Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archos 80 Cobalt 900 supersportROM (2 feb 13)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've released a new ROM for the Archos 80 Cobalt based on their forware 02 Feb 13, see the following post for the download

This is based on Archos's ICS firmware.

Features
    • defaults to uk
    • root
    • some bloat removed
    • busybox and init.d support
    • play/market fixes for more apps in google play
    • 2 Gig apps/user space

Instructions
    • flashing will clear all your data so you may want to backup first
    • remove any external sdcard as otherwise it may be formatted
    • download and unzip
    • start the ROM tool
    • put the tab into bootloader/flash mode * and install drivers if required
    • click erase idb
    • on completion flash the ROM
    • first boot will be to recovery, select reboot (vol keys navigate and power selects)
    • this boot will take a little longer but you then have a freshly setup tab

At this point you will have stock recovery (required as my CWM will not format the sdcard on this tab) I you want clockwork recovery then download from the link below and:
    • extract the zip and copy to the 900supersportROM folder
    • put the tab into bootloader
    • start my ROM tool
    • clear all the check boxes but recovery
    • double click on ../900supersportROM/recovery.img and edit to ../900supersportROM/CWMrecovery.img
    • Flash

CWMrecovery download

* to put the tab into bootloader/flash mode either
    • with the tab off hold vol - and connect the USB to the PC after a few seconds (could be as much as ten) the tab should be detected by the flash tool.
    • from a rooted tab with a terminal emulator. Connect to the PC by USB then on the terminal emulator you can enter
    Code:
    reboot bootloader
    Drivers are included in the ROM kit if required

cifs support can be added as follows if you have already added CWM recovery

instructions
    • download the cifs.zip to the internal sdcard, do not extract
    • reboot the tab to recovery (i've included Petrus's reboot app in the system tray)
    • from recovery select 'install zip from sdcard' (scroll with vol +-, select with power)
    • select 'choose zip from internal sdcard'
    • navigate through the folders etc to find cifscwm.zip and select
    • scroll through the nos and select 'Yes -Install cifscwm.zip' and let it do it's stuff
    • select go back and then reboot system now
    Your done :-)

Finally a couple of words of thanks to
    1. t-bon3 for supplying the tab at the price tesco sold it
    2. the team here at freaktab, especially Finless without whom I would not be cooking ROMs
    cifscwm.zip (267.2 KB, 194 views)
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    I've released a new ROM for the Archos 80 Cobalt based on their forware 02 Feb 13, see the following post for the download

Features
    • defaults to uk
    • root
    • some bloat removed
    • 2 Gig apps/user space
    Instructions
    • download and unzip
    • start the ROM tool
    • click erase idb
    • first boot will be to recovery, select reboot (vol keys navigate and power selects)
    At this point you will have stock recovery (required as my CWM will not format the sdcard on this tab) I you want clockwork recovery then download from the link below and:
    • start my ROM tool
    • double click on ../900supersportROM/recovery.img and edit to ../900supersportROM/CWMrecovery.img
    • Flash

CWMrecovery download

• with the tab off hold vol - and connect the USB to the PC after a few seconds (could be as much as ten) the tab should be detected by the flash tool.
    • from a rooted tab with a terminal emulator. Connect to the PC by USB then on the terminal emulator you can enter
    Code:
    reboot bootloader

instructions
    • reboot the tab to recovery (i've included Petrus's reboot app in the system tray)
    • from recovery select 'install zip from sdcard' (scroll with vol +-, select with power)
    • scroll through the nos and select 'Yes -Install cifscwm.zip' and let it do it's stuff

2. the team here at freaktab, especially Finless without whom I would not be cooking ROMs
    hi i installed this rom to my tab but need to put it back to stock as i have a problem with the touch screen like half of the touch screen has stopped working

Comment

Re: Archos 80 Cobalt 900 supersportROM (2 feb 13)

Download the stock firmware from the archos website and flash with the rkbatch tool, if you don't have this I can upload.
      900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

thank you for all you have done both tablets installed just fine with ROM and CWM have not tested the fix for Skype or google talk yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post

Features
          • defaults to uk
          • root
          • some bloat removed
          • 2 Gig apps/user space
          Instructions
          • download and unzip
          • start the ROM tool
          • click erase idb
          • start my ROM tool
          • Flash

CWMrecovery download

Code:
          reboot bootloader

instructions

Hi Supersport

Just got my daughter this tablet so I am going to try out your rom !!

I know there is a new firmware dated march, so I presume your rom is based on the previous firmware from Archos. Would you be updating your rom with the new firmware?

Archos 80 cobalt

Firmware changes

Version 20130202 - March 29th, 2013

• Fix an issue with Google talk no sound on loudspeaker on video chat.
          • Fix an issue of shortcuts and icons can't be removed of the home screen.
          Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
          <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
          <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
          <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
          </form>

Comment

Where did you see that firmware? Latest I see is 2 Feb. Will happily work a new rom if you point me to the download link. If you want a personalised boot image and animation I'll do that for you too.
            900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

It is only in the update history you click in it says March, strange must be the February firmware Supersport I think
              Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex
              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
              </form>

Comment

OK I'll download and check just in case.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk HD
                900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Thanks man 😊

</form>

Comment

Downloaded, unpacked and flashed the kernel. Kernel has the same build number. All files are the same size. I see no difference.
                    900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Downloaded, unpacked and flashed the kernel. Kernel has the same build number. All files are the same size. I see no difference.

Ok thanks man sorry for the confusion, just in the middle of decorating my daughters bedroom , as soon as it is done will flash your rom and set up her tablet. Sure your rom will be brilliant

Thanks Supersport 😊

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                        Ok thanks man sorry for the confusion, just in the middle of decorating my daughters bedroom , as soon as it is done will flash your rom and set up her tablet. Sure your rom will be brilliant

Thanks Supersport 
                        I dare say that you may have seen this but there is a thread over on HUKD that also gives hints, tips etc

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Maybe not brilliant, but better than stock.
                          900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

It works very well indeed.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Maybe not brilliant, but better than stock.

Installed the rom on my daughters tablet and works great, glad you produced this rom you have made her day.

Thanks man appreciate it😊

</form>

Comment

Working...
                              X