Cube Talk T7 RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube Talk T7 RileyROM 1.1

This ROM is based on official Cube firmware v1.6 dated 3/24/15. I'm not sure of what fixes are present in this new firmware release from Cube.

Thanks to FT member Taajan for providing the link to the firmware, and adding a TWRP Recovery for you.

This ROM is:

Rooted with Superuser (Koush)
    Debloat
    init.d and busybox support
    English as default language (full international support)
    Multi-User activated
    Auto install of apks in your external SD autoinstall folder
    Tweaks added to improve the likelihood of being able to write to SD

Back Up NVRAM/IMEI
    Back up your NVRAM/IMEI data before flashing this ROM. You can easily do this by:

1. Turn your tablet off.
    2. Install the PDAnet app included in the ROM kit to install the drivers. (If you haven't done so yet)
    Open the flash tool on your Windows PC.
    4. Load the scatter file as prompted...it's in the RileyROM folder of the ROM kit.
    5. Uncheck everything from the list of files to flash except recovery.img.
    6. Browse by clicking the recovery.img line in the flash tool, and select CWM_Recovery.img.
    7. Click Download (with Download Only setting on the flash tool)
    8. Connect the USB to your tablet.
    9. When the flash has completed (a box will show up saying so), unplug the USB from your tablet.
    10. Hold the Vol+ button and press power. Your tablet will boot to CWM Recovery.
    11. Open the MTK Droid Tools app (located in the ROM kit).
    12. Connect USB to tablet and watch for your tablet info to populate on the MTK Droid Tool.

13. Click the IMEI/NVRAM button.
    14. Click Backup. (Your Backup will be in the Backup folder of the MTK Droid Tools folder.)
    15. Disconnect your USB when the backup is complete.
    16. Press the power button to reboot to system.

Now, the Flash Instructions
    1. Be sure you backed up your NVRAM/IMEI data above.

2. Open the flash tool.
    3. Click the Scatter-loading button and browse to the scatter file in the RileyROM folder.
    4. Select the desired EBR1 and EBR2 files for the user app space size you wish to create. They MUST MATCH.
    5. Use the Download Only mode.
    6. Turn the tablet off.
    7. Click the Download button.
    8. Connect the USB to your tablet.
    9. Watch the activity at the bottom of the screen.
    10 A green X will appear indicating you are done with the download.
    11. With the tablet off, hold the vol+ button and press power until the tablet powers up...you will go into recovery.
    12. Using the volume buttons and the power button navigate through recovery and do a "wipe/factory reset".
    13. Boot to system.
    14. Your tablet will boot to KitKat. Wait a few minutes for any apps to appear in the app drawer that you've placed in the autoinstall folder. (Be careful not to over use the autoinstall feature. This is for just a few necessary apps like a terminal or file explorer app. You can add the main Titanium app to autoinstall, but the key app won't work this way.)

Download v1.1

Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM projects.

Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hmmm, that's quite a problem. Are you sure you flashed my boot.img file?....or is it the stock boot.img?
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

A possible solution would be to try flashing the boot.img from my v1.0 ROM. See if you have the same problems with it. I've retraced my process, and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Donate here

Comment

Does this rom support the 4G octacore version of the Cube T7?

//SM0TSC

Comment

OK, I will go back and check my boot.img and see what the problem may be. I've only edited one file in the boot.img, but there may be a problem when I repack it.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            OK, I will go back and check my boot.img and see what the problem may be. I've only edited one file in the boot.img, but there may be a problem when I repack it.
            I unpack your boot.img for teclast t98 32gb and notice that are missing two file i add them repack and it works i dont remember the name later i check it

Comment

file missing are boot.img-board that contain 1427192157 and boot.img-cmdline that contain bootopt=64S3,32S1,32S1 for teclast t98 32gb hope this is info you need

Comment

Thanks, I will check...but I sure didn't delete them.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

I have same issue with boot loop. Flashing back stock boot.img solves this problem.
                  It's not clear for me what is meant by EBR* files too

Comment

It appears that Cube used a variation of the standard MTK firmware format. On most MTK ROM's there are two files...EBR1 and EBR2 that I have a tool to edit to increase the size of the user app space. Cube firmware doesn't contain those EBR files...so my usual way of modifying the user app space isn't available. There are some posts mentioning that editing the scatter file will allow increased app space.

There is also a difference in they way boot.img is put together in these Cube ROM's. So I need to work on a solution for that problem.

I have a few reasons for not trying it, yet. #1, I don't own a Cube Talk tablet...but I'm thinking about ordering one as a testing platform for future ROM support. My donation fund can't support it right now (hint). #2, I have soooooo many other projects, both work related and ROM related that I haven't sat down to figure out what is required to edit the scatter file. #3, I haven't supported Cube products much because my friend 900Supersport has traditionally been our Freaktab Cube developer. I didn't want to step on his toes. He has been quite busy and has taken some time off of ROM work for personal reasons...so I've tried to fill the void...but I really need to dive in and little deeper. My Pipo ROM's are slowing down because of current lack of support from Pipo on firmware updates, so I do see having some time to concentrate on Cube.

A few donations would be handy to allow me to become better equipped to handle these Cube ROM's. I really need a tablet to test any changes I'm able to make.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Hi Riley
                      First of all i want to say thanks for the great Roms that you made for the Pipo M9Pro.
                      But i got a Cube T7 too that i updated to V1.6 and rooted with Iroot,but their a some Problems with the Sensors (they must be somtimes new calibrated) and Cpu Managment, it looks like most of the time
                      only 2 CPUs are running with 1859 Clockspeed(look attached Pictures).
                      Did you already know that it is only "ALIYUN OS".Xposed installer says that,but it works.I use Gravitybox and two SecurityFixes.Somewhere i read that a deodexed and/or dejexed rom is better,and why does Cube not use real Android it is Open Source or not?
                      Games like my Favorit "Death Trigger 2" always crasching can anyone confirm that.I know that it works with V1.4 (Gizchina.de Test)
                      About the EBR Problem arent they using TEE files.
                      I hope that more Cube T7 Users will follow and share their experience.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 12 photos.

Comment

My donate button is at the bottom of my signature panel....if you are viewing the web version of FT.

Im looking forward to trying the boot.img and CWM you mentioned.

Getattern, those are a lot of questions I dont currently have an answer for at the moment. Some more testing is in order.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

BTW, I suddenly discovered engineering menu that can be accessed from bootloader menu(where recovery mode is selected) when UART mode is selected. And there was sensor calibration menu as far as I remember.

Comment

Hi
                            Thanks,but I know how to calibrate the Sensors.I only want to say that there are some Problems with the Firmware from Cube.I want to try V1.3 or V2.0 that i downloaded from China Gadgets Review.
                            Mayby better.

Have a nice day.

Comment

I'm hoping to get a test tablet to work with. In the meantime, some of these bugs are tough to fix.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X