No announcement yet.

Chuwi VX8 RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone has a link to newer firmware...I'm game to make a new ROM.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hi,
      here is the official 2014-09-23 firmware for chuwi vx8.
      just click on the green button to grab it...

Comment

Hello, here is the Official Firmware from 2014-12-12 for Chuwi VX8. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByW...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I thought 2014-12-12 was the firmware for "D" version... if you compare files inside with the ones from previous firmware, you should notice a few differences (EBR files are missing for example). The latest firmware for non "D" version is 2014-09-23.

Comment

Yes, the Firmware from 2014-12-12 is for "D" Version.

Comment

Hi
              I got back my tablet. Same issue when flashing, but I figure out how to restore it.
              The problem is coming from the modified boot.img (for swaping the internal and external SD cards) which is built wrong for this device. When we try to flash it, an error message appears and the tablet become bricked.
              To unbrick it :
              - open it and unplug the batery
              - in SP Flash tool, load the stock firmware, click download
              - connect the usb cable (MT65xx driver should be installed first)
              - plug the batery, and the flash starts

Who can help to pack correctly a modified boot.img with same caracteristics than the original one ?

PS: flash of modified EBR files bricks also the tablet. Flash of the last firmware (dec. 2014, the one without EBR) bricks also it. Flash of the stock firm from juil. 14 and of the Riley one are working if we keep the standard EBR and boot.img.
              Last edited by seb_131; 05-30-2015, 12:49.

Comment

Official version 2014-09-23 is on my son's VX8 since 2 weeks now. Everything looks OK but GPS isn't working properly (after a very long first time fix, it was OK with stock firmware, now it sees one sat at best...)
                I haven't tried other official firmware (from the russian forum).
                Maybe I'll check GPS on version 2014-08-07.

EDIT : after more extensive tests, GPS is working correctly with version 2014-09-23 but the first cold fix is very long! After that, outside, hot fix in 10s and 6/10 sat used. Not great but once acquired, fix is rock solid.
                Last edited by frisk; 06-08-2015, 19:14.

Comment

Hi,I have a tablet chuwi vx8 (serial nr. VX8DQ8G1214121404,android 2014/12/12 ), can install this reley rom 1.1?I tried but it gives me error flash tools. What rom can install? I give me the error when I enter the settings screen and my game heats up. Sorry i used google translate.Please healp me

Comment

Please help me

Comment

Is there any android 5 version ROM for this Tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by psild View Post
                        Is there any android 5 version ROM for this Tablet?
                        There is no official android 5 for the Chuwi VX8.

But there are some Lenovo Tab, Acer Iconia Tab and Alcatel Pixi tablets that use our chipset MTK8127/MT8127 that already have Lollipop 5.0/5.1 and/or Marshmallow 6.0.

Maybe someone can port one of these ROMs for our device.

Comment

why i can't download files?

Comment

Working...
                          X