X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zgf View Post
    Do you recommend RROS or CM 13 ?

I have Atlantis v2.0 - how can I install eg RROS - through TWRP ?
    Okay, I'm late to the party. I finally got around to installing CM13 and I have got to tell you; it's awesome. I use this tablet more than my other ones.

In reference to your question and anyone else interested, I would recommend CM13, but that's just me. Which ever rom you choose is is completely up to you. Resurrection Remix is based on CM13. I was actually still using Lepi's rom v2.0.7 white Lollipop theme; my recovery was Lepi's TWRP 2810 light theme.

So, here was how I did it:

First, I updated my recovery to Lepi's TWRP 2850 dark theme, I needed that to update to newer recoveries, because it could also install .img files (the roms are in .zip files; my old recovery would have installed the roms).

After that, I updated my recovery to TWRP 3.2.3 from here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...u65gt-t3609629
    Now I have the latest TWRP.

I then downloaded CM13 from the link above in this forum. Then I put the .zip file in the root of my ext. sd card, and booted into TWRP.
    Once at TWRP:

I selected the “Mount” option from the TWRP main menu and made sure "system" and "cache" were checked. "SD card" and "Micro SD card" were already checked.
    Now I went back to the TWRP main menu and selected the “Wipe” option. Then I selected "Advanced Wipe". I had to make sure the following were checked:

Dalvik / ATR Cache
    System
    Cache
    Data

If these were not all checked, it would mess the installation up!

Now I "Swipe to Wipe"

Once that was done, I went back to the TWRP main menu and selected "Install".
    Then I hit "Select Storage", and chose "Micro SD card", then hit "OK" in the pop up window. Now I scrolled down to my ROM .zip file, tapped on it to highlight it, then "Swipe to Confirm Flash”.

Once the rom was installed, I selected “Wipe cache/Dalvik”, then “Swipe to wipe”.
    When that was done, I went back to the TWRP main menu and selected "Reboot", then I hit "System" to reboot.

My understanding is that the camera does not work properly in either of these rom's and that there is an app called Cameringo that fixes it. I have not been able to confirm this since I don't use the camera. So far, I am very happy with CM13. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Freewaymad; 11-24-2018, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Freewaymad View Post

Okay, I'm late to the party. I finally got around t installing CM13 and I have got to tell you; it's awesome. I use this tablet more than my other ones.

In reference to your question and anyone else interested, I would recommend CM13, but that's just me. Which ever rom you choose is is completely up to you. Resurrection Remix is based on CM13. I was actually still using Lepi's rom v2.0.7 white Lollipop theme; my recovery was Lepi's TWRP 2810 light theme.

So, here was how I did it:

First, I updated my recovery to Lepi's TWRP 2850 dark theme, I needed that to update to newer recoveries, because it could also install .img files (the roms are in .zip files; my old recovery would have installed the roms).

After that, I updated my recovery to TWRP 3.2.3 from here:
      Now I have the latest TWRP.

I then downloaded CM13 from the link above in this forum. Then I put the .zip file in the root of my ext. sd card, and booted into TWRP.
      Once at TWRP:

I selected the “Mount” option from the TWRP main menu and made sure "system" and "cache" were checked. "SD card" and "Micro SD card" were already checked.
      Now I went back to the TWRP main menu and selected the “Wipe” option. Then I selected "Advanced Wipe". I had to make sure the following were checked:

Dalvik / ATR Cache
      System
      Cache
      Data

If these were not all checked, it would mess the installation up!

Now I "Swipe to Wipe"

Once that was done, I went back to the TWRP main menu and selected "Install".
      Then I hit "Select Storage", and chose "Micro SD card", then hit "OK" in the pop up window. Now I scrolled down to my ROM .zip file, tapped on it to highlight it, then "Swipe to Confirm Flash”.

Once the rom was installed, I selected “Wipe cache/Dalvik”, then “Swipe to wipe”.
      When that was done, I went back to the TWRP main menu and selected "Reboot", then I hit "System" to reboot.

My understanding is that the camera does not work properly in either of these rom's and that there is an app called Cameringo that fixes it. I have not been able to confirm this since I don't use the camera. So far, I am very happy with CM13. Hope this helps.
      Thanks for your response
      Camera is not so important for me either...

Are the ROMs rooted (SuperSU or Magisk) and does Xposed work?

Also, are GApps included (min Google Play)?

Comment

With CM13, camera works good.
        the rom is not rooted by itself but thanks to TWRP you can easily root wit supersu or magisk (I used supersu)
        Gapps and google play are installed and works well.
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

The ROM I downloaded is rooted (must have been updated). You have to enable "Developer Options" by going to Settings/About phone and pushing "Build number seven times. Now "Developer Options" is visible in the Settings. Once in there, scroll down to "Root access", and tap it. A window will pop up with the following options:
          Disabled (by default)
          Apps only
          ADB only
          Apps and ADB

Choose your option and you are now rooted. The only this is that I not been able to change the language on Busy Box (it's in Russian).
          Gapps are included. I don't know about Xposed since I don't use it.

Comment

I have installed Xposed to this rom and it working fine I had installed lucky patcher too.
            Concerning BusyBox I had freezed the Russian version using Titanium Backup, and I had installed BusyBox Free from Playstore.
            All are working fine

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Uninstall of the Russian version of Busybox Pro solved.
                The CM13 ROM comes with an app called "Root Essentials". Once rooted, this app will uninstall it. Here's how:

Open Root Essentials and select "Storage" .
                Now select "App Manager", scroll down to "BusyBox Pro", and selct it.
                Next select "TOOLS".
                Scroll down to "UNINSTALL" and reboot.

You have now unistalled the Russian version of Busybox Pro. Now the version of Busybox, you want, can be installed and in your language. My case was Busybox Pro from the playstore. This app also has other tools in it, like "Root Browser (which is like ES File Manager), App Install Location (which is like Link2SD), and more.
                Last edited by Freewaymad; 09-29-2018, 23:36.

Comment

Success story: Updated from Jemmini_TWRP-3.0.2 and Atlantis 2.0 to TWRP 3.2.3

and RROS 5.7.4 (CM13, Android 6.0.1)
                  https://www.getdroidtips.com/resurre...-cube-talk-9x/

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=579789&st=6740#entry59413025
                  ​​​

1) Made a backup for all apps from Titanium
                  2) Made a full Nandroid backup from TWRP (just in case)

3) From TWRP, flashed twrp-3.2.3-u65gt-20180809-2322.img (to Recovery partition).
                  - When flashing IMG or ZIP, it’s not needed to have it on root on SD card, it can be in any folder on Internal memory or SD card.
                  Wiped Dalwik, Data, System and Cache and rebooted to Recovery (new TWRP 3.2.3 now)
                  - Since I already had Data partition configured to 6 GB, I had no need to flash partition_6gGIG.zip.
                  - Do not wipe other partitions, particularly not NVRAM - you will loose IMEI (you will need your NVRAM backup from TWRP to restore)

4) Flashed RR-5.7.4-FOR_U65GT.zip and rebooted to System.
                  Configured as new, providing WiFi and Google account to start updating built-in apps (GApps are included to RROS).
                  When booting first time, language is Russian but at the beginning it asks to choose language - selected English US (and later never had problems, everything is translated to English)

5) Installed Titanium Backup from Google Play and restored wanted user Apps and Data (for some apps like MiXPlorer or Blue Mail restoring data may not work properly).
                  Restored Data for Browser (built-in to Atlantis and newer version also to RROS) - successfully transferred my Bookmarks from Atlantis to RROS.
                  - Procedure as above does not wipe Internal Memory (keeping your old DCIM/Camera, etc.) - indeed, I had Titanium backup on Internal and did restore from Internal memory.

6) RROS comes pre-rooted - enable Developer Options and find the Root Access submenu.
                  AdBlocker (AdAway) is also built-in.
                  BusyBox is not included, just install e.g. BusyBox 1.29.2 from Stericson, from Google Play.

So far as tested (excluding 3G/Mobile Internet, Bluetooth and Camera - I never use them on tablet and didn’t try XPosed or Viper4Android yet) and everything works clean and fine.

Maybe little bit slower than Atlantis 2.0 but not 100% sure, cannot compare it now against Atlantis, and last months I didn’t use tablet but newer and faster Android N/O devices
                  Last edited by zgf; 10-12-2018, 12:44.

Comment

Uninstall of the Russian version of Busybox Pro solved.
                    The CM13 ROM comes with an app called "Root Essentials". Once rooted, this app will uninstall it. Here's how:

Open Root Essentials and select "Storage" .
                    Now select "App Manager", scroll down to "BusyBox Pro", and selct it.
                    Next select "TOOLS".
                    Scroll down to "UNINSTALL" and reboot.

You have now unistalled the Russian version of Busybox Pro. Now the version of Busybox, you want, can be installed and in your language. My case was Busybox Pro from the playstore. This app also has other tools in it, like "Root Browser (which is like ES File Manager), App Install Location (which is like Link2SD), and more.
                    Thanks
                    I'm using this tablet as mobile phone since my mobile phone is gone.
                    I have a problem with 3g, it is working well but drains battery as well, I can't choose 2g or Edge. Can I do something to get 2g work? Is it about baseband or whatever it is?

Comment

If you are using the CM13 ROM, try going to "Settings/Cellular networks", and choose "Preferred network type". I don't use my tablet as a phone, but that should get what you want.

Comment

If you are using the CM13 ROM, try going to "Settings/Cellular networks", and choose "Preferred network type". I don't use my tablet as a phone, but that should get what you want.
                        I know that option but it doesn't work. There are two options 2G - 3g and when I choose 2g it turns 3g itself. Cm 13 rom has this problem, I think all Cm 13 users have.

Comment

Cannot test 3G/Mobile net (SIM tray empty but broken and cannot get it out) and my usage of tablet was almost only with WiFi, but I have the following observations on RROS 5.7.4:

- OTG USB does not work (works perfect with TWRP, at least I can use it there)

- File Transfer with PC: On one PC only PTP works (hence only for DCIM folder).
                          On the other PC I can get MTP working bur only for Internal memory (it recognizes SD card but connection to SD breaks in few seconds).
                          Btw,, both PCs are on Windows 7

- With Camera app can take only one picture, second photo doesn't save.
                          Use Cameringo app from Playstore (works fine).

- I don't know for battery but by my feeling tablet was faster and better responsive with Atlantis/Lepi/original Android 4.4.2 (32 GB tablet, configered with 6 GB Data since I flashed Lepi 2.0.9)

- Annoying equilizer at the bottom (while playing any audio or video) can be disabled: Settings / Configurations / Navbar / Pulse

I'm not using the tablet daily hence I will leave RROS installed (too lazy to rollback to Atlantis and reinstall/reconfigure everything), it was worth to try and there are some advantages to have newer Android, but Atlantis 2.0 was really better in my opinion.

Btw, this RROS (as well as CM13) are both from 2017 and there were practically no updates/patches for the last 12 months or so - hence also a dead end
                          Last edited by zgf; 10-21-2018, 21:29.

Comment

Hi

I've tested
                            Lepi dark,
                            CM13
                            Resurrection remix

My thoughts are:-
                            Lepi - getting a bit long in the tooth but everything works.
                            Cm13 - camera problem and Bluetooth problems.
                            Resurrection Remix - camera works OK but Bluetooth not working.

I prefer the RR out of the 3. It is reasonably responsive although installing too many apps does seem to slow it down.

I would like to fix the Bluetooth issue. It works fine in Lepi but has the same problem in the other 2. Other devices can discover it and renaming works, but no other devices are discovered or displayed. I've tried clearing the Bluetooth system app cache, but no difference. Bluetooth Share v6. 0.1

I've seen various suggestions on other sites but I doubt they will work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

John
                            Last edited by Johnnysod; 11-05-2018, 22:43.

Comment

Few more comments on RROS:

1) Navigation is slow with AdAway.

For a compromise, enable only two host sources

https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serve...type=plaintext

2) Add screenshot to Quick Settings icons (top -right, pull down)
                              Settings / Settings / Quick Settings / Tiles

However, cannot make Screen Recording (for movie) to work, it blocks and records nothing

3) Successfully installed (flashed through TWRP) ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero.zip
                              V4A working fine
                              https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2191223
                              Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

​​​
                              4) Flashed also xposed-v89-sdk23-arm.zip and installed XposedInstaller_3.1.5.apk and YouTubeBackgroundPlayback-12.43.52(11042017)-release.apk
                              Xposed and YT Background Player work fine
                              https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3034811

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...yback-t3696744
                              Last edited by zgf; 11-26-2018, 19:38.

Comment

I've installed RR, and i've problem. Internal storage is running out, how to make it use portable storage that has lots of space(not sd card).

Comment

Working...
                                X