how to unbrick mcx-1705ad headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to unbrick mcx-1705ad headunit

I hope I post it in the right topic since this is about my headunit (car audio device)
    My MCX-1705AD (Podofo but many brands are known) is having a bootloop, it wont start up.
    Booting to recovery is not possible via frontpanel so I did it with "COL0" testpoint on the mainboard.
    Then it shows "no command" screen and from there I grounded the "PWR" testpoint (frontpanel again don't work)
    It took me a few days to figure out how to boot into recovery but again a problem; the only 2 options here are "reboot system now" and "apply update from adb".
    But ADB via usb is not possible, the 3 ports on the device acts like HOSTS so my PC doesn't sense any USB device (tried windows and ubuntu).
    On the PCB there are not labeled testpoints like D+ or DP only RX and TX, RX1 TX1 RX2 TX2 I connected to a PL2303 USB stick (rx to tx, tx to rx and gnd), of course with the proper drivers but only gives errors in SPflashtool. Am I out of options now?
    Some info about the device:
    It's 1 DIN car stereo with flip-screen, type MCX-1705AD, PCB labeled as MCX-1704 and frontpanel PCB MCX-1703...
    Firmwarefile from seller is labeled as A2098
    Processor Mediatek MT8127a

More info http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?id=1770-bc17-d896-7aa80033c587

Originally posted by K0EN1E View Post
    I hope I post it in the right topic since this is about my headunit (car audio device)
    My MCX-1705AD (Podofo but many brands are known) is having a bootloop, it wont start up.
    Booting to recovery is not possible via frontpanel so I did it with "COL0" testpoint on the mainboard.
    Then it shows "no command" screen and from there I grounded the "PWR" testpoint (frontpanel again don't work)
    It took me a few days to figure out how to boot into recovery but again a problem; the only 2 options here are "reboot system now" and "apply update from adb".
    But ADB via usb is not possible, the 3 ports on the device acts like HOSTS so my PC doesn't sense any USB device (tried windows and ubuntu).
    On the PCB there are not labeled testpoints like D+ or DP only RX and TX, RX1 TX1 RX2 TX2 I connected to a PL2303 USB stick (rx to tx, tx to rx and gnd), of course with the proper drivers but only gives errors in SPflashtool. Am I out of options now?
    Some info about the device:
    It's 1 DIN car stereo with flip-screen, type MCX-1705AD, PCB labeled as MCX-1704 and frontpanel PCB MCX-1703...
    Firmwarefile from seller is labeled as A2098
    Processor Mediatek MT8127a

More info http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?id=1770-bc17-d896-7aa80033c587
    Hi buddy, trying the same, did you get any output on this as of now?

Regards,
    Nasaka Smith
    Forum is Love

Comment

No, have plans to remove the coreboard wich runs android and replace it with raspberry PI. Nice project these days!

Comment

You can use MTK droid tool Windows-application to unbrick Mediatek smartphones.

Comment

My good friend is just doing such things, I will advise him to join the forum or let him tell me his opinion!

Comment

Working...
          X