MIUI ROM V6 for Talk 9X [U65GT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIUI ROM V6 for Talk 9X [U65GT]

New thead might be good for this. This is not the old MIUI themed rom based on v1.8 July rom. This is new real MIUI rom based on V2.0 rom.

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
    Finally MIUI ROM v6 (based on v.2.0) is arrived:

ROM:
    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

bootanimation:
    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

info (and screenshots):
    http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=314
    There are some rumours that there are some issues:

1. Touchscreen is not working with older than 1426 tablets (old news for V2.0 rom)
    2. Lepi said that 3G connection is not working. Also some guys reported issues with data connection in chinese forum.
    - Check this post in china forum. One member says "Please insert the SIM-free signal greatly repair and can not make calls and access issues, as well as tips ID error" (Google translate). I don't understand this but there may be some repair for data connection issue according to that post. I posted to chinese forum and asked link to that repair, no answer yet.

EDIT: Lot's of people are reporting of IMEI loss after upgrading this rom in chinese forum. BACKUP your IMEI before trying this!

Anything else? Has anyone tried this yet?
    Last edited by Vohukain; 03-09-2015, 06:47.

Hi,

Downloaded this ROM as I'm a fan of MIUI. However, I get an error in CWM complaining about "my device is not a U56GT It is a MTK". It's definitely a U56GT and currently running Lepi 2.0 rom.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

install stock recovery before update with this MIUI ROM, you could probably solve your problem.
      Let us know!
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

And maybe @IndyUK should use any factory ROM before that.
        This error I think is due to build.prop file content, in @900supersport ROM (V1.8/September) I received this message, as far as I can remember.

Comment

Edius, I think you are right, I suppose that too...

Comment

I'm willing to give this a go, however, I don't want to loose my current setup. So, whats the best way of getting back to stock but backing up current rom? Also guys, there's a lot of references to "brush" on the Cube forum. What does that mean?

Comment

flash TWRP recovery and do a complete backup!
              In this way you will be able to restore everything just in case...

Comment

flash TWRP recovery and do a complete backup!
                In this way you will be able to restore everything just in case...
                I already have CWM backup so no problems there. How do I now get factory rom on? Although, I'm not convinced that will work since the upgrade zip in a CWM image so it must need CWM recovery(?)

Thanks

Comment

MIUI ROM is on OTA update format, so first of all you need stock recovery.

1 - Flash stock recovery (you can find it in any 900supersport rom).
                  2 - to install the MIUI rom you simply need to rename it as update.zip and put in on microSD root.
                  3 - After that on Settings->tablet information->system upgrade. The tablet automatically install this MIUI Rom.

Comment

MIUI ROM is on OTA update format, so first of all you need stock recovery.

1 - Flash stock recovery (you can find it in any 900supersport rom).
                    2 - to install the MIUI rom you simply need to rename it as update.zip and put in on microSD root.
                    3 - After that on Settings->tablet information->system upgrade. The tablet automatically install this MIUI Rom.
                    Did 1 & 2 - no problems. However 3 - No such menu option. I'm using Lepi rom v2.04b.

Comment

OTA updates are generally disabled on custom rom, I suggest you to flash 1.8 stock rom then you can perform step #3

Comment

Well good news is that I managed to run the update via the System Update option. Bad news - nothing happened . Just rebooted back into 1.8 rom. Maybe it's not meant to be. Shame though, I was really looking forward to trying/using MIUI v6.

Anyway, thanks to all that helped me out.

Comment

Are you sure that with 1.8 (september 2014 one?) you flashed there was STOCK recovery?

Comment

Are you sure that with 1.8 (september 2014 one?) you flashed there was STOCK recovery?
                            Definitely. I went into recovery and it was no longer the CWM version, instead the stock version (3e)

Comment

Flash stock rom first

Originally posted by IndyUK View Post
                              Definitely. I went into recovery and it was no longer the CWM version, instead the stock version (3e)
                              But did you flash stock rom also? You need stock rom and recovery to update to MIUI. Here is V1.8 stock rom which you can flash via SP Flash Tool. This is the OTA version of stock V1.8.

Comment

Working...
                              X