Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! How to Root Teclast T98 4G. Chip MT8752 (same that MT6752 but for tablets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! How to Root Teclast T98 4G. Chip MT8752 (same that MT6752 but for tablets)

Hello everyone.
    First of all, sorry for my english,..you know, we, people from Spain are always troubling with this one.

I've recently buyed a Teclast T98 4G, which I'm really impressed with...Antutu 5.5 39500, and very very fluid, no LAG at all, 4G and GPS really working, battery 10 hours under wifi usage, NO grainy screen ...On the whole, from my POV is by far a much better tablet than the Cube U65GT.

I'll do a review and I'll post it here (although the video will be in spanish, I'll do my best translating it and writing it down for the post. You'll find it very helpful, or I hope so).

ROOT
    , this is the real problem. As the MT8752 (for tablets)and the MT6752 (the same as MT8752 but for phones instead of tablets) are very recent chip there is not much information about these babies.

So, is there anyine out there that knows how to root it? I've tried the usual stuff...root genius, towelroot, SRS root, Irrot (formerly vroot), King root, framaroot,...with no success.

Please help!!! any hint will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, guys...

Do you have a cube U65GT that you mentioned?
    Otherwise you simply can't say that!

In any case, U65GT is a model 6 months older than yours...

how about build quality?

NOTE: also cube u65gt can do 10 hours in wi-fi with display always on (10.000mAh). Teclast T98 with a 8500mAh battery only, I thought could reach 8h of battery life, are you sure about the 10h you said?
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Yeah, I've used the Cube for several days, as a friend of mine bought it and told me to "fix" a couple of things,..root, chrome,..you know , the fix that this site shares ..

I like very much (very, very much) the Cube U65Gt, baut i like most this one, sorry but it's wonderful,..you'll see, I promise.

Comment

thanks for your feedback.

In theory cube T9 should be even better with its bigger battery...

Note that I love my U65GT and I do not need to switch to another one for now and next future, but thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          thanks for your feedback.

In theory cube T9 should be even better with its bigger battery...

Note that I love my U65GT and I do not need to switch to another one for now and next future, but thanks for sharing your experience.
          Yes, that was my first option, but teh cube T9 misses de 3G 900 mhz band, and for me it's absolutely necessary, as not everywhere there is 3G 2100mhz coverage..Spain is a bit special in this matter.

Anyway, root is still a necessity for this tablet to be almost perfect...

Help!

Comment

Did you try flashing TWRP recovery to install supersu binaries?
            I suppose it could work...

Comment

Hello again giouncino,...I've read many post from you (I consider you as a advanced user at least) , so I think you can give me a few hints or guidelines about how to install TWRP, in this tablet. A link of anything would be very much appeciated...

I already have SuperSu 2.02.zip ready to be installed with CWM recovery, It could be the one you're telling me, isn't it?

Thanks in advance, giouncino

Comment

Being in the market again for a new tab, I have looked at Teclast ...but more toward the Air II, to experience Windows 8.1 on a 9.7".

The only reservation I have with Teclast as a brand is some of the comments I have read about QC not being there as it should be, and tabs getting out that have problems.

Time will tell, but I will be watching this thread to see how yours holds up.

Chime in with pluses or minuses regarding Teclast, please. It was the first China brand I bought long ago from China ..but gosh ..it was so slow, and QC was not good at all back then!
                Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

flux1000,
                  First of all connect the tablet to the PC in complete off condition and install the driver (you can find the correct driver in any custom rom for the cube talk 9x like this one: http://www.freak-tab.de/900superspor...0903_900SS.zip).

After that DISCONNECT the tablet from the PC.

TWRP recovery can be found here:
                  Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

I hope SP_flashtool works for Teclast T98 or cube T9 too (as It was designed for MT8392 and MT6592, unfortunately I cannot be sure because I do not have any T98 to test with!). Make a search and try to see if there is an SP_flashtool for MT8752 too...

To make SP_flashtool working you need a scatter file too, this file can be found in any of the cube talk 9x custom rom.

extract the recovery.img and flash it through SP_flashtool (set in DOWNLOAD ONLY, and flash recovery ONLY!).
                  Press "downolad" then connect the tablet (in complete OFF state) to the PC. It will suddenly flash TWRP recovery

ALL the previous part has NEVER BEEN TESTED on a teclast T98 so, I can only SUPPOSE that T98 has the same SW structure of other Mediatek produced by cube...

After flashing, switch on the tablet in recovery mode (press power button + Volume+) and install supersu.zip (now is available 2.40 version).

This is what is normally done to root MT8392 devices, you can do some experiments to see if can be used for your device too...
                  good luck!

Comment

First of all, THANK YOU, very much, this has helped me verY much, giouncino!!!

There is an official ROM released, here is the link:

http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php entering C6R2 as model number.

I already have the preloader VCOM driver for the SP Flash tools installed, ...from previous SP FT uses, with my Chuwi VX8.

There is a SPTools v5.1436.0 inside the Official Teclast T98 ROM package, as well as a MT6752_Android_scatter.txt and a preloader_htt8752_tb_kk.bin, but I don't think this one is ROOTED.

So, do you agree these should be the steps for the tablet to be rooted? Becuase I'm going to give a try...

0)To copy SuperSU.zip into the root of the internal SD card, as I'll extract the Ext SD card.
                    1)Install preloader driver in my Win7 ( done!)
                    2)Run SPFlash Tools with the tablet OFF and disconnected
                    3)Load MT6752_Android_scatter.txt
                    4)Load the recovery.img (extracted from the TWRP.zip) into the SP Flash Tool, and ONLY the recovery, and nothing else. Set in Download only. I read this one...

5)Click "download" in SP Flash Tools, having selected only the "recovery" option.
                    6)Plug the Tablet in Turned OFF mode.Wait for the tablet to be recognised by SPFlash Tools, and to Flash the TWRP.
                    7)Boot in Recovery mode (power button + Volume+) and install SuperSU 2.40 binaries.
                    8)Optional install mobileuncle tools to backup IMEI and the other stuff.

Are these the right steps? If you think these are the right ones, I'll go ahead!!!
                    Please tell me something ;-)...just waiting your advice...under my responsability, of course...

Bye.
                    Last edited by flux1000; 12-28-2014, 20:48.

Comment

I totally agree, these steps sounds good to me!
                      good luck again!

Comment

I did what I wrote but SP Flash Tools couldn't install TWRP, instead, it returned ERROR 4008.

I'm afraid the TWRP here https://yadi.sk/d/wV_1hiIlcjfmg isn't the right one for Teclast T98.
                        I was able to install thee original recovery.img without any problem, as it was inside the downloaded Original ROM..at least It didn't brick...

What do you think It should be my next attempt? another TWRP? ...CWM?

I'm a bit lost, I'm afraid.

Comment

You can try to ask the user lepi to modify TWRP to make it compatible with your tablet.
                          Send him a private message, I'm sure if he can he will help you!

I think it could be only a problem relevant to the header of that file, I suppose that somewhere in the TWRP is written "u65gt" and SP_flashtool do a check of that before flashing...

Comment

Hi

I'm afraid Lepi is overloaded rigt now,...but as It's Christmas time , there is still aray of light,..and It well could be the definitive one..rrileypm

I'm very excited about this one!!!

Comment

Hey, I've read something about z4root app (mobile) and MT8752 in a chinese forum...
                              You could try this app too waiting for a suitable TWRP recovery image.

Comment

Working...
                              X