ARNOVA 10 G2 FORGET? ,NO ICS....????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment no news about Arnova 10 G2?

We are only Arnova G2 serie without ICS firmware , no news, forghet from GOD?????

BOB, you are only to solve it!!!!

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

Originally posted by lolloarnova View Post
    At the moment no news about Arnova 10 G2?

We are only Arnova G2 serie without ICS firmware , no news, forghet from GOD?????

BOB, you are only to solve it!!!!

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
    I think that there will never be an ICS rom for our tablet...
    to bad because this tabled is more than capable for running ics and like you said this is the only arnova g2 serie without an ics rom

i hope there BOB or any other good developer wil create a fully working ics rom for our device

Comment

it seems to be in some days a Rom with ICS for our 10G2

Comment

Originally posted by seb.l View Post
        Great news indeed. Thanks for sharing.
        I wonder where this version comes from?
        I doubt arnova did it, and as said on the arctablet site, they failed to make an ICS rom for the 10G2.

A new talented rom cooker in the scene?

Anyway, this is really cool and maybe will revive my 10G2

Comment

it seems to be in some days a Rom with ICS for our 10G2
          https://www.arctablet.com/blog/featu...ay-store-soon/
          Arctablet has been saying that for a long time! So I will "wait and see". Not to burst bubbles or anything.

However, with that said. I personally think people will go back to Gingerbread just for performance reasons alone. I got ICS working on the 10g2 with a Ethernet stick (I could not get wifi working). Performance just sucked! Videos showing the desktop manipulation and a few apps does not really show you how bad it can suck with only 512mb of memory! Oh and watch out for memory leaks and stability!

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

By the way... just to add... I will never buy another Arnova product again for many reasons.

WAY better products out there for the same price. Archos on the other hand is not the same.

Bob

Comment

Re: ARNOVA 10 G2 FORGET? ,NO ICS....????

Just the same for me. Bought a 10g2 for 100$ worth it but no more.
              The only reason i bought a tablet though.
              Cheap and ok for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                Just the same for me. Bought a 10g2 for 100$ worth it but no more.
                The only reason i bought a tablet though.
                Cheap and ok for the price.
                My 10G2 was $210 in the USA.

I have to say I learned a lot from it, but later I found products NOT sold in the USA that were far superior! Archos and Arnova have presence in the USA Market though small. US market in my opinion is PRIMED for a good flood of all kinds of Android tech from China! But the usual USA distributors & resellers CANNOT figure out how to do this. I think because it changes every week and they have NO CLUE how to deal with it.

Right now what is happening in the USA general market is these companies are buying last years TECH at a total CLEAR OUT price! Guess why? So they have nothing to loose and buy the crap and put it on the shelves. Walmart, BIGLOTS, etc, stores are PRIME examples of people showing up here asking questions about stuff many of the Dev's here did last year! In the day they sold for $200 USD. Now they show up at Walmart for $60 on sale!

Seems here in the USA, we are behind on tech ONLY because Walmart doesn't carry it! Or some distributor does not want to take the risk.

I think stores in USA selling tech will need to change. Why? Because consumers are getting smart! Buying tech at Walmart is buying 2 year old tech they got for 50 cents on the dollar! While cheap, for a few bucks more, you can get a lot more from China sellers on the internet!

Anyway, I loved my Arnova but after "growing up" I realized there are FAR BETTER products!

Bob

Comment

ICS 4.0.3 from Arctablet

Hello, i have not faith on Arctablet announcement. The las year they annunced a new "firmware version with dongle bluetooth support (Still Gingerbread)" with a demo on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cgNKwFsMZw).
                  This firmware annunced "relased soon" since 06/08/2012 was never released.
                  I still use solid 1.5D Bob Finless firmware. Is still gingerbread, no bluetooth support... but it's real!
                  Thanks Bob.

Comment

If there was an ICS firmware released for the 10G2, I would be really interested, modified or not.
                    If arctablet has access to such a firmware, I really would like to see it untouched.
                    But a modified version (if it works) would be great to play with too.
                    I just hope it won't take too long until they release their version. They said in a few days. It is already 15 days. I'll put my 10g2 back in the drawer for now. If anybody has some news, just keep us updated. I'm fed up refreshing the same page everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                      If there was an ICS firmware released for the 10G2, I would be really interested, modified or not.
                      If arctablet has access to such a firmware, I really would like to see it untouched.
                      But a modified version (if it works) would be great to play with too.
                      I just hope it won't take too long until they release their version. They said in a few days. It is already 15 days. I'll put my 10g2 back in the drawer for now. If anybody has some news, just keep us updated. I'm fed up refreshing the same page everyday.
                      Respect for the community and many thanks to arctablet for new rom. We are waiting.......

Comment

ICS 4.0.3 is OUT!

Hello,
                        today arctablet relase ICS 4.0.3 with root and google play for our Arnova 10 G2.
                        The name of the package is : kasty-ez_arn10g2-40-0463-2G.zip

I can't try, for the moment, the new firmware because the Arctablet site is filtred on the computer that i use today..... but is OUT!
                        Cygnus01x

Comment

Re: ARNOVA 10 G2 FORGET? ,NO ICS....????

I might have to drag my G2 out of mothballs to try this. Keep us posted.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

ICS for arnova 10 G2

I've installed it on my ARN10G2 and it's works very well and speedy :
                            here:

Originally posted by cygnus View Post
                            Hello,
                            today arctablet relase ICS 4.0.3 with root and google play for our Arnova 10 G2.
                            The name of the package is : kasty-ez_arn10g2-40-0463-2G.zip

I can't try, for the moment, the new firmware because the Arctablet site is filtred on the computer that i use today..... but is OUT!
                            Cygnus01x

Comment

I installed it too. I'm very impressed with the performance. It has sparked some new life in an older device. Kudos to them.

Clearly this is someone else's work, so we likely won't be posting a Freaktab version of it here. That is simply out of respect to Arctablet's hard work.

Feel free to discuss it here further.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X