Arnova 10b g2 RES will not connec to PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10b g2 RES will not connec to PC

I upgraded to GingerComb last night, and this moring when I connect the tab to my work PC (WinXP), the tab is recognized, but Windows cannot load the drivers to access the Internal Memory on the tab. Is this normal? I remember when I first used my external SD card in Windows, I had to format it... but the tab's memory structure should already be in place...? Any help/info is greatly appreciated!

Doug

Windows does not need drivers to see removable drives.
    On Gingercomb in the status bar at the bottom when the cable is plugged in you should see a USB symbol (like a 3 prong fork sticking up). If you press that little icon it will open a little box saying USB connected. Click in that box and a screen will come up. Then turn on USB Storage and Windows will now see the drives.

This really is not different than the stock ROM except you pulled down the status bar to turn on USB storage.
    It was never on by default. For windows to see the drives, you had to turn this on.

Also please remember to eject the removable drives in Windows BEFORE turning off USB Storage on the tablet or it will corrupt the SDcard.
    See this post:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Understand-WHY!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks, Bob! I knew I was missing something!

Comment

Make sure you have the USB mass storage turned on in the tablet.I did the same thing, just make sure that when you disconnect. You hit eject or you can corrupt your files.

OK so while I was typing Bob beat me to it
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

LOL! Thanks Tatt - yes... Bob is ALL OVER IT!! He does not miss a beat!

Comment

Working...
          X