Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM v1.6

Originally posted by Arcadia73 View Post
    Dear, Why we can't have a custom kernel for ours awesome tablet?
    I'm not aware of any custom kernels for these MTK devices. So the best we can do is work with stock firmware.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      This ROM is based on official iFive firmware dated 11/24/14 their version 2.0.3. I was unable to find a change log for this version...so I can't say what has been improved. I haven't had much time to test, since I've been working on several other projects today...so please report your results. Keep v1.5 handy if you need to flash back to it. I will report my findings as soon as I get to it.

RileyROM features:

Rooted with Koush Superuser to allow Titanium Backup support.
      Init.d/Busybox added
      Autoinstall from External SD "autoinstall" folder on first boot.
      Google Play Store fixes added to all greater compatibility with apps.
      English as default language
      Debloated of all Chinese apps

If you aren't already familiar with backing up your nvram and IMEI number...it's very important to do before flashing a custom ROM. Please read this thread before you attempt to flash this ROM:

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Download

Please remember to donate if you can.

Thanks for the effort,
      May I know what version of Android is this based? 4.4.4?

Comment

Touchscreen not working after installing RileyROM v1.6

Hi Randy,

immediately after I received my tablet from China I checked all functions first and was very impressed about that tablet. But wanted to have a "clean" ROM and flashed your V1.6 version.
        Since then the touchscreen (digitizer) is not working anymore. Means that the screen is ok but tapping on the screen does nothing. Connected also a mouse via OTG, and this works fine.
        Already flashed different versions and also original ROM (V2.0.3) without any change - boots up, I can see the screen but cannot use it

I am not 100% sure but I think my tab had a version V2.0.4 - so I think they maybe use a new HW in the latest units? Have you heard anything?

Thanks a lot for your help, as right now my tab is more or less useless...

Cheers
        Alex

Comment

Hmmmm, yes we are running into that a lot lately with later releases on some tablets. It seems that the factory has changed some hardware...which requires different drivers.

I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way.

If you can come up with a replacement ROM from iFive...send me a link and I can cook up a ROM for the newer version.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Sent several emails already to iFive (I used all the email adresses I found on their website) but unfortunately didn't get any reply.
            Does somebody have any email from their support?

Thanks
            Alex

Hmmmm, yes we are running into that a lot lately with later releases on some tablets. It seems that the factory has changed some hardware...which requires different drivers.

I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way.

If you can come up with a replacement ROM from iFive...send me a link and I can cook up a ROM for the newer version.

Comment

You might try email from an alternate email address.

Lately, I've experienced my hotmail account not getting through the Great Firewall of China.

But my gmail account seems to go through, OK.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
                I am working together with a lot of Chinese people as the company where I work is producing in China ;-) so at least from my corporate account it should be OK.
                Tried from my Gmail account and also from my companies account
                I will keep pushing ...

You might try email from an alternate email address.

Lately, I've experienced my hotmail account not getting through the Great Firewall of China.

But my gmail account seems to go through, OK.

Comment

Hi, good news.
                  I just received the V2.0.4 from iFive support and this FW solved my issue with the screen not working.
                  It would be great if you could use this one for a clean ROM! Unfortunately I don't know if this version will work for other (older?) units

Comment

Hi,
                    received the new FW from iFive and my tablet is alive again!
                    I couldn't upload the file, so please find a DL link attached.
                    Would be really great if you could make a clean ROM out of it. Unfortunately I don't know what they changed in this beside the driver of the digitizer ...

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

I will download it and start working on it. I have many projects going on at once...some with deadlines, so it may take me until Wednesday to get to this. PM me if I forget, but I will have the file on my desktop to remind me.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

wow - I wish my workmates would be that quick ;-)
                        Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Comment

Re: iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM v1.6

I'm not aware of any custom kernels for these MTK devices. So the best we can do is work with stock firmware.

Do You know where find the kernel to can custom it, I have a friend that can help me to make a custom if we have the source...

Comment

Kernels must be compiled from the MTK sources. So, no...there aren't any custom kernels.

BTW, I have updated to RileyROM 1.7...based on the firmware in post #24 (thanks, alestro). This is based on firmware version 2.0.4 dated 12/01/2014.

See post #1 for the link.

All of the usual features are included as stated in post #1. I've tested the ROM on my Mini 3GS.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Everything seems to work well apart from wallpapaer crashes

Comment

Thanks a lot for the V1.7!

Comment

Working...
                                X