SIM is rcognized in TABLET S109 from CARBAYSTAR,but no Internet access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM is rcognized in TABLET S109 from CARBAYSTAR,but no Internet access

Friends, I had purchased a 10.1" Tablet of "CARBAYSTAR" S109 from China.
    It is running and functioning well,except for 2 important issues:--->

1). SIM card recognized, but no internet access,whatsoever.Using 4G-LTE VODAFONE sim.

wifi is running excellent and fully O.K.

2). YGPS is not working.

REST EVERY OTHER FEATURE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

Below are the screenshots as uploaded attachments for better understanding of this tablet and its issues:--->

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by taNewPupil View Post
    Friends, I had purchased a 10.1" Tablet of "CARBAYSTAR" S109 from China.
    It is running and functioning well,except for 2 important issues:--->

1). SIM card recognized, but no internet access,whatsoever.Using 4G-LTE VODAFONE sim.

wifi is running excellent and fully O.K.

2). YGPS is not working.

REST EVERY OTHER FEATURE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

Below are the screenshots as uploaded attachments for better understanding of this tablet and its issues:--->

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
    Hi taNewPupil ,

are you a Newbie in things like that ???

you know that you first have to activate "MobileData" before you can use Sim for Internet and what

about the APN Settings are they right ??? without it can not work .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

I would be ringing Vodafone first as there may have to be some settings in areas such as APN as gefattern has pointed out.

Always worth checking whether the Chinese tablet/phone that you purchase has the required specs to support 3G/4G on the bands offered by your provider in your locale as some are often not supported.

Maybe even worth trying the SIM in another device where the service does normally work.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

bluesmanuk ,The Vodafone sim is working in my other 7" Tablets and also on LeTV LeEco 2 mobile,WITHOUT ANY CONNECTION PROBLEM/ISSUES.

gefattern , Sir the Mobile Data is already activated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
        Even I checked that, manually.

Does this Tablet require an updation/upgradation from Android-5.0 to Android-6.x ???

PLEASE HELP ME EXPERTS.

It's(KARBAYSTAR S109 Tablet) a Mediatek MT6582 chipset, based tablet.
        Also the Kernel is of 3.6.67 version.
        Android-5.0 built.

Comment

So at least that rules out the SIM itself as an issue.

So could be a restriction on the tablets 4G capabilities on a suitable band in your locale.

As I suggested earlier, have you contacted Vodafone, as this should be one of your first steps?

This make of tablet is not a well known one, so doesn't look as if they have an official website.

Vodafone will be able to confirm the technical requirements of any device, which you can compare with and also give advice on any additional setup that may be required.

Comment

^I had contacted Vodafone,they confirmed me that their default settings are completely O.K.
            No problems regarding configuration/settings as ascertained by Vodafone (India).

Comment

In which case you now need to look at the detailed specs of the tablet to match up what 4G channels are covered and compare them with the ones that Vodafone use.

I'm guessing that you have already spoken to the tablet vendor?

Comment

Hi taNewPupil ,

maybe it is a Software Bug , for YGPS / Mediathek Devices most need update of

EPO files this can be done with the App MT GPS from Store , after that it must work

normal .

Does only 4G get no Internet or all Networks not / 3G/2G ???

Ever made a FactoryReset ??? , but always backup before , if you dont know ask or

use the big G .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                  In which case you now need to look at the detailed specs of the tablet to match up what 4G channels are covered and compare them with the ones that Vodafone use.

I'm guessing that you have already spoken to the tablet vendor?
                  Thank You,Sir for the immense co-operation you are providing.
                  Yeah, contacted the vendor(CARBAYTA) and discussed about the issue.

Their reply was :--->
                  Hello, would you please open the flight mode, insert SIM card, close the flight mode can be used again
                  Complied with that,but in vain. Of no avail,issue remains and persists.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                    Hi taNewPupil ,

maybe it is a Software Bug , for YGPS / Mediathek Devices most need update of

EPO files this can be done with the App MT GPS from Store , after that it must work

normal .

Does only 4G get no Internet or all Networks not / 3G/2G ???

Ever made a FactoryReset ??? , but always backup before , if you dont know ask or

use the big G .

good luck

gefattern
                    Thanks,@gefattern for the advice.
                    Regarding, YGPS I am grateful for your suggestive idea of the apps.from google play store.

But for 4G/3G/2G,aspect, no networking no service from Vodafone sim. THOUGH THE VODAFONE SIM IS STILL BEING RECOGNISED WITH ALL THE DETAILS.

No 3G networks nor any 2G network service.
                    I did factory reset 2 times,BUT THE PROBLEM REMAINS.

Comment

Originally posted by taNewPupil View Post
                      Thank You,Sir for the immense co-operation you are providing.
                      Yeah, contacted the vendor(CARBAYTA) and discussed about the issue.

Their reply was :--->
                      Complied with that,but in vain. Of no avail,issue remains and persists.
                      Well at this stage, unless somebody comes along with some new thoughts, I would keep pestering Carbayta until you either get a satisfactory answer or ask for a replacement/refund on the basis that they are saying that a functionality works based upon what you have told them but clearly doesn't, which of course could mean some kind of minor hardware fault.

Comment

Hi taNewPupil ,

Ever tried another SimCard , a Friend once ( of course no Vodafone ) ???

For the next time it is better to buy a better supportted Device , ask for a

new Firmware Link , maybe a new Flash helps ???!!!

Is your Device rooted , are you using Permission Apps , Firewalls or any

other Apps with some strange default Settings ???

hope you can solve your Problems

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Hi taNewPupil ,

Ever tried another SimCard , a Friend once ( of course no Vodafone ) ???

For the next time it is better to buy a better supportted Device , ask for a

new Firmware Link , maybe a new Flash helps ???!!!

Is your Device rooted , are you using Permission Apps , Firewalls or any

other Apps with some strange default Settings ???

hope you can solve your Problems

good luck

gefattern
                          Device is already rooted.
                          I rooted it by SuperSU PRO from Google Play store(initially,I had to root using the free version of SuperSU by "Chainfire")
                          Also have the "Clockworkmod" tool installed(running fully O.K.).

Comment

Hi taNewPupil ,

what about getting your Money back ???

good luck

gefattern

Comment

Hi taNewPupil ,

what about getting your Money back ???

good luck

gefattern
                              Nope.