Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archos 80 Cobalt 900 supersportROM (2 feb 13)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhml2020
    replied
    Hi there

Just acquired a 9.7 Archos Cobalt and I'd love to try this ROM but I get a permission denied - is there anywhere I could grab a copy to try and see if I can revive this hardware?

Many thanks in advance. J

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    CyanogenMod 10.1 working on the Archos 80 Cobalt

Another link that might be interesting to Cobalt 80 users

CyanogenMod 10.1 working on the Archos 80 Cobalt! This is oma7144's ROM, I've been able to get it running under a bit of guidace from oma and I thought I'd share it here if anyone else is interested. The original thread is here - but this ROM...
    Last edited by bluesmanuk; 11-10-2013, 01:19. Reason: update

Leave a comment:

• kage00
    replied
    Ok thanks Brian,

I've managed to get the USB to connect and internal and external storage to work.
    I'm still having trouble with a screen flicker when I rotate the screen and the battery info not showing - in the status bar there is just a '?' for the battery icon and in settings menu it says 'battery usage data isn't available'

Where is the battery info stored? Is it inside sysUI.apk? or is there something in services.jar that I need to look at?
    I figure I can decompile both and cross reference with the stock firmware and take a look at the differences.

What about the screen rotation animation files, where are they stored?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 900supersport
    replied
    I no longer have this tab so would be working blind. In the circumstances I'm afraid I'll have to pass. If you decide to take it on yourself then post here and myself or one of the other devs may be able to help.

Good luck.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• kage00
    replied
    I had some luck getting cm10.1 to boot on the Archos 80 Cobalt

The ROM is here http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=1041 and here is the thread http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=1913
    and I just replaced the kernel with the stock one for this tablet under advice from oma7144

Here is the discussion thread here http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...hos-80-cobalt/

wifi is working, but there are some small problems that need to be ironed out like USB not connecting, and internal storage problems,

Are you interested in taking a look at it 900supersport?

Leave a comment:

• kage00
    replied
    Awesome, thanks for the link. Installing now

Was there any progress on getting JB onto this tablet? Or a CM10.x port?

I can help with testing if needed.

Thanks supersport

Leave a comment:

• 900supersport
    replied
    The link you quoted is

I can download this. It could be that when you logged into the site you did not check stay logged in.

Leave a comment:

• kage00
    replied
    Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
    I've released a new ROM for the Archos 80 Cobalt based on their forware 02 Feb 13, see the following post for the download

Archos 80 Cobalt 900 supersportROM (2 feb 13)

This is based on Archos's ICS firmware.
    Hi supersport,

I cant see the link to download, where is the link for the rom?

I tried to download the old rom

but the link is strange, it opens as an xml file or something...

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <tree><message type="SUCCESS"/><require_auth/></tree>"

Am I doing something wrong?

ps thanks for your work on making this rom for the cobalt!

Leave a comment:

• 900supersport
    replied
    Not certain, are asking for the ROM Kit for the Archos 80 Cobalt or the tool kit I use to make ROMs?

Leave a comment:

• Greatstar
    replied
    ??

Where i con download his ,,rom tool,, ?

Leave a comment:

• dodemans
    replied
    Originally posted by Damo View Post
    had to get a refund on daughters tablet, the touch screens on these are awful. Took first one back because of unresponsive touchscreen, and second one the same.shame as the rom was great Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk
    Not sure whats going on with your tablets but my 80 cobalt touchscreen works very smooth and responsive.There are apps to resolve touscreen problems, like when u install for the first time u aint allowed to touch the screen because its calibrating, if u do touch the screen u get the chance of problems

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Originally posted by Damo View Post
    Installed the rom on my daughters tablet and works great, glad you produced this rom you have made her day.

Thanks man appreciate it😊

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

had to get a refund on daughters tablet, the touch screens on these are awful. Took first one back because of unresponsive touchscreen, and second one the same.

shame as the rom was great

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dodemans
    replied
    Would be amazing if somebody could add a overclock to this rom

Leave a comment:

• Damo
    replied
    Maybe not brilliant, but better than stock.

Installed the rom on my daughters tablet and works great, glad you produced this rom you have made her day.

Thanks man appreciate it😊
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    It works very well indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X