X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucaF View Post
    Hi all, I have a great problem with Cube T9 32gb
    I have tried a repartition with SPFT and had an error (first pic).
    After that my tablet dont boot, i've tried hold on power for 30 sec, tried boot in recovery, tried recharge also with powerbank... but nothing!
    Now when i connect to pc it look start a loop conneceted/dsconnected like second pic.
    Also tried desoldering battery but nothing
    Anyone can help me please?
    Thanks in advanced
    sorry this not correct thread, I have repost on T9 thread

Comment

After two years it was time to 'upgrade' my Cube Talk 9X 32 GB from Lepi's black v2.09 to the same, but to play with a clean (re)installation. I already had TWRP and 6 GB of RAM configured, hence I didn't need to flash.

1) In TWRP, Wipe / Advanced, wipe Cache, Dalwik Cache, Boot, System and Data partitions, and install U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308.zip (long ago I've downloaded from Cherva), see
      http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-...-mods-etc-list
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-sup...s-windows-7-64

2) Boot into the System (Optimization of apps may take a while), and configure WiFi. Google Apps come preinstalled in Lepi's ROM, let them upgrade via Google Play.

Oops, ROM boots with Russian cyrillics by default. Find Settings icon, open, scroll to the 15th row in the Settings, it should be Language & Input (looking into the small icons at the beginnings of rows, it's two lines beneath Location and four lines above Date & Time). Open, Language is the first row, open and scroll down to e.g. English (language names are not in cyrillics). Select and go back to activate.

3) With Lepi's ROM and upon wiping Data (from the stock ROM), GPS does no more work. Don't worry, install GPS Status & Toolbox from Google Play. With this, GPS can again fix position (on the street but with offline maps, and even in Airplane mode and without WiFi) in a matter of few seconds.

4) Lepi's ROM comes rooted, with SuperUser and BusyBox preinstalled. No need to change anything or to upgrade their old versions Just install RootChecker from Google Play and verify Root and BusyBox.

5) Viper4Android also comes preinstalled, and it works fine with the preinstalled BusyBox. Nevertheless, install the newest ViPERFX_v2.5.0.5.apk (find it and download from Internet). Freeze/uninstalled the ancient, preinstalled V4A application.

Viper4Android FX = V4A is really an awesome DSP (absolutely the best with effects) for listening the music. Upon configuring V4A, you'll need to reboot.

6) Titanium Backup (and UncleMobile Tools) comes also preinstalled, let it upgrade from Google Play. Install also Quarantine from Google Play, it's safer to backup in Titanium and freeze in Quarantine some unwanted preinstalled apps, than abruptly to uninstall them from Titanium. After few days, if everything still runs on with the unwanted apps frozen, yu can uninstall them through Titanium.

7) E.g., you can freeze / uninstall the preinstalled 3D Weather, Live Weather, Weather Service and Weather EZ (if I correctly recall their names upon uninstalling them), and install yourself e.g. Transparent Weather widget.

Similarly, instead of the preinstalled Browser, I'm using AC Browser from Google Play. It opens pages a magnitude faster than the stock Browser, and it's particularly faster for searching on Google. Also, it can be configured to use DuckDuckGo search engine instead, and for incognito browsing.

If you open preinstalled Browser and AC Browser in parallel, AC Browser gives you the option to transfer your bookmarks from the preinstalled Browser. Aim to open an URL from e.g. an e-mail, and choose AC Browser (not the preinstalled Browser) and set it for Default. At this point you can freeze / uninstall the stock Browser.

I have also uninstalled preinstalled Root Explorer and File Explorer, and I'm using instead ES File Explorer. And I"be also uninstalled Street View, it's now integrated to the Google Maps (let them update via Google Play). Similarly, uninstalled ToDo and using Notes instead.

Uninstalled also SIM Toolkit (no use of), as well as FaceLock and VoiceUnlock apps.

8) Find on Internet and install de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v33_36570c.apk. Reboot. Download through Xposed Installer (or manually from Internet) GravityBox [KK] and e.g. You Tube Playback modules. Enable them in Xposed Installer and reboot.

With You Tube Playback (nothing to configure), you can 'watch' (listen music) while You Tube is in background, or even when screen is turned off / locked.

GravityBox (make sure you install KK = KitKat version) provides tons of tweaks. Play with, and/or search the Internet how to configure things.
      Like, Volume up and down buttons, while listening music with the locked/off screen, to serve for jumping to to the next or previous song.
      You can also completely customize Status bar, pull down controls, and even provide there icons/apps of your choice (like V4A, to have it handy while listening the music).

9) For antivirus and cleaning, I use CM Security Lite and CM Speed Booster. Additionally with All in One Tools, you can control which apps will autostart on boot (Xposed Installer and GravityBox do not need to, but V4A needs to be enabled for autostart).

You can save battery in idle mode by installing Hibernation Manager (find all these apps on Google Play), and configuring it to e.g. disable Google Syncing while screen is off, etc.

Generally, to save battery, disable Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Google History, Cloud Printing and manually enable them only on demand (you can put icons for many of them to the Status bar pull down controls, as customized by GravityBox).

10) Once everything is installed and configured (incl. your own apps), you can boot to Recovery (TWRP), select Wipe / Advanced, and wipe Cache and Dalwik Cache. Rebooting to the System (Optimizing Apps) may take time.

4a/11) AdAway comes also preinstalled and integrated as AdBlock into the Settings. Open and let it update the hosts file. Configure it for daily auto-update over WiFi and on autostart.

However, at some point I have realized that AdAway stopped auto-updating hosts file on autostart (at boot), although everything is configured properly (?). Not a disaster, from time to time I open it from Settings and manually force to update the hosts file. I've checked and etc/hosts is properly customized, and blocking of malware indeed works.

12) To block a potential backdore sending your sensitive personal data to Chinese agency:, see
      http://thehackernews.com/2016/11/hacking-android-smartphone.html
      Run preinstalled Titanium Backup, give it root access, open Backup/Restore tab and search for "adups". Two processes/apps will be found, Wireless Update and FOTA Reboot. Backup both (just in case, that you could restore them) and Uninstall them. IMO, there was no point to have Firmware Over The Air Update facility in the cooked ROM. Besides, time have passed and there are no upgrades either by Lepi's or Cube.

I've also uninstalled certain System Update (by zhonghnian, whoever/whatever it was?!). No consequences.
      Last edited by zgf; 02-12-2017, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by zgf View Post
        After two years it was time to 'upgrade' my Cube Talk 9X 32 GB from Lepi's black v2.09 to the same, but to play with a clean (re)installation. I already had TWRP and 6 GB of RAM configured, hence I didn't need to flash.

1) In TWRP, Wipe / Advanced, wipe Cache, Dalwik Cache, Boot, System and Data partitions, and install U65GT_V2.0.9LB_Lepi_150308.zip (long ago I've downloaded from Cherva), see
        http://freaktab.com/forum/mtk-based-...-mods-etc-list
        http://freaktab.com/forum/tablet-sup...s-windows-7-64

2) Boot into the System (Optimization of apps may take a while), and configure WiFi. Google Apps come preinstalled in Lepi's ROM, let them upgrade via Google Play.

Oops, ROM boots with Russian cyrillics by default. Find Settings icon, open, scroll to the 15th row in the Settings, it should be Language & Input (looking into the small icons at the beginnings of rows, it's two lines beneath Location and four lines above Date & Time). Open, Language is the first row, open and scroll down to e.g. English (language names are not in cyrillics). Select and go back to activate.

3) With Lepi's ROM and upon wiping Data (from the stock ROM), GPS does no more work. Don't worry, install GPS Status & Toolbox from Google Play. With this, GPS can again fix position (on the street but with offline maps, and even in Airplane mode and without WiFi) in a matter of few seconds.

4) Lepi's ROM comes rooted, with SuperUser and BusyBox preinstalled. No need to change anything or to upgrade their old versions Just install RootChecker from Google Play and verify Root and BusyBox.

5) Viper4Android also comes preinstalled, and it works fine with the preinstalled BusyBox. Nevertheless, install the newest ViPERFX_v2.5.0.5.apk (find it and download from Internet). Freeze the ancient, preinstalled V4A application.

Viper4Android FX = V4A is really an awesome DSP (absolutely the best with effects) for listening the music. Upon configuring V4A, you'll need to reboot.

6) Titanium Backup (and UncleMobile Tools) comes also preinstalled, let it upgrade from Google Play. Install also Quarantine from Google Play, it's safer to backup in Titanium and freeze in Quarantine some unwanted preinstalled apps, than abruptly to uninstall them from Titanium. After few days, if everything still runs on with the unwanted apps frozen, yu can uninstall them through Titanium.

7) E.g., you can freeze / uninstall the preinstalled 3D Weather, Live Weather, Weather Service and Weather EZ (if I correctly recall their names upon uninstalling them), and install yourself e.g. Transparent Weather widget.

Similarly, instead of the preinstalled Browser, I'm using AC Browser from Google Play. It opens pages a magnitude faster than the stock Browser, and it's particularly faster for searching on Google. Also, it can be configured to use DuckDuckGo search engine instead, and for incognito browsing.

If you open preinstalled Browser and AC Browser in parallel, AC Browser gives you the option to transfer your bookmarks from the preinstalled Browser. Aim to open an URL from e.g. an e-mail, and choose AC Browser (not the preinstalled Browser) and set it for Default. At this point you can freeze / uninstall the stock Browser.

I have also uninstalled preinstalled Root Explorer, and I'm using instead ES File Explorer. And I"be also uninstalled Street View, it's now integrated to the Google Maps (let them update via Google Play).

8) Find on Internet and install xposed.installer_v32_de4f0d.apk. Reboot. Download through Xposed Installer (or manually from Internet) GravityBox [KK] and e.g. You Tube Playback modules. Enable them in Xposed Installer and reboot.

With You Tube Playback (nothing to configure), you can 'watch' (listen music) while You Tube is in background, or even when screen is turned off / locked.

GravityBox (make sure you install KK = KitKat version) provides tons of tweaks. Play with, and/or search the Internet how to configure things.
        Like, Volume up and down buttons, while listening music with the locked/off screen, to serve for jumping to to the next or previous song.
        You can also completely customize Status bar, pull down controls, and even provide there icons/apps of your choice (like V4A, to have it handy while listening the music).

9) For antivirus and cleaning, I use CM Security Lite and CM Speed Booster. Additionally with All in One Tools, you can control which apps will autostart on boot (Xposed Installer and GravityBox do not need to, but V4A needs to be enabled for autostart).

You can save battery in idle mode by installing Hibernation Manager (find all these apps on Google Play), and configuring it to e.g. disable Google Syncing while screen is off, etc.

Generally, to save battery, disable Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Google History, Cloud Printing and manually enable them only on demand (you can put icons for many of them to the Status bar pull down controls, as customized by GravityBox).

10) Once everything is installed and configured (incl. your own apps), you can boot to Recovery (TWRP), select Wipe / Advanced, and wipe Cache and Dalwik Cache. Rebooting to the System (Optimizing Apps) may take time.

4a/11) AdAway comes also preinstalled and integrated as AdBlock into the Settings. Open and let it update the hosts file. Configure it for daily auto-update over WiFi and on autostart.

However, at some point I have realized that AdAway stopped auto-updating hosts file on autostart (at boot), although everything is configured properly (?). Not a disaster, from time to time I open it from Settings and manually force to update the hosts file. I've checked and etc/hosts is properly customized, and blocking of malware indeed works.

12) To block a potential backdore sending your sensitive personal data to Chinese agency:, see
        http://thehackernews.com/2016/11/hacking-android-smartphone.html

run preinstalled Titanium Backup, give it root access, open Backup/Restore tab and search for "adups". Two processes/apps will be found, Wireless Update and FOTA Reboot. Backup both (just in case, that you could restore them) and Uninstall them. IMO, there was no point to have Firmware Over The Air Update facility in the cooked ROM. Besides, time have passed and there are no upgrades either by Lepi's or Cube.
        Many thanks for this helpful post, zgf.

P34c3

Comment

Hello, I have to reinstall my tablet, where do I get the latest TWRP again, the russian links are down.
          And how should I install a 64GB SD card, I had it in my window 10 laptop and now I don't see it any more in my cube.

Comment

Originally posted by mr..speed View Post
            Hello, I have to reinstall my tablet, where do I get the latest TWRP again, the russian links are down.
            And how should I install a 64GB SD card, I had it in my window 10 laptop and now I don't see it any more in my cube.
            you can find everything here:

(a very good rom that I'm using and all you need for that -TWRP included)
            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post

(a very good rom that I'm using and all you need for that -TWRP included)
              Thanks

Comment

I'm interested in that Atlantis, but the forum is all in Spanish. Can you please describe:
                - what are the advantages over Lepi's v2.09
                - is it also KitKat or maybe a newer Android
                - does it flash by SP Flash Tool or through TWRP, and may I use Lepi's TWRP or should switch to a different TWRP
                - I have Talk 9X with 32 GB, and configured to have 6 GB of RAM, would it also work with Atlantis
                - are root, BusyBox, Google Apps included

Also, how would you suggest the easiest way to switch from Lepi's to Atlantis

Comment

you can use chrome and automatically everything is translated in english (spanish is not my language too)

- I've never installed Lepi, but the first advantage is that diruix (the programmer) will distribute some OTA updates from time to time.
                  -it is based on kitkat too, for MTK8392 no newer release will be available
                  - it will be flashed with TWRP and you can use lepi's TWRP to do that (personally tested)
                  - partitions will remain untouched, so your 6Gb of Flash remains
                  - it is not rooted but you can easily do that flashing supersu zip from twrp (if i remember well it is included in the package), google apps are included too, native support for NTFS is included and much more.

The easyest way is to perform a factory reset on lepi's rom, then install through TWRP the Atlantis rom. That's all.

Comment

- I've never installed Lepi, but the first advantage is that diruix (the programmer) will distribute some OTA updates from time to time. The easyest way is to perform a factory reset on lepi's rom, then install through TWRP the Atlantis rom.
                    THANKS,, sounds interesting, I'd like to try this weekend.
                    Why Factory Resetting Lepi's ROM? - I wanted to wipe from TWRP: Dalvik, Cache, System, Data and then to flash Atlantis (and SuperSU).
                    Btw, I see Android Secure partition also in TWRP, should I wipe it too (if it means SE Linux, Atlantis must clean install its own)

Comment

Yes you can clean dalvik, data and cache, but I suggest you to avoid cleaning of system and Android secure....

Comment

Yes you can clean dalvik, data and cache, but I suggest you to avoid cleaning of system and Android secure....
                        There is no need to wipe manually, Atlantis installation (2017-Jan-6) through TWRP automatically wipes Dalwik, Cache, System and Data.
                        It also automatically updates TWRP to Jemmini''s 3.0.2. and optionally offers to flash Root (SuperSU + BusyBox, AdAway, Titanium) or not.

Thanks and all kudos to Lepi for his ROM, but Atlantis by Diruix is a step further (link with translation to English):
                        https://translate.google.com/transla...p%3Ft%3D998832

V4A is not included, no big deal, just flash ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero.zip through TWRP.
                        For Xposed, iinstalll de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v33_36570c.apk and proceed as instructed in the post #227 as above

Two important improvements:

1) With stock v1.8, GPS worked fine but with Lepi v2.0.9 GPS did not work at all - well, it eventually worked upon I additionally installed GPS Test app (it must have been running in the background to obtain GPS position fix).
                        With Atlantis v2.0, GPS works excellent again, without a need for GPS Test application or anything.

2) With stock and Lepi ROMs I had constant problems with WiFi (WPA2). Every 10-15 minutes I had to disable and re-enable WiFi on the tablet - without, browser (I"ve tried various browsers) lost connection and was unable to open any page anymore.
                        Now, with Atlantis I have the browser opened for the whole day, without breaking a connection any single time.

Atlantis is EXCELOENT, it ROCKS!!!
                        Last edited by zgf; 02-12-2017, 17:03.

Comment

Hi I had installed the Atlantis Rom I had Lepi's 2.0.9, it is very good is there a way to move the clock to the right of the bar? and something else, what is your settings in CPU Settings in Settings --- Atlantis Center Menu?

Comment

Originally posted by leotzian View Post
                            Hi I had installed the Atlantis Rom I had Lepi's 2.0.9, it is very good is there a way to move the clock to the right of the bar? and something else, what is your settings in CPU Settings in Settings --- Atlantis Center Menu?
                            I don't know, I think you can't move time to the right in the status bar (left is OK for me). Btw, I've installed it's 3Minit battery icon mod from Atlantis Center.
                            I did not change CPU governor settings, I think they have discussed on their Forum that it's probably adjusted to the optimal.

However, I was missing Screenshot option (from the Power menu), there is only Screen Recording (movie) option?! I've installed Xposed + Gravity Box (as mentioned in my previous post), and I have enabled Screenreshot option through the Gravity Box.

Btw, I have a problem with Titanium Backup, it fails to make any backup, complaining there is no enough storage (I have almost 10 GB available in the internal memory). Root and partitions are OK (e.g., ES File Explorer has no problems with). If I try to change Preferences in Titanium, choosing to search for the Titanium Backup folder, it cannot a folder nor the available space to create it (neither on the internal nor external memory)?!
                            All the rest works perfect so far.

Comment

Originally posted by zgf
                              I don't know, I think you can't move time to the right in the status bar (left is OK for me). Btw, I've installed it's 3Minit battery icon mod from Atlantis Center.
                              I did not change CPU governor settings, I think they have discussed on their Forum that it's probably adjusted to the optimal.

However, I was missing Screenshot option (from the Power menu), there is only Screen Recording (movie) option?! I've installed Xposed + Gravity Box (as mentioned in my previous post), and I have enabled Screenreshot option through the Gravity Box.

Btw, I have a problem with Titanium Backup, it fails to make any backup, complaining there is no enough storage (I have almost 10 GB available in the internal memory). Root and partitions are OK (e.g., ES File Explorer has no problems with). If I try to change Preferences in Titanium, choosing to search for the Titanium Backup folder, it cannot a folder nor the available space to create it (neither on the internal nor external memory)?!
                              All the rest works perfect so far.
                              Titanium backup is working fine here.
                              First check if you have the latest version.
                              For the SD card I have a Xposed module KitKat SD card full access.
                              After go to recovery and try to make WIPE, Advanced Wipe,and check Dalvik Cache and Cache and swipe.
                              In my case I had errors and I formated this partition. It made at least half an hour.
                              Try all those and report me back.

Comment

Originally posted by leotzian View Post
                                Titanium backup is working fine here.
                                First check if you have the latest version.
                                For the SD card I have a Xposed module KitKat SD card full access.
                                After go to recovery and try to make WIPE, Advanced Wipe,and check Dalvik Cache and Cache and swipe.
                                Ok thx, but it wasn't problem with the External SD card, but (also) with the Internal. I did have latest Titanium, I've already tried by wiping Dalwik and Cache...
                                Eventually, solution was simple - I just needed ot pay attention to another Titanium's pop-up , I had to disable Mount namespace separation option n SuperSU, since then Titanium can successfully backup apps and settings (I"ve double-checked Camera, Screenshots, their access to the partition is not affected by the change)

Last edited by zgf; 02-15-2017, 06:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X