This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube Talk 9X [U65GT] roms/recoverys/mods etc. list

If you have something to ask about these roms or mods, I'm not the right person to answer. Just click the link and ask there. IMPORTANT: Do not thank me of roms or mods! Go to the rom's thead and thank the developer. I'm just a guy who graps these together. I'm NOT a developer! Lastly I want to thank all developers. Specially Lepi and Brian who make this real here in freaktab . Also thanks to giouncino and many others who are always answering our questions. Great community!

Please read: I want to clarify that there isn't stupid or noob questions. All questions are welcome! However, respect other members and do little research before asking questions. Most of the questions are already answered somewhere here in freaktab. I know that the answers can be hard to find so if you can't find answers on your own, feel free to ask.

Stock roms (official)

- V1.0 Rom (Android 4.4.2)
    • May 20140528 (Slightly modded rom, chinese apps deleted, Flash via Flash Tool link: drive.google.com) (thanks to zvoddy23)
    - V1.3 Rom (Android 4.4.2)- V1.6 Rom (Android 4.4.2)
    • June 20140620 (Changelogs: 51cube.com, Download link dead)
    - V1.8 Rom (Android 4.4.2)- V1.9 Rom (Android 4.4.2) (Never actually released officially)- V2.0 Rom (Android 4.4.2) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher)Custom roms (unofficial*)
    Lepi's roms (All Lepi's roms must be flashed via custom recovery) (thanks to Lepi)
    - Lepi's rom (based on official V1.8 September rom)
    - Lepi's rom (based on official V2.0 November rom) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher- Lepi's rom (based on unofficial V2.0 December rom) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher)Brian's roms (All Brian's roms must be flashed via Flash Tool) (thanks to Brian)
    - 900Supersport rom (based on official V1.6 June rom)
    - 900Supersport rom (based on official V1.8 July rom)- 900Supersport rom (based on official V1.8 August rom)- 900Supersport rom (based on official V1.8 September rom)MIUI 6 ROM (*official cube release)
    - Official MIUI 6 rom (based on official V2.0 February MIUI rom)
    CoolUI ROM
    - CoolUI ROM V1 (based on official V1.6 June rom)
    - CoolUI ROM V2 and V3 (based on official V1.8 July rom)Other custom roms
    - Unofficial V2.0 rom (based on official V2.0 November rom) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher)
    - LeWa OS V5 (based on ?some? V2.0 rom) (Only for tablets with serial number 1426 or higher)- MIUI theme rom (based on v1.8 July rom)(Not real MIUI)- MyTab Ontario V1.1 (based on V1.9 September rom)- Dejan1979's rom (based on V1.8 July rom) (thanks to dejan1979) (Note: Touch screen issues with some devices)Recoverys
    - Stock recovery
    - Custom recoverysTo be continued in post 2.
    Last edited by Vohukain; 04-17-2015, 16:26.

Mods and tweaks
    - Chrome fix for V1.3-V1.8, only via stock recovery (link: freaktab.com) (thanks to dmc0306 and mmrrdd)
    - Delete all chinese apps for V1.3-V1.8, only via stock recovery (link: freaktab.com) (thanks to mmrrdd)
    - Lepi's mods
    • Lower auto brightness for V1.8 (link: freaktab.com)
    • Lower auto brightness and other stuff for V2.0 (link: freaktab.com)
    • Multiple user profiles (atleast) for Lepi's rom v1.8.4 (link: freaktab.com)
    • Orange dialer for v2.0.4 (link: freaktab.com)
    - Brian's mods- Gdp77's mods: Increase app storage (thanks to gdp77)- 10Gb or 13Gb app space, works atleast with Talk 9X 32Gb (link: freaktab.com) (thanks to azaotl and linuxovios)
    - Multiple user profiles for V2.0 (up to 4 user) (link: filedropper.com)
    - NTFS patch (link: 4pda.ru (direct download link: yadi.sk))
    - ViPER4Android FX for better sound (link: vipersaudio.com)
    - Scatter file for Talk 9X (link: freaktab.com) (thanks to leotzian)
    - CPU control and stats for Lepi's V2.0.9LB (link: 4pda.ru)
    -
    CPU control and stats for Lepi's V1.9.3LW (link: 4pda.ru)
    - FM "working" without earphones (link: freaktab.com)
    - MIUI_SDK.apk (link: cloud.mail.ru)
    - Easy GPS FIX (link: Playstore)
    - You can find lot's of other patches from 4pda.ru (check "Патчи и модификации" and use Google translator)

Root
    - Zip-file for root (link: freaktab.com) (thanks to mmrrdd)
    - RootGenius software (link: yadi.sk)

Tools and Drivers
    - MTK Droid Root Tool (link: mega.co.nz)
    - SP Flash Tool (link: mega.co.nz), can also be found from every 900supersport rom package
    - MTK drivers for U65GT (link: mega.co.nz), can also be found from every 900supersport rom package

Guides and tutorials
    - Lepi's video tutorials (including guide for using TWRP recovery)
    - Guide for flashing OTA updates (zip-files)- How to use SP Flash Tool
    • ​Brian has written good guides how to install rom via SP Flash Tool. Those guides are written directly for 900Supersport roms but the steps are the same for every rom. You can find those guides from every 900supersport rom package. You can also follow the "How to fix dead Touchscreen" guide written by Edius.
    - Guide for expanding app storage (thanks to gdp77)- Video guide for expanding app storage (thanks to azaotl)- How to fix dead Touchscreen- How to root Talk 9X- Info how to fix external keyboard issue- Broken screen fix tutorial (thanks to seb_131)Other stuff
    - Usefull sites:
    - Grainy screen issue- Talk 9X opened on video
    Something wrong or missing? Please, notify and tell me what is the problem. All suggestions are also welcome .
    Last edited by Vohukain; 04-20-2015, 09:08.

Comment

Very good collection job Vohukain !
      It could be really useful
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Sticky! Sticky!

Thanks for opening this thread. Now all is quick to find.

Comment

Thanks,that was missing

Comment

Great idea and execution! Please make the thread sticky!

Also you can add Links for essential tools (adb drivers, mtk droid tools, sp flash tool).

Comment

Just 1 word: EXCELLENT

Comment

Tools and drivers added

Thanks for your support. I added tools and drivers there as well like gdp77 suggested. I will be updating this as long as I will be hanging here in freaktab. I will add [DISCONTINUED] etc. to the first post when I'm not going to update this anymore. That will NOT happen any time soon

Guide for flashing OTA updates (zip-files)

- Method 1 via settings (No data will be deleted):
                1. Download OTA zip-file and rename it to "update.zip". Copy the file to the root directory of the tablet storage space or external sd-card.
                2. Go to settings>about tablet (or tablet information)>system updates
                3. Select "confirm" and press "Yes (or update)"
                4. Tablet will reboot to recovery and it will install the update. After some time tablet will reboot again
                5. Let the tablet reboot. It can take several minutes. Done!

- Method 2 via stock recovery (translated from here 51cube.com with google translator):
                1. Download OTA zip-file and rename it to "update.zip". Copy the file to the root directory of the tablet storage space or external sd-card.
                2. Turn off tablet. After the tablet is turned off, press and hold the power button and then immediately press and hold the volume+ button. Hold it as long as the recovery menu appears. Now you can navigate in recovery using volume- button and enter with volume+ button. Touchscreen doesn't work in stock recovery.
                3. This step is optional. If you perform this your user data will be lost. Use the Volume- button to move the cursor to "wipe data / factory reset", press the volume+ to enter, and then use the volume - key to move the cursor to "Yes - delete all user data", press the volume+ button to confirm clearing data ( Clear data operation may take two minutes or so , pay attention to patient)
                4. This step doesn't affect to your user data. After the operation is completed, use the Volume- to move the cursor keys to "wipe cache partition", press the volume+ button to confirm clear cache.
                5. Then use the volume- key to move the cursor to "apply update from sdcard" or "apply update from sdcard2" (depends where you put the "update.zip"). Press the volume+ to enter, wait about 5 seconds. Use the Volume- key to move the cursor to the format you want to brush into the ROM zip package, press the volume+ button to confirm the brush into the ROM package
                6. Wait! The bottom of the screen displays "Install from sdcard complete" when installation is complete. The cursor automatically return to "reboot system now". At this point press the volume+ key to reboot.
                7. Let the tablet reboot. It can take several minutes. Done!
                Last edited by Vohukain; 03-18-2015, 09:32.

Comment

AW: Cube Talk 9X [U65GT] roms/recoverys/mods etc. list

Great thread and really needed! +1 to you and of course to every developer!

Comment

Thank you excellent

Comment

Very nice work on the collection.

Comment

THANKS!!!!!!!! EXCELENT, IT WAS MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

sieg

Comment

Wow.... big thanks

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks,..that's a wonderful beginner's ROM guide,...I've got my hands on a Cueb U65Gt, and this is my starting page in order to narrow down the choosen ROM.

THX.

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                              X