Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OGS or IGZO

Originally posted by apokit View Post
    Lepi i flashed this rom to my white 16Gb tablet with serial number 1425 and everything seems to work very good.....i dont have any problem with touch screen!!!!

Thanks!
    Can you tell us which screen you have. Is it OGS or IGZO screen. OGS screen should be totally black and IGZO is more gray. Here are some pictures (link). I'm not sure but there may be screen manufactuer's name in last_kmsg file. I think that if the screen is OGS the manufactuer should be LG lp097qx2 like in iPads. iPads uses OGS screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
      Can you tell us which screen you have. Is it OGS or IGZO screen. OGS screen should be totally black and IGZO is more gray. Here are some pictures (link). I'm not sure but there may be screen manufactuer's name in last_kmsg file. I think that if the screen is OGS the manufactuer should be LG lp097qx2 like in iPads. iPads uses OGS screen.
      I think that my screen is totally black(ogs?) but i am not sure about that......

Comment

I think that my screen is totally black(ogs?) but i am not sure about that......
        If you are rooted you can download terminal emulator and type there
        Code:
        su
        cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
        Then you can check last_kmsg.txt file. If there is "it6151_lp079qx2_edp_dsi_video" or "it6151_lp097qx2_edp_dsi_video" I think you have OGS. But if it is something else I believe you have IGZO.

Comment

Lepi after flashing this rom and tested it for 24 hours i had the feelling that it isnt as smooth as my previous rom(1.8 from supersport)
          After installing a script from xda that turns the rom from deodexed to odexed i think that the rom now is as smooth as 1.8 supersport.
          Do you think that this is real or it is a placebo effect?

Comment

AW: Cube Talk9x U65GT_V2.0_en_mod_Lepi_20141206 for CWM or TWRP

Lepi after flashing this rom and tested it for 24 hours i had the feelling that it isnt as smooth as my previous rom(1.8 from supersport)
            After installing a script from xda that turns the rom from deodexed to odexed i think that the rom now is as smooth as 1.8 supersport.
            Can you tell us which script you used. I think, odexing the ROM will improve the performance as system applications will get loaded quicker. I have also upgraded from supersport 1.8 to lepi 2.0 and if I can improve the already fast tablet, I will do.

Comment

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...?t=2527268This is the xda thread my friend.Use it and then please write if you see any difference......

Comment

Apokit, Can you please check what screen you have? Mikbe found out that you can check it easily with MTK Droid Tool when you are rooted. Download MTK Droid Tool (link). Then open it and plug your tablet to PC in USB debugging mode. Then check "LCD Driver IC". If you can do this then tell us what is written there.

Comment

Apokit, Can you please check what screen you have? Mikbe found out that you can check it easily with MTK Droid Tool when you are rooted. Download MTK Droid Tool (link). Then open it and plug your tablet to PC in USB debugging mode. Then check "LCD Driver IC". If you can do this then tell us what is written there.
                  I don't have access to a Windows PC during the next two weeks as I'm out of office and only have a Linux PC at home. I already checked the last_kmsg.text file, but I didn't found any video related entry there. Any other way to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by JoLander View Post
                    I don't have access to a Windows PC during the next two weeks as I'm out of office and only have a Linux PC at home. I already checked the last_kmsg.text file, but I didn't found any video related entry there. Any other way to find out?
                    I think that MTK Droid Tool is only way to know for sure. But you can always try to identify that is your screen black (OGS) or little bit gray (IGZO). Here are some pictures to help you:

Comment

I don`t know. I modify the application so they deodex. If you do not like, do ODEX. I do not care. Mythical smoothness in what measure?
                      videoTutor1 videoTutor2 videoTutor3 videoTutor4 videoTutor5 videoTutor6
                      TWRP_2.8.1.0
                      TWRP_2810_newTheme TWRP_2.8.5.0
                      PayPal donate WMID410517421626

Comment

Can you please check what screen you have? Mikbe found out that you can check it easily with MTK Droid Tool when you are rooted. Download MTK Droid Tool (link). Then open it and plug your tablet to PC in USB debugging mode. Then check "LCD Driver IC". If you can do this then tell us what is written there.
                        I have two black 32Gb tablet - a new (after 26 weeks) and old (up to 26 weeks of release). In both plates the same result. it6151_ip079qx2_edp_dsi_video. Although the old plate previously suffered from the first firmware version 2. He died touch screen.
                        Last edited by Lepi; 12-20-2014, 04:43. Reason: 32
                        TWRP_2.8.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Lepi View Post
                          I have two black 32Gb tablet - a new (after 26 weeks) and old (up to 26 weeks of release). In both plates the same result. it6151_ip079qx2_edp_dsi_video. Although the old plate previously suffered from the first firmware version 2. He died touch screen.
                          Can you answer these questions, please?
                          - Can you confirm that both tablets uses OGS screen?
                          - Can you tell us which batch tablets are from? (For example mine is 1430)
                          - Does both of your tablets work with V2.0 firmware NOW (your own mod or stock)? I assume that you got your old tablet back.

LP097QX2 is for sure OGS but I'm not sure anymore what LP079QX2 is...
                          Last edited by Vohukain; 12-20-2014, 07:26.

Comment

Can you answer these questions, please?
                            - Can you confirm that both tablets uses OGS screen?
                            - Can you tell us which batch tablets are from? (For example mine is 1430)
                            - Does both of your tablets work with V2.0 firmware NOW (your own mod or stock)? I assume that you got your old tablet back.

LP097QX2 is for sure OGS but I'm not sure anymore what LP079QX2 is...
                            1. I do not know (OGS or not). I did not try to separate the touch screen of the display. The display is good.
                            2. Old tablet has a serial number U65GT32GB1423 +++++++.
                            3. The new tablet has a serial U65GT32GB1433 +++++++
                            4. In the old tablet I flashed my mod 1.8.5 White. On the new tablet I first flashed my mod 2.0, now back to 1.8.7 White
                            TWRP_2.8.1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Lepi View Post
                              3. The new tablet has a serial U65GT32GB1433 +++++++
                              4. ...On the new tablet I first flashed my mod 2.0, now back to 1.8.7 White
                              I own the same tablet (32gb) from the same production week (1433). Why are you moved back from 2.0 to 1.8?
                              What exactly do you mean with '1.8.7 White'?

Comment

Originally posted by JoLander View Post
                                I own the same tablet (32gb) from the same production week (1433). Why are you moved back from 2.0 to 1.8?
                                What exactly do you mean with '1.8.7 White'?
                                Because I have not yet made a white 2.0. I still fix bugs white interface. Has not yet finished. Much work with the white theme.
                                TWRP_2.8.1.0

Comment

Working...
                                X