Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! How to Root Teclast T98 4G. Chip MT8752 (same that MT6752 but for tablets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flux1000 View Post
    Ok, finally I dared to install the rooted ROM available on the BBS Teclast, and i works...It's rooted!!! My Teclast T98 has ROOT access at last!!!

I had ROM V 1.08 installed, and this ROM is the same but rooted, so i only had to install "system.img" through SP Flash Tools...

This my upload to MEGA of this ROM.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

The ROM is Debloated, but I'm afraid the dev also erased the phone app icon, so or you use another launcher where the icon appears or you use another phone app from Play Store, for example.

I've replaced the superuser inside with the SuperSU from Play Store...with no problem at all.

It comes to my mind that this could be also helpful for other MT8752 tablet such as the Cube T9, in order to get root...THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS , PLEASE HAVE A LOOK!!!

I'm very pleased with this ROM, apart from the phone icon bug.

BYE.
    if i install this with your instructions then my old rom rom will be wipedor not? i have many applications already installed

Comment

Originally posted by damianssj661 View Post
      if i install this with your instructions then my old rom rom will be wipedor not? i have many applications already installed
      I didn't lost anything but the bloatware that was desinstallled with the update...;-)

Comment

You mean that all my aplications that i have installed will be not deleted?

When I try to connect to sp flash tool there is an error saying that I need to chooose scatter file. After I do this it says that the name od scatter file is not legal.
        Could you help me, please?

Comment

Sorry but I don't have any. It starts, asks for scatter, then I load it and later on I download the system.img file without a hitch...

Run it as administrator...this is my scatter,...as is from the rooted ROM

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please, reply with news...;-)
          Last edited by flux1000; 01-26-2015, 18:12.

Comment

Latest News. 29/11/15
            Updated to v1.09 via SP Flash Tools , downloaded from Teclast site...

http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php (input C6R2 model)

Upon reboot, cleaned Internal Storage (internal SD), updated via OTA, a very small update, and after this ROOTED SUCCESSFULLY with VRoot_1.8.0.12451_Setup.exe !!!!!!

I don't need anymore rely on third party ROMs from chinese users.

Be confident, I had no IMEI issues at all !!!!!!!, everything works fine!!!

Comment

very good, now this teclast device can be rooted easily as Cube T9!
              if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Hi Guys,

What system do you use(win 7, 8, 32/64bit)? I downloaded firmware 4 times and every time I turn on SP flash tool from package I get the message that mtk_allinone is not appropiate.
                I downloaded SP flash tool from other site and it works but give message that scatter file is not correct... Do you have any idea what can I do?
                I have teclast t98 C6R2(there is also R3 version), win 8 64bit and no idea what's going on

Comment

nice greetings from Croatian
                  First, sorry for my poor and proavopisa, I use google translate
                  I hope that can be comprehended.

I am also today I order the Teclast T98 4G
                  so I hope it will arrive in 15-20 days ..
                  This will be my first tablet, after my laptop has already come to an end; ((
                  FROM MediaTec I used a couple of cell phones Newman N1, 2 pieces,
                  now I have one year to Oneplus One mobile phone
                  So I have decided for this Tablet, Nako I'm a little research (read) reviews on forums,
                  At first I thought 9X, so I then read about 9T, and I almost can I order, but when I
                  see how many users with the problem of the screen, then I gave up and made a decision to T98
                  So that, say hi when we arrive T98,
                  FORGIVE AND THE DEBT percent.
                  GREETINGS

Comment

Originally posted by damianssj661 View Post
                    Hi Guys,

What system do you use(win 7, 8, 32/64bit)? I downloaded firmware 4 times and every time I turn on SP flash tool from package I get the message that mtk_allinone is not appropiate.
                    I downloaded SP flash tool from other site and it works but give message that scatter file is not correct... Do you have any idea what can I do?
                    I have teclast t98 C6R2(there is also R3 version), win 8 64bit and no idea what's going on
                    I'm using win 7 64 bits, and it works flawlessly...

This an upload of the ROM yo my MEGA account...IT WORKS!!!

First of all, once uncompressed, don't forget to remove (change for other) any chinese character..3 folders and one executable file name (the one of the very flashstool.exe itself).

Here I posted the steps for rooting (in Spanish as I'm from Spain)

If It doesn't work try another pc/laptop with winxp/win7, ...It should be a driver problem.

Bye

Comment

Originally posted by glogi View Post
                      nice greetings from Croatian
                      First, sorry for my poor and proavopisa, I use google translate
                      I hope that can be comprehended.

I am also today I order the Teclast T98 4G
                      so I hope it will arrive in 15-20 days ..
                      This will be my first tablet, after my laptop has already come to an end; ((
                      FROM MediaTec I used a couple of cell phones Newman N1, 2 pieces,
                      now I have one year to Oneplus One mobile phone
                      So I have decided for this Tablet, Nako I'm a little research (read) reviews on forums,
                      At first I thought 9X, so I then read about 9T, and I almost can I order, but when I
                      see how many users with the problem of the screen, then I gave up and made a decision to T98
                      So that, say hi when we arrive T98,
                      FORGIVE AND THE DEBT percent.
                      GREETINGS
                      Hello glogi

It seems like you got your message across very well. Google translator did its job very well indeed.

You are welcome to post in this wonderful forum, everybody will do their best.

Bye.

Comment

Flux you are awsome!
                        It was all about chinesse name in files and folders. After I changed names it started to work. I lost my applications but I am very happy that I have root.
                        Greetings and thank you

Comment

Today I got the Teclast T98 4G
                          I gave up orders with Banggood, and commissioned with chinistore.com.
                          looks powerful and well.
                          I plan to read in detail this topic! removed all drivers to take root
                          tablets, and put last SW.
                          I do not have experience with the procedure, so we advice each well it come! ; (
                          Is there a step by step instruction?

Comment

I posted a new ROM for the T98 here... http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=289535

It is still untested, though.

It has the usual RileyROM stuff. First Time Users Guide included. I will make a new thread once I get confirmation that everything works.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

OK. I will wait for detailed instructions.
                              (in English)

you actually need to do first?
                              root tablet? or installed last firmware, and then take root?

ps:
                              I think I made RooT with VrooT

Now what?

Last edited by glogi; 03-10-2015, 18:27.

Comment

@ Flux1000
                                Pokušao sam preko Google Translator prijevod Kineski upute uključene u ovaj
                                koji je postavljen @ rrileypm Rom. 600mb sam došao do stepenica (točka 5) (citat) 5. Kliknite na alat Preuzimanje Agent nadogradnju (prikazan ispod crveni gumb okvir), Prozor programa će se pojaviti odaberite datoteku, a zatim pronađite i odaberite "MTK_AllInOne_DA_ori.bin" datoteku i otvorite skočni mapu, kao što je prikazano u nastavku: ( kraj citat) slike fotografije s kineskim upute To je mjesto gdje moram birati, "MTK_AllInOne_DA_ori.bin" datoteku s vašeg računala, ali ja ne imati datoteku kada želite odabrati (vidi sliku)? Što je sljedeće? Kako postupiti? kada ručno upišete "MTK_AllInOne_DA_ori.bin" Onda reci mi ovo pogreška! ?? Foto moje situacije Nadam se da razumijete

Imam tablet Model C6R3
                                Je li to problem?!
                                Last edited by glogi; 03-11-2015, 17:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X