Elephone P5000 Blurred Camera Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elephone P5000 Blurred Camera Problem

My copy has the out of focus right hand side problem reported by various other owners on the official Elephone forum.
    I only got it mid July, but my supplier, Geekbuying is not now showing it as an available item (neither is Elephone).
    Geekbuying has suggested flashing ROM dated 20150310, which I cannot see listed in the Elephone forum, so I don`t know if I would waste my time by doing this as threads seem to suggest no other ROM eradicates the problem.
    Clearly, if this is the case and neither Geekbuying or Elephone has a replacement, the only option, apart from living with the problem, would seem to be to try to get a replacement camera and fit it myself (the youtube video shows replacement as straight forward)
    I know I would invalidate my guarantee by doing this, but can anybody offer an opinion on my best course of action - flash their ROM to test, see if I can source a replacement camera module, or live with it. If you think sourcing a module would be best do you have any ideas where I might get one (the Youtube video suggests it is a Sony IMX135, but searches I have undertaken have revealed nothing other than a Samsung galaxy S4 unit - I think(?), but the pictures of that one seem different from the pics on the video)
    I like the phone otherwise, but want all facilities working to get the best from it.
    Any and all help will be glady received.
    Regards
    Briandg

Well, after receiving no reponses to my query above, I finally obtained a replacement rear camera module from my supplier (geekbuying) to fit myself as I didn`t want to be without the phone for the 4+ weeks they advised it would take to get it back to me.
    I used the strip down tutorial from YouTube and managed to do the replacement without any problem.
    It would appear that the whole assembly is made by KLT and it uses a Sony IMX135 sensor.
    The transformation is incredible. Good quality images in reasonable light, though I suspect that the camera is a fixed F2.2 aperture (all my shot`s metadata report this) and none of the apps I have tried offer me an aperture control option, so poor light results in grainy pictures - what`s else is new with cheap smartphone cameras?
    If anybody else is still frustrated with image quality, I can recommend giving it a go, if you are as lucky as me it will transform the phone`s useability.
    Briandg

Comment

Working...
    X