X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MT8752/6752 IMEI backup

Hello again.

What I'm about to explain is out of Fraggel 's (spanish jiayu.es administrator) mind....he is a very clever mind, and respected one here in spain.

He has developed a very useful tool for jiayu phones...installing TWRP/CWM, root, downloading ROMS and BACKUP/RESTORE IMEI.

I just used it to install TRWP and to backup the IMEI of my new Jiayu S3 2Gb (what a machine!!! It's wonderful.)

After a PM conversation he suggested me trying the following for others MT8752/6752 devices:

-Root (as always)
    -Install Busybox, making sure you select the "cp" (copy ) command.
    -Just via ADB or using Terminal (from Play Store), do the following...(I did it via Android Terminal Emulator)

su
    busybox cp /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001 /storage/sdcard0/BackupIMEI.bak

So, in this way a BackupIMEI.bak will be created at the ROOT of the internal SDCARD. The destination may vary from this to /sdcard/, /storage/sdcard/....whatever information your file explorer shows you of your target destination.

And It works. I asked him about the precision of this method and he replied that it's just what I needed in order to rest asure..

The restoration process should be:

su
    busybox cp /storage/sdcard0/BackupIMEI.bak /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001

See you Guys.

Comment

Already done this 2 months ago with MTK Droid Tools.
      Not MP0B_001 is the real problem with NVRAM
      Beside that MP0B_001 file is a lot of files there on NVRAM partition
      Click image for larger version

Name:	NVRAM_All.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	437498 MP0B_001 file is here too Click image for larger version

Name:	NVRAM_MP0B_001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	437499
      In fact that MP0B file could be created with a lot of tools available already with your IMEI stored under your Google Dashboard/Devices in 2 min.
      That was checked by me and working just great link
      TWRP is usefull since backup/recover all files in one single step from NVRAM,
      If you want to change your IMEI temporary just go under Engineering menu (dial *#*#3646633#*#*) and:
      Go to Connectivity/CDS Information/Radio Information/Phone 1.
      At the top is a AT+ prompt enter:
      AT +EGMR=1,7,”##########…” where ########… is your 15 digits IMEI (is a space after the AT and would not take the command without it.)
      Press “Send AT Command”, reboot tablet and dial *#06# to see your new T98 IMEI.
      Be aware at your country laws when changing MTK based devices IMEI...Big Brother will be unhappy.
      Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Edius View Post
        Already done this 2 months ago with MTK Droid Tools.
        Not MP0B_001 is the real problem with NVRAM
        Beside that MP0B_001 file is a lot of files there on NVRAM partition
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10899[/ATTACH] MP0B_001 file is here too [ATTACH=CONFIG]10900[/ATTACH]
        In fact that MP0B file could be created with a lot of tools available already with your IMEI stored under your Google Dashboard/Devices in 2 min.
        That was checked by me and working just great link
        TWRP is usefull since backup/recover all files in one single step from NVRAM,
        If you want to change your IMEI temporary just go under Engineering menu (dial *#*#3646633#*#*) and:
        Go to Connectivity/CDS Information/Radio Information/Phone 1.
        At the top is a AT+ prompt enter:
        AT +EGMR=1,7,”##########…” where ########… is your 15 digits IMEI (is a space after the AT and would not take the command without it.)
        Press “Send AT Command”, reboot tablet and dial *#06# to see your new T98 IMEI.
        Be aware at your country laws when changing MTK based devices IMEI...Big Brother will be unhappy.
        Simple as that.
        You're a MAACHIIINEEE!!!! Edius

so, apart from backuping MP0B_001 file, (seems esay) what needs to be backuped..? Is there then a working method?

The temporal solution is good to get by, but I think a whole backup of NVRAM would be better...But, is it possible to be done?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by flux1000 View Post
          so, apart from backuping MP0B_001 file, (seems esay) what needs to be backuped..? Is there then a working method?

The temporal solution is good to get by, but I think a whole backup of NVRAM would be better...But, is it possible to be done?

Thanks in advance
          Yes, create a full backup with TWRP (or partial -NVRAM only) and restore that partition only in emergency situations.

Comment

Hi,

I have no issues whatsoever and the root works 100%! I also managed to backup imei/nvram with mtk droid tools and its success too. However, when I got up to step no.8 for flashing the rileyrom v1.6, nothing happens at all. No indication of files being moved as nothing is happening at all at the bottom of the Flash Tool. Tried many times not working at all.

Can somebody point me what I might have done wrong here? Many many thanks in advance. I was from stock rom v1.0 and upgraded to v1.1.0.

Comment

Hi,
              I need help to flash CWM. I have rooted my Teclast P98 3G and backup the IMEI/NVAM. My ultimate objective is to increase the user space partition. Before I do that I want to back up my current rom. So I downloaded rileyrom from here. Attempted to flash and had an issue with the pmt frile from the rom. I managed to create a new scatter file for my tablet and resolved the problem. Continue to flash the recovery file and downloaded/flashed sucessfuly.
              However when I boot the tablet to recovery (volume+ & power at the same time), I could only boot to stock recovery, not CWM recovery. I did this a few times with riley's CWM Recovery image and still get the same result.
              Is there something that I am missing or the so-called cem recovery file is in fact the stock recovery??
              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X