Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archos 80 Cobalt 900 supersportROM (2 feb 13)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be amazing if somebody could add a overclock to this rom

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
      Installed the rom on my daughters tablet and works great, glad you produced this rom you have made her day.

Thanks man appreciate it😊

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

had to get a refund on daughters tablet, the touch screens on these are awful. Took first one back because of unresponsive touchscreen, and second one the same.

shame as the rom was great

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk
      Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
      <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
      <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
      <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
      https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
      </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
        had to get a refund on daughters tablet, the touch screens on these are awful. Took first one back because of unresponsive touchscreen, and second one the same.shame as the rom was great Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk
        Not sure whats going on with your tablets but my 80 cobalt touchscreen works very smooth and responsive.There are apps to resolve touscreen problems, like when u install for the first time u aint allowed to touch the screen because its calibrating, if u do touch the screen u get the chance of problems

Comment

??

Where i con download his ,,rom tool,, ?

Comment

Not certain, are asking for the ROM Kit for the Archos 80 Cobalt or the tool kit I use to make ROMs?
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
              I've released a new ROM for the Archos 80 Cobalt based on their forware 02 Feb 13, see the following post for the download

Archos 80 Cobalt 900 supersportROM (2 feb 13)

This is based on Archos's ICS firmware.
              Hi supersport,

I cant see the link to download, where is the link for the rom?

I tried to download the old rom

but the link is strange, it opens as an xml file or something...

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
              <tree><message type="SUCCESS"/><require_auth/></tree>"

Am I doing something wrong?

ps thanks for your work on making this rom for the cobalt!

Comment

The link you quoted is

I can download this. It could be that when you logged into the site you did not check stay logged in.
                900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the link. Installing now

Was there any progress on getting JB onto this tablet? Or a CM10.x port?

I can help with testing if needed.

Thanks supersport

Comment

I had some luck getting cm10.1 to boot on the Archos 80 Cobalt

The ROM is here http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1041 and here is the thread http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1913
                    and I just replaced the kernel with the stock one for this tablet under advice from oma7144

Here is the discussion thread here http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...hos-80-cobalt/

wifi is working, but there are some small problems that need to be ironed out like USB not connecting, and internal storage problems,

Are you interested in taking a look at it 900supersport?

Comment

I no longer have this tab so would be working blind. In the circumstances I'm afraid I'll have to pass. If you decide to take it on yourself then post here and myself or one of the other devs may be able to help.

Good luck.

Brian
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Ok thanks Brian,

I've managed to get the USB to connect and internal and external storage to work.
                        I'm still having trouble with a screen flicker when I rotate the screen and the battery info not showing - in the status bar there is just a '?' for the battery icon and in settings menu it says 'battery usage data isn't available'

Where is the battery info stored? Is it inside sysUI.apk? or is there something in services.jar that I need to look at?
                        I figure I can decompile both and cross reference with the stock firmware and take a look at the differences.

What about the screen rotation animation files, where are they stored?

Thanks

Comment

CyanogenMod 10.1 working on the Archos 80 Cobalt

Another link that might be interesting to Cobalt 80 users

CyanogenMod 10.1 working on the Archos 80 Cobalt! This is oma7144's ROM, I've been able to get it running under a bit of guidace from oma and I thought I'd share it here if anyone else is interested. The original thread is here - but this ROM...
                          Last edited by bluesmanuk; 11-10-2013, 01:19. Reason: update
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi there

Just acquired a 9.7 Archos Cobalt and I'd love to try this ROM but I get a permission denied - is there anywhere I could grab a copy to try and see if I can revive this hardware?

Many thanks in advance. J

Comment

Working...
                            X