Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again: Good luck, Silverbarrel.

Comment

Mini 3GS and The Return of the VCOM driver...Happy Ending!

It didn't take that long to get an empty battery and that's indeed all that was needed to get the VCOM driver started as soon as I plugged the USB cable (didn't need to press any button). As was a bit shy at first and only flashed the preloader but as it looked good I did the whole upgrade and my (wife's) tablet is back to life!

I can tell you that I did't expect to see it working at all ever again (to the point that I went on and ordered another 3GS -the least I could do was to replace my wife's beloved tablet- but that's fine: I was really about to replace my sluggish Novo9 SparkII with a smaller and faster tab so all is well)!

All this mess started when I first upgraded the tablet 4 days ago and realized that a game (Hay Day) could no longer be connected to Google+, which I thought was somehow caused by the wiped IMEI or an incompatibility with the firmware. It turned out (announced officially today) that the problem is specific to Hay Day and appeared exactly the same day I was doing the upgrade! Hence all the fiddling back and forth!

...yes, these MTK must be unbrickable!

Many thanks for your support Randy and pogodancer

Silverbarrel
      www.gadgetvictims.com

Comment

Wow, I'm sure glad you got it going again.

While I'm pretty confident in giving out advise on Rockchip devices, these MTK's seem to have very unique symptoms....I'm not as quick to reply about. The symptoms you were giving me were just too strange. I hope I was able to help.

It is good to know that letting the battery drain to 0% will reset your tablet enough to do a flash. With Rockchip devices, it's usually a bad idea to let them completely die.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Working...
        X