Chuwi VX8 RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuwi VX8 RileyROM 1.1

At the request of Freaktab user Rainfall, I've made a custom ROM for the Chuwi VX8 with a MTK8127 Quad Core 1.3GHz CPU. I don't own one of these tablets, so some testing may be in order with some revisions, but this ROM should work just fine.

This ROM is based on official Chuwi firmware dated 7/16/14. This is my first ROM for the Chuwi brand.

EDIT: v1.1 is based on official Chuwi firmware dated 7/26/14. You will need to use the flash tool provided by Chuwi for their firmware to install using their instructions.

This ROM is:

Rooted with SuperSU
    Debloated
    Init.d/Busybox support added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    English as default language
    Your choice of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space by selecting the matching set of EBR files.
    Reboot App by Petrus

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM development.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Download v1.0
    Download v1.1

Here is the link to the factory flash tool:
    Download

EDIT: Here is an alternate boot.img file you can flash that swaps the internal and external SD cards. I haven't tested it, but I followed the procedure in this thread.

Alternate Boot.img
    Last edited by rrileypm; 11-28-2014, 15:30.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

I have tried it... but not working.
    I have installed the MTK PreLoader USB VCOM Port, Android USB Interface driver by MTK.

Trying to flash the ROM, but the progress bar is not moving at all.

Any other users who have luck on this device?

Comment

Were you able to flash the stock ROM you sent me?

If so, you might be able to run the flash tool supplied with the firmware and see if it is better suited for this device. Just include the files from the RileyROM folder from my ROM kit and see if it will work.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Were you able to flash the stock ROM you sent me?

If so, you might be able to run the flash tool supplied with the firmware and see if it is better suited for this device. Just include the files from the RileyROM folder from my ROM kit and see if it will work.
        I was not able to flash using the ROM I sent you also....
        The error I got... when trying to set Download-Agent to MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin, "BROM ERROR: S_FTHND_FILE_LOAD_FAIL (5008)"

Then I tried to use your MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin, it accepts it. Another problem arise when choosing the scatter-loading File.
        Tried the file I sent you, give me an Empty Error Window Popup.
        Tried using your scatter file...it also give me an empty error Window Popup.

Now I am contacting seller to give me new Firmware... or whatever she can find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VX8_Scatter_file0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	434427Click image for larger version

Name:	VX8_Scatter_file1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	434428

Comment

Thank you so much for this rom, working great on my VX8!

@rrileypm
          How did you root this rom?
          I tried different things but wasn"t able to.
          I'm very pleased with this rooted rom.
          I have also a newer version from chuwi vx8, 07-26, maybe you can help me to root it?

@rainfall
          You need te right version of the flashtool to flash the rom.
          I can upload it if you want to.
          The rom is 100% working, thanks to riley.
          Flashed with windows 7 x64 without problems.

Only thing is my gps is not working on my vx8, but I think that's because of bad hardware or antenna.
          I don't bother beause I don't need the gps functionality.

Comment

If you can send me a link to the update, I can make a new ROM.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

I downloaded it from pan baidu, but this link is down now.
              Will upload it tonight myself and send you the download link by pm tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I have the new firmware. I should have a new ROM ready today.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Chuwi VX8 RileyROM 1.0

@bertr32, did u tell riley abt the flashtool? I will wait for riley new ROM then.
                  Anyway for the gps, it is the common issue for chuwi vx8. I read it somewhere... U need to install gps test, and used it to lock the gps signals. After that it will work.
                  Really glad that there is another user out there usin this chuwi tablet. Yay!!!

Comment

I've edited post #1 for a download link to the new ROM, but just as I uploaded it, I realized I needed to change something.

While I'm here, have you noticed any trouble saving files to internal or external SD?
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

No I didn't notice any problems till now.
                      Saving files to both internal and external sd are working here.

I'm uploading the flastool I use right now and send you the download link when finished.
                      So you can make an attachment in the opening post.

@rainfall
                      I already tried gps test but not working here. Is your Gps working?
                      I'll try again with the new rom.

Comment

The v1.1 link in post #1 is live.

Enjoy!!!!!!!
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I've searched a long time to find a tool to root my VX8. I did it today just before I found this thread .
                          Here the link to the tool. I used the pc version; the apk didn't work. It's in chinese so I just did some clicks (green button...) + one reboot and it was done. Don't ask me how??!!

I'll test the existing system at first but then I'll try your version 1.1.

Does it also have just some major languages or is it a real multi language rom?

Is it possible to integrate a cwm or similar recovery?

Comment

Since you are rooted, you can make your own CWM with MTKDroidTool:

Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that!

Comment

Working...
                              X