Cube T9 64bit octacore A53 4G beast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tablet is good and OK for my need.
    Recently I have rooted it with TWRP, add ram expander, play xcom game and no problem.
    One day its start to restart randomly.
    As usual I flash the stock ROM with SPFT back to 1.08 with clean install and it still restarting.
    Try to downgrade to 1.07 and still the same.
    Try it with stock scatter, 6, 8 GB still no change.
    The symptom is :
    -random restart
    -when restart it get bootlooping
    -even its restarting in the TWRP recovery menu
    -its restarting under stock recovery menu
    -it will get in to the OS if I push the power button during the restart
    Have been try to reflash the ROM several time but no luck.
    One day when its restarting, accidentally I punch the up volume button and its get in to the recovery menu.
    Combination of power button and up volume is a way to get into recovery menu.
    Somehow this is maybe problem with the power button, I don't think its physically broken.
    But it maybe randomly sending false signal telling the tablet to restart over and over again.
    As I browse the net, found many cases of android problem with the power button.
    Even famous brand like samsung, nexus, motorolla, got this cases.
    For me its bad luck to have this problem, may be somehow I got the power button disturbed when carrying it in the bag.

There should be a way to remap these button or maybe flashing these button to work as default again.
    Today I restart the tablet and do following:
    - push the power button when restarting the tablet, you may do this repeatedly.
    - when it is get in to the home screen keep punch the power button repeatedly
    -do this and you will see power off and restart menu and screen blink at every punch
    -do this several time constantly and keep the rhythm. I did it for one minute.
    -in my last experiment I ended the punch with setting the display to never sleep
    -I leave the tablet for 3 hours and its not restarting.
    -then I wrote this to share in here, you guys might have another solution for this beast.
    And still not restarting when typing this post.

Thanks

Comment

Effinelus...
      Last edited by Effinelus; 12-08-2015, 19:12.
      Cube T9 - Build v1.08 - OS v4.4.4 KitKat - Rooted.
      LG G4 - OS v6.0 Marshmallow.
      Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 i5 - Windows 10

Comment

I try it ones more.
        Can somebody help/share idea how to replace touch panel?
        I broke it, ordered new one, but didnt find any youtubu howto.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by prague77 View Post
          I try it ones more.
          Can somebody help/share idea how to replace touch panel?
          I broke it, ordered new one, but didnt find any youtubu howto.

Thanks
          Try here

Comment

Originally posted by devilz-wolit View Post
            Ohyeah. I almost forgot that post. Thanks!

Comment

I think we have to open back but then work with the hot air from the front TO REMOVE it FROM THE BEZEL, I have the doubt how to operate on the screen connector , somebody can help me? ,I have the same problem of prague 77, before order the NEW part I WANT SAFETY REMOVE IT . THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by prague77 View Post

Ohyeah. I almost forgot that post. Thanks!

Was you successfully in screen replacement? Have you some suggestion?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n567749[/ATTACH]

I replaced the screen on my t9, I am sharing some suggestions , please follow and use pictures of this post http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-...185#post405185 it give me the courage to open the tablet as some video of cube t9 e talk 9x on YouTube.

Take note of this integration because this is not just to remove the mat foil:

Buy a repair kit tools on aliexpress.(with vacuum cup for accurate positioning the screen without touch with fingers)
                  Buy magnifier glass to study and to reposition correctly all connectors or parts you unglue
                  See youtube videos to understand how to remove glued screen or disconnect differents plugs of flat cables( i.eulefone be touch dismount )
                  Make pictures step by step to be able to perfectly go back
                  Make gentle every action ( I am a mechanic not familar with elettronics )
                  The assembling of the different parts is made with glue and various tapes; unglue and untape carefully in order to be able to use again the tape leaflet.

To replace screen digitizer :
                  The target is to access to its connector that is on the main board, when you open the back cover you unfortunately discover that is positioned opposite so we have to operate to allow turnirng the main board.

1) unglue tape and metal tape(or better unscrew when the is the screw that hold it to the ext frame) and remove them in order to be able unglue and remove battery from the metal frame and then make free flat cable of LCD ,speaker section and antenna ( is there a video on cube t9x that show to use a plastic blade to cut glue that hold the battery to the frame).

Following the other post: post405185:
                  2) unglue the wifi and gps antenna and LTE antenna plastic case as well the tape the fix it to the frame (see my picture)
                  3) unlock the front camera sensor from the clip on the plastic frameframe after having removed the LTE antenna
                  4) remove the aluminum frame with the buttons and the very carefully unglue the trhee buttons circuit board and make than free respect the frame.
                  5) remove the main board two screws, remember these are different from the other (one bigger top, and one longer then others)

at this point you can rise up the main board and rotate it in order to disconnect the three flat cable and the antenna plug.

now you can remove together battery and the main board from the tablet body

turn and put on a soft foam support the" frame \lcd\screen" assembly with screen facing to you ( take care opposite to not damage anything )

now proceed to replace digitizer screen , use only plastic lever and shims (fidelity cards are perfect) and hot air ,there is the very thin bezel plastic edge close the glass to not damage.(study YouTube videos)

flat cable of the digitizer goes out trough its on windows in the main frame

before mounting the new screen I suggest to remove the mate plastic film as for the post I indicated in the beginning."post405185".

do all last operations taking care to not dirt with fingers or damage with the plastic blades ,or overheat the LCD screen .

Once mounted the new screen , test it before pack everything together once you have reconnected the main board..

I ordered a white screen (27eur ) the vendors says was for T9 ,it works but sizes are smaller of 4mm.now I have an undesired 2mm black bezel I think is for the talk9x, chip number is the same but buy onlythe black one asking if its perfectly fit to cube t9 only.(T9 was sold only black screen bezel)

I hope this guide will be useful to somebody as the forum is useful for me.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 13 photos.
                  Last edited by dannypipo; 04-18-2016, 23:38.

Comment

Good job.
                    It's not something i would domyself because i would mess it up myself. f

Comment

I guess I can say that this tablet falls into the obsolete category for me.
                      i am a big fan of the game Skyforce a shut em up type game.

A new version is out called skyforce reloaded and it cannot be installed on the T9 because it requires lollipop.

Cube I am done with you.
                      I now need to find a new tablet with lollipop with a firm update plan to marshmallow.
                      Last edited by hammerjoe; 06-04-2016, 15:13.

Comment

Still using my T9 ..not a gamer, so no big thing there.

Still it is a shame really for a company to build such a quality product like the T9, and then not continue support. I agree.

They could so easily build a T9e ...make the OS upgrades and improve certain areas a bit, and many, many would flock to it.

I was just looking at a Teclast Tbook 10 and it really looks interesting, until I realize how much wider the case is than my trusty T9. Over a half inch wider ...can't bear it.

Most everyone is deserting the 4/3 format, and going for the PLANK look ...wide screen format. 😰

Sad!
                        Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Miracast Dongle

Greetings.

1. Has anyone tried the T9 with a miracast dongle?
                          2. Is 1080/60p supported? If not what's the maximun resolution supported?
                          3. Is there audio on TV during video playback using miracast mode?

Many thanks and best regards,

Comment

Hi, my son broke the digitizer, where I can buy a replacement!?, on aliexpress only have white and on actablet are run out of stock.
                            Thanks in advanced

Comment

Ask to this dealer if the Black shown fit to t9  ,the White is smaller of 3 mm I did but I Discover that was smaller . . Ask also to this dealer socube, the original one was sold at 45/50 dollar . I PAID ONLY 27 IT WORKS PERFECTLY  BUT WAS SMALLER OF 3MM EACH SIDEW
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X