No announcement yet.

iFive Mini 3GS RileyROM v1.6 and v1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I just have received my tablet from repairing. I want to install v.1.7. Now I'm with the stock 2.0.4. Which update.zip should I use to get a root? Is there any issues on 1.7 so far?

Comment

Hi! thank you for this great firmware! i found some issues with this rom.
      1. setting about tablet > crash
      2. when i try to change wallpaper i also have launcher crash.

Comment

I'm aware of both of those bugs. I can't seem to figure out the settings crash...it only happens when you touch the "about" menu item.

I did find that if you choose a Live wallpaper, it works. But my solution is to use Apex Launcher...it's much better than the stock launcher.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

By request, I have an alternative boot.img file that swaps the internal and external SD cards. See the link to it at the bottom of post #1.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

hi, after a full wipe and upgrade rom to riley 1.7 my tablet after the boot show me a privacy password protection and ask me for a pin... also without a sim card installed.... how to go on?

please help me...

Comment

How to change the size of the User App Space?
              There is no EBR2 in ROM components......

Comment

iFive has configured their firmware to combine userdata with the user app partitions. So, at least on my tablet, you have the same amount of space for apps as you have for the internal SD. Early firmware versions didn't have this feature. That's why I haven't included EBR files with this ROM.

Also, I haven't had time to test the alternate boot.img file I made that swaps the internal/external SD. I'm not sure what affect it will have on how the system runs....since user app space is combined with the internal SD space. It may be that you would need to do a complete wipe/format upon flashing the ROM to get the required files and folders to be added to the external SD card (which would also erase everything from the external SD). Otherwise, by just swapping the mount locations of the SD card storage, you my loose your ability to run apps that are installed on the tablet already. That's just something to consider if you want to try swapping internal and external SD's.
                Last edited by rrileypm; 05-13-2015, 18:26.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Hi, thank you for this great firmware
                  Can u add cifs and ntfs support to the ROM?
                  It would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

I will do some testing when I get back home from vacation.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Hey...
                      I have got an ifive 3gs from an friend with some issue.
                      When i start up, i get an lock field. I dont know the key.

I want to install your Rom, but without usb debugging, i cant use Flashtool or MTK droid.

When i Boot into Recovery there stands:
                      Android System recovery
                      F401_ifive_mini_3GS_442_V1.1.1_20140815

Is there anyway to get this tablet working?

Sorry for my bad english...

Comment

Have you followed the procedure stated in the "First Time User's Guide"?

I'm not sure what you mean by "lock field".

You need to get into flash mode, not recovery mode.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

When i started the tab then it comes an lockscreen. So i cant go into the settings to activate usb debugging.

Without debugging i dont get my tab connect with mtk droid tools, but i must made my nvram and imei backup.

Comment

I could flash the Rom, but bevor i cant backup imei and nvram.
                            After first start usb debugging activate and i could connect to mtk droid.
                            There stands no imei and in wlan settings there i get nvram error and wlan does not work.

Comment

Randy, I have installed v1.7, and it seemed to run fine except a few things. First, when I tap settings->about tablet, then it says Settings has stopped. The other problem is google plya books and kindle apps always crashes. This is quite frustrating to me, since I like to use the tablet to read books. Can you help?

Comment

It has been quite a while since the last firmware version of this tablet was released. I've found that over time, certain Google updates become incompatible with the firmware. I've run into the same problems.

The compatibility issues seem to center around the write permissions to internal/external storage. I thought that in the last ROM that I applied the required fixes to enable read/write permissions to storage...but over time, this has changed....possibly from a Google Services update.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X