is complete.
    16. Press the power button to reboot to system.

Now, the Flash Instructions
    1. Be sure you backed up your NVRAM/IMEI data above.

2. Open the flash tool.
    3. Click the Scatter-loading button and browse to the scatter file in the RileyROM folder.
    4. Select the desired EBR1 and EBR2 files for the user app space size you wish to create. They MUST MATCH.
    5. Use the Download Only mode.
    6. Turn the tablet off.
    7. Click the Download button.
    8. Connect the USB to your tablet.
    9. Watch the activity at the bottom of the screen.
    10 A green X will appear indicating you are done with the download.
    11. With the tablet off, hold the vol+ button and press power until the tablet powers up...you will go into recovery.
    12. Using the volume buttons and the power button navigate through recovery and do a "wipe/factory reset".
    13. Boot to system.
    14. Your tablet will boot to KitKat. Wait a few minutes for any apps to appear in the app drawer that you've placed in the autoinstall folder. (Be careful not to over use the autoinstall feature. This is for just a few necessary apps like a terminal or file explorer app. You can add the main Titanium app to autoinstall, but the key app won't work this way.)

Download v1.0

Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM projects.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Has anyone checked? All right?

Comment

Hello Randy

Since I own a P3000s as my primary phone, I just wanted to point out some problems with your flashing instructions.
      After step 6 remove the battery.
      Step 11 of the flash instructions will fail. The Elephone P3000s can only be entered into recovery mode from within
      the system ( MobileUncle or a reboot into recovery app ). I have never found a way to get around this.
      Also if CWM or TWRP is installed NVRAMBACKUP ( https://unite2customs.wordpress.com/...ackup-restore/ )
      is a sweet program wrote in Aroma format ( zip flash ). I would like to try this ROM if we can figure out how to get around the lack
      of power - volume up function.

Thanks for the hard work
      Last edited by 2CanSan; 02-07-2016, 12:31.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have one of these phones to test further. I wasn't aware that Ellephone has a different way of getting into flash mode.

If anyone has been able to get further than 2CanSan in the flashing process, please post.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

I advise to give up on Elephone. Junk it and take your loss.
          That company is out to keep pushing new versions, promising updates when people report problems
          but never delivering or giving support.
          You may go to their forum to verify my statements.
          Move on to other brands as I have. I am not recomendining any, all I can say is do your own search by checking out the brands.

Comment

Working...
          X