Cube T9 RileyROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube T9 RileyROM

A round of applause to Randy Riley for the first T9 custom ROM.

Last edited by BamaPanda; 01-25-2015, 02:03.
    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

I uploaded a test ROM.

ROM Features

Rooted with Superuser (Koush)
    Debloat
    init.d and busybox support
    English as default language (full international support)
    Multi-User activated
    Auto install of apks in your external SD autoinstall folder
    Tweaks added to improve the likelihood of being able to write to SD
    CWM Recovery created with MTKDroidTool

Back Up NVRAM/IMEI
    Back up your NVRAM/IMEI data before flashing this ROM. You can easily do this by:

1. Turn your tablet off.
    2. Install the PDAnet app included in the ROM kit to install the drivers. (If you haven't done so yet)
    Open the flash tool on your Windows PC.
    4. Load the scatter file as prompted...it's in the RileyROM folder of the ROM kit.
    5. Uncheck everything from the list of files to flash except recovery.img.
    6. Browse by clicking the recovery.img line in the flash tool, and select CWM_Recovery.img.
    7. Click Download (with Download Only setting on the flash tool)
    8. Connect the USB to your tablet.
    9. When the flash has completed (a box will show up saying so), unplug the USB from your tablet.
    10. Hold the Vol+ button and press power. Your tablet will boot to CWM Recovery.
    11. Open the MTK Droid Tools app (located in the ROM kit).
    12. Connect USB to tablet and watch for your tablet info to populate on the MTK Droid Tool.
    13. Click the IMEI/NVRAM button.
    14. Click Backup. (Your Backup will be in the Backup folder of the MTK Droid Tools folder.)
    15. Disconnect your USB when the backup is complete.
    16. Press the power button to reboot to system.

Now, the Flash Instructions
    1. Be sure you backed up your NVRAM/IMEI data above.

2. Open the flash tool.
    3. Click the Scatter-loading button and browse to the scatter file in the RileyROM folder.
    4. Select the desired EBR1 and EBR2 files for the user app space size you wish to create. They MUST MATCH.
    5. Use the Download Only mode.
    6. Turn the tablet off.
    7. Click the Download button.
    8. Connect the USB to your tablet.
    9. Watch the activity at the bottom of the screen.
    10 A green X will appear indicating you are done with the download.
    11. With the tablet off, hold the vol+ button and press power until the tablet powers up...you will go into recovery.
    12. Using the volume buttons and the power button navigate through recovery and do a "wipe/factory reset".
    13. Boot to system.
    14. Your tablet will boot to KitKat. Wait a few minutes for any apps to appear in the app drawer that you've placed in the autoinstall folder. (Be careful not to over use the autoinstall feature. This is for just a few necessary apps like a terminal or file explorer app. You can add the main Titanium app to autoinstall, but the key app won't work this way.)

Download v1.0
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Hi, I've tried it.
      All ok until point 9. I've flashed CWM and a box shows it's ok.
      But when I press vol+ and power to boot into CWM, the tablet boots in a menu where I can choose between boot in recovey, fastboot, normal boot and uart boot. I select boot in recovery but it only appears the android logo with "no commands" message.
      It doesn't boot into CWM.
      Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        I uploaded a test ROM.

ROM Features

Rooted with Superuser (Koush)
        Debloat
        init.d and busybox support
        English as default language (full international support)
        Multi-User activated
        Auto install of apks in your external SD autoinstall folder
        Tweaks added to improve the likelihood of being able to write to SD
        CWM Recovery created with MTKDroidTool
        The above list is a perfect base set of 'must have' tools and apps.

Thanks Riley, gg on creating the first custom rom.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	missing_driver.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	436919

I am getting a device error message despite installing the mtk_android_USB_driver.

I can see the device installed in 'device manager' however only 'android composite interface' is there.

UPDATE: The only device attempting to install now is MTK65xx Preloader.

Comment

Easy root for T9

Just in case any need it.
            Download Vroot Android rooting software for Root any Android device in one click. Supports more than 8000 Android devices
            Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
              Just in case any need it.
              http://vrootdownload.org/
              I rooted mine with it... Easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hekatombe View Post
                Hi, I've tried it.
                All ok until point 9. I've flashed CWM and a box shows it's ok.
                But when I press vol+ and power to boot into CWM, the tablet boots in a menu where I can choose between boot in recovey, fastboot, normal boot and uart boot. I select boot in recovery but it only appears the android logo with "no commands" message.
                It doesn't boot into CWM.
                Any ideas?
                Well that's something I can answer.

Hekatombe, CWM is working if u see the 'no command' message. All you have to do when u see this message is click the power button again. And a menu will appear.

It was a lucky discovery for me as I too thought 'what the hell, nothing happened!'

My issue at the moment is MTKDroid tool fails to let me click the NVRAM/IMEI button even after reflashing the stock ROM. I have tried everything to get this button to be clickable. It seriously eludes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddick View Post
                  Well that's something I can answer.

Hekatombe, CWM is working if u see the 'no command' message. All you have to do when u see this message is click the power button again. And a menu will appear.

It was a lucky discovery for me as I too thought 'what the hell, nothing happened!'

My issue at the moment is MTKDroid tool fails to let me click the NVRAM/IMEI button even after reflashing the stock ROM. I have tried everything to get this button to be clickable. It seriously eludes me.
                  This is CWM recovery? It appears a text on top secreen telling "Android recovery" and I supposed it was stock device recovery.
                  To make a backup of NVRAM/Imei, I opened mtk droid tools, connected the tablet BOOTED (normal mode), and then mtkdroid tools detect it. Then go to the tab called "root, backup, recovery" and click "backup" button.
                  The process starts and will make a backup on your pc.
                  I'read some error message on the process but ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hekatombe View Post
                    This is CWM recovery? It appears a text on top secreen telling "Android recovery" and I supposed it was stock device recovery.
                    To make a backup of NVRAM/Imei, I opened mtk droid tools, connected the tablet BOOTED (normal mode), and then mtkdroid tools detect it. Then go to the tab called "root, backup, recovery" and click "backup" button.
                    The process starts and will make a backup on your pc.
                    I'read some error message on the process but ignore them.
                    From what Edius noted in the other T9 thread is the backup apparently only backs up the NVRAM and not the IMEI.

At this stage I will probably do my own custom ROM until Riley or someone else makes the penultimate ROM, most likely it would be a lollipop build.

For me, the way I see it, the OTA updates are critical in the Cube T9's infancy.

My titanium backups will be just used when I seriously fail to reflash the stock ROM. The sucky thing is now the stock rom is already 2 versions behind.

Comment

That's correct. The OTA updates are important...but can only be obtained by someone with the stock firmware in place.

I remove the ability to download OTA updates in my ROM because the OTA updates will cause problems...and ultimately boot loops. You will loose root as well.

The best thing would be for someone to install the stock firmware...let the tablet download and update the OTA update...then dump the new firmware to your PC with MTK Droid Tools. Then post or PM me a link to the updated OTA firmware so I can create an updated ROM. You must use an alternate rooting technique in order to make the backup, though....that's the kicker. MTK Droid Tools requires the tablet to be rooted to perform the ROM dump.

If anyone can provide me with a complete copy of the entire backup produced with MTK Droid Tools, I will be happy to make a new ROM with it.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Hi, Randy.
                        Please look here
                        Do you think is possible to make 2 patches, first to root/second one to unroot T9 using stock CWM recovery? Something like this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post213748
                        I think that will allow us to use OTA/have root... and everybody will be happy.
                        And what you think about that tee1_tee2 files that replace usually EBR1_EBR2 files?

Comment

I need to do some reading up, I guess...on these Cube MTK tablets...because of the differences among them.

Brian (900Supersport) usually works the Cube brand...I just stepped in to help on this one since Brian is really busy.

I will see what more I can do for you guys. It will be tomorrow, though. I have to work today.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            I need to do some reading up, I guess...on these Cube MTK tablets...because of the differences among them.

Brian (900Supersport) usually works the Cube brand...I just stepped in to help on this one since Brian is really busy.

I will see what more I can do for you guys. It will be tomorrow, though. I have to work today.
                            Thank you for spending your precious time with us.
                            I'm sure all T9 owners will be gratefull to you for that.
                            Regards, Edy.

Comment

Great rrileypm! Thanks a lot for your work. We appreciate it a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X