iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM v1.6 and v1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM v1.6 and v1.7

This ROM is based on official iFive firmware dated 11/24/14 their version 2.0.3. I was unable to find a change log for this version...so I can't say what has been improved. I haven't had much time to test, since I've been working on several other projects today...so please report your results. Keep v1.5 handy if you need to flash back to it. I will report my findings as soon as I get to it.

RileyROM features:

Rooted with Koush Superuser to allow Titanium Backup support.
    Init.d/Busybox added
    Autoinstall from External SD "autoinstall" folder on first boot.
    Google Play Store fixes added to all greater compatibility with apps.
    English as default language
    Debloated of all Chinese apps

If you aren't already familiar with backing up your nvram and IMEI number...it's very important to do before flashing a custom ROM. Please read this thread before you attempt to flash this ROM:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...g-a-Custom-ROM

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Download

Here is RileyROM v1.7 based on iFive firmware v2.0.4

Download

Here is an alternative boot.img file that swaps the internal and external SD drives. You can flash this file by itself in place of the default boot.img.

Please remember to donate if you can.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 05-09-2015, 02:47.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Thank you

Thanks a lot.
    Will download and test it.

Comment

I just finished flashing and testing on my tablet and everything seems to work.

We still have the settings bug that causes a fc of the settings app when you click on About. I'm still not sure what's up with that.

If you've attempted to download in the last 30 minutes and received an error...just download the ROM again. I made one slight change and uploaded it again. Nothing major...just something I forgot to add to the ROM kit.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

My iFive is death! Please help!

I tried to install v.1.6. After installing PC drivers. I followed the instructions in the folder. When I connect the tablet received a message "unrecognized usb device..." or something similar. I disconnected the tablet and tried to start it - nothing happen. After that I tried to connect the charger. It didn't work either. I don't know what to do Please help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          This ROM is based on official iFive firmware dated 11/24/14 their version 2.0.3. I was unable to find a change log for this version...so I can't say what has been improved. I haven't had much time to test, since I've been working on several other projects today...so please report your results. Keep v1.5 handy if you need to flash back to it. I will report my findings as soon as I get to it.

RileyROM features:

Init.d/Busybox added

If you aren't already familiar with backing up your nvram and IMEI number...it's very important to do before flashing a custom ROM. Please read this thread before you attempt to flash this ROM:

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Download

finally finished my problem, thanks

Comment

RileyROM features:

Init.d/Busybox added

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Download

hi, thanks a lots....please can you help me to have CWM.ZIP...for my ifivemini 3gs...
            and please where i can found the rigth kernel to study it ? ))
            at the moment I downloading your ROM I will try it soon

Comment

Just unzip the ROM to your PC and look at the files in the RileyROM sub folder. CWM Recovery is one of the options, but you need to select it in the flash tool.

Just read the First Time User's Guide and it will give you all of the instructions.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Just unzip the ROM to your PC and look at the files in the RileyROM sub folder. CWM Recovery is one of the options, but you need to select it in the flash tool.

Just read the First Time User's Guide and it will give you all of the instructions.
                Yes,thanks ... What is the FC trouble,

I can flash the new ROM from stock 2.0.2 to 1.6 custom or I must updating the 2.0.3 before...

Comment

It isn't necessary to flash the stock firmware before you flash my ROM.

Be sure to backup your IMEI/NVRAM data as shown in multiple threads...you might have to restore it. (see post #1)
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

It isn't necessary to flash the stock firmware before you flash my ROM.

Be sure to backup your IMEI/NVRAM data as shown in multiple threads...you might have to restore it. (see post #1)
                    Rigth THX

Comment

rileyrom 1.6

Hi riley,
                      i'm new on this forum, thank you for all the work you make, and excuse my english (i'mfrench).
                      i flash my fnf ifive with your rom and all it's ok except the fc in parameters...i have a problem with titanium . i made a backup before flashing on my external sd card, i saw the backup on my card, but titanium do not found this backup...do you have an idea. one more time thanks for your work

Comment

I'm desparate with this tablet (in terms of changing firmware or even recovery).

I'm stuck with stock 2.0.1 (that's what it came with) and after lots of trial & error, I managed to root it with Kingo ROOT (rerified by Root Cheker).

Installed Mobileuncle MTK Tools, backed up my IMEI and that's it. I cannot update my recovery.zip (that you provided in another post), neither install your ROM.

Whenever I try to, I only get errors from the original recovery menu:

When I try to upgrade via Mobileuncle, the system reboots I get the belly up droid "No command.".

When I try via (stock) recovery, I get "Error: Partition table not match" for update.zip and a plain belly-up "Error!" for your ROM itself.

What am I doing wrong?

Note that the above errors were identical even before I rooted, that's why I used Kingo. I also used several different MicroSD cards, from 4GB to 64GB, same results.

Comment

My ROM has to be installed from your PC with the SP Flash Tool. Just unzip the ROM zip file and read the First Time User's Guide.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Custom Kernel

Dear, Why we can't have a custom kernel for ours awesome tablet?

Comment

I finally got this installed!

I didn't want to custom ROM, but the storage on the stock was really bad. It took me about half a day because I had no clue, and couldn't get it to connect to the PC when powered off. I finally used a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0 and it worked great.

Comment

Working...
                              X